MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is English, so I know the boot is the trunk. The hood is called a bonnet, fyi. We still to this day find ourselves using words the other doesn't know yet. It's fun.

I wish we had something new on our girl. It's more and more heartbreaking every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She must be mental.(or crazy) A drive is a driveway and the cabinets are the cabinets, LOL

MOO

She calls the something like clapboards as opposed to cabinets and a yard instead of driveway....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do we know they were her favorite pants? Also I don't think it's well documented where men or women dispose of bodies. Not trying to be argumentative, sorry.

How do we know they were her favorite pants? Also I don't think it's well documented where men or women dispose of bodies. Not trying to be argumentative, sorry.

IMO I feel that the outfit she was found in is most likely the outfit she died in. I just don't think that the person(s) who placed her along the beach prepared the body in any way. To support that, she and her clothing had pollen on them, so she wasn't bathed therefore not redressed for that reason. Of course it's only my opinion.

I do recall reading some articles that discussed how "in general" women and men killers rid bodies of children, and I remember reading women choose death methods that were slower and less violent (poisoning vs guns/knives) where men tend to use violence. In burial it said women place victims near or in water quite often (and a reference was made to returning them to a state ore birth where they lived n amniotic fluid was a theory) where men tended to bury victims.

I'll try to research this and see if I can find the article about this for reference.

I call it a trunk??? Have never heard of a boot aside from you know, the shoe or getting rid of someone "gave her the boot"

But I'm from the Deep South, and say "save the groceries" and "save the laundry" so who am I to question your meaning of boot ;)

Sorry !! I'm in the uk.. It's a boot here ... No idea why... U have garage sales.. We have car boot sales .. People open up the car boot and sell there old stuff..

I've just realised how strange us Brits are.. :waitasec:

Tried calling the Police Dept asking for the update, asking when we could get the update, No answer. weird..... I emailed them...

Sorry !! I'm in the uk.. It's a boot here ... No idea why... U have garage sales.. We have car boot sales .. People open up the car boot and sell there old stuff..

I've just realised how strange us Brits are.. :waitasec:

oh, its okay to be strange, i myself call it a trunk, and a boot is what i put on my foot... lol.... we got an ol saying around here..." let me go get my boots of first cause the *advertiser censored* getting deep" lol

She calls the something like clapboards as opposed to cabinets and a yard instead of driveway....

Cupboard? Pronounced more like cubberd or cub-bud depending on how thick the accent is.

One thing that I keep going obsessing about is the autopsy. I keep thinking how is there no cause of death. One article I read (from July) stated it was a preliminary autopsy and it would be several months before the comprehensive autopsy information would be available. So I've went and read up a bit, I've learned that a preliminary report is usually available within 24-48 hours of the autopsy, it's called a "provisional anatomical diagnosis" and it takes approx 6 weeks to 2 months for the full results to come back. If the autopsy was performed the first week of July then we. Should have the full findings by now, and perhaps we do,a d perhaps they are the "undetermined" results.

I've read an autopsy consists of external (hair, nail samples, body radiographer, wounds examined, body cleaned, weighed, gender sex etc documented, then an internal exam is performed of all internal organs to look for signs of injury, illness, disease, etc, in addition, tests are performed including toxicology like stomach contents and chemical poisons, and bio chemical and genetic analysis. I know these would include some of the isotope, pollen, and DNA samples we've heard of and are awaiting further testing.

If her autopsy has indeed shown, as a final conclusion, as "undetermined", that leaves to the conclusion that she died in a manner they cannot determine. I reviewed the top ten causes of death, per most recent published by the CDC, year 2013. They are list from 1-10 most common to least for child ages 1-4: unintentional injury, congenital abnormality, homicide, malignant neoplasm, heart disease, influenza/pneumonia, chronic lower respiratory disease, septicemia, benign neoplasm, perinatal period.

Of those, which would possibly not show on an autopsy? With research (listed below) so far I'm concluding so far: unintentional injury, congenital abnormality, and homicide, heart disease (if a birth defect of heart is heart disease I'm not a medical professional, if heart disease is only the type caused by buildup of plaque and high blood pressure then ignore this I'm not well versed here). I haven't went farther down the list, but due to length of forensic findings, wanted to share findings of the top 5 causes of death.

*******One interesting very common aspect I found in the forensic autopsy findings is that they tend to use a combination of findings or lack thereof IN ADDITION TO the information available from family/friends/first responders who discover the victim to determine cause of death. When one half of the information is missing (no family to tell how person was found or feeling/complaining in hours/days leading up to cause of death), it makes determine of death much more difficult and thus "UNDETERMINED" is used if no autopsy findings can be found.

Causes of death that often or never cannot be determined on autopsy include (especially without info from family/friends):

*SIDS (birth-5 years can be victims of SIDS).

*Cardiac scenarios like R and T syndrome or Ward-Ramano Syndrome, both are present from birth, cause irregularities with the heart beating, and can make the heart strip immediately, cannot often be found by diagnostic tests by docs, cannot be found in autopsy.

*rare occasions hereditary diseases (ward-ramano), hazardous enviro conditions (unsafe water?), unusual toxic exposure (carbon dioxide or methane gas), unsafe consumer products (cribs), are the cause, and with information provided from scene this is the determination.

* although it is rare on occasion an "undetermined" is listed on autopsy. The pathology is reserved, often for decades. In some situations, these results are later used to determine new diseases (as in the case of undetermined deaths from the 1950s, pulled decades later when HIV was determined and AIDS was discovered to be cause of death of those from the 1950s).

There are several undetermined manners of accidental, homicidal, suicide, and natural death that will often or always show no signs of death on autopsy. No evidence will be found externally or internally. Some include:

*asphyxia - choking for example, if choking I'm removed prior to death and no one available to relay choking occurrence.
* smothering - ex: plastic bag over head. Pillow used pushed down over head or face pushed down into pillow.
* mechanical asphyxia - pressure outside body prevents breathing (car accidents/riots/stuck in well/drug or alcohol induced and asleep face down). But in drug/alcohol induced the toxicology will show toxins, car accident will possibly show other injuries, etc, and other factors will often traumas will be known or show on the body as evidence. Therefore this is unlikely in this case.

* BURKING - sitting on chest of individual and hands over nose mouth, combined causes suffocation and asphyxia. No trauma will be seen in many children or in drunk/drugged adult.

* suffocating gases - carbon monoxide and methane exposure that limits oxygen exposure and causes death will not show on autopsy as cause of death. Carbon monoxide will show on toxicology but is naturally occurring in blood tests therefore without info to determine exposure to excess co2, cannot be determined. Methane in natural gas like cooking/heating, will show in blood test but only exposure to not cause of death.

Source: Google books: Forensic Pathology pages 231-245.

Great post, thank you. I also would hope that like many have mentioned, there would be evidence on that blanket.
right?!

Great post, thank you. I also would hope that like many have mentioned, there would be evidence on that blanket.
right?!

Evidence of what specifically? Do you mean perhaps the cause of death or?.

Evidence of what specifically? Do you mean perhaps the cause of death or?.

I know it was said on one of the 1st two threads that the blanket and pants were digital images, but there is definitely a hair on that blanket. Yes I zoomed in to look at the dirt and noticed the hair. Of course it could be Baby Doe's. Actually it probably is or they'd be closer to solving this mystery. It would be awesome if there were clues on the items.

I got some junk in the trunk. Dat's where I keep my bumbershoot. And my spear tyre, Tee Hee (sorry you UK peeps)

So, having said that, Is the south really that deep? Like, do you need boots all the time?

Curious.

Ha. No we don't actually live IN the swamp;) well some people do. We wear boots in the winter - like pretty brown leather boots like the rest of the country and rain lots when it rains. but unless you are going crawfishing, hunting, or fishing, you don't need boots. Duck Hunting we wear waders - rubber boots all the way up to your crotch area- for lack of a better word. Hmm. Groin maybe.

IMO I feel that the outfit she was found in is most likely the outfit she died in. I just don't think that the person(s) who placed her along the beach prepared the body in any way. To support that, she and her clothing had pollen on them, so she wasn't bathed therefore not redressed for that reason. Of course it's only my opinion.

I do recall reading some articles that discussed how "in general" women and men killers rid bodies of children, and I remember reading women choose death methods that were slower and less violent (poisoning vs guns/knives) where men tend to use violence. In burial it said women place victims near or in water quite often (and a reference was made to returning them to a state ore birth where they lived n amniotic fluid was a theory) where men tended to bury victims.

I'll try to research this and see if I can find the article about this for reference.

I think the women in water and men bury holds pretty true most of the time. If you think about past cases, it's hard to deny.

I know it was said on one of the 1st two threads that the blanket and pants were digital images, but there is definitely a hair on that blanket. Yes I zoomed in to look at the dirt and noticed the hair. Of course it could be Baby Doe's. Actually it probably is or they'd be closer to solving this mystery. It would be awesome if there were clues on the items.

Wow that would be awesome if the hair belonged to someone other than baby doe. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Okay locals, I have been doing online research all evening. I need your insight to the area. Here's my thoughts....

Since law enforcement has stated that pollen testing has spent several weeks in the greater Boston area AND isotope testing has shown that baby doe has spent time in Boston BUT MORE IMPORTANT she was migratory, spending time in a variety of areas across the U.S. (And this would support the theory why no one recognizes her as she isn't a child with roots held in one area for long), I'm concluding that her family travel for employment, and something has brought them to the greater Boston area.

We know she was most likely there throughout the month of June. So what migratory jobs in or around Boston would bring someone or a small family in for the summer, or a month? Since she's unreported by family, and we can presume family is most likely involved in the child's placement on the beach without getting LE involved, she very well may be from an undocumented migrant family. She herself may be US born or perhaps undocumented herself, or she may have one of two family members that are undocumented. Or both may be US citizens or documented but for reasons of their own (past or current criminal involvement/foul play in child's death/previously experienced profiling by LE) chose to not involve LE... SO WHAT BRINGS MIGRANTS INTO THE EASTERN MASS AREA DURING MAY/JUNE?

Fairs/carnivals/circus performs - can you think of any in town for two-four weeks or longer?
Migrant farm workers? Can we get a list of the farms in Middlesex, Essex, Boston, Norfolk that use migrant workers?
Food processing workers (a list of food processing plants in or near the Boston area)?

I found out that there are several sanctuary cities in Mass, for those that may not know, a sanctuary city will ignore immigration laws in order to attract workers. Those close to Boston MA are: Cambridge, Somerville, and Chelsea. So if we can focus on any migrant employers (farms/food processors) in those counties they would be the employers near greater Boston area that may have employed baby Does family member if the family did indeed have an illegal family member (and very likely).

Of course, not to rule out that they were not illegal, just dodging LE involvement, it would be wise to include any/all migrant employers in or around the Boston area.

After considering migrant employers, it's quite possible that the family was migrant but found perm employment in Boston and was no longer migrant (Boston MA and the general area of MA has a very diverse culture workforce I've learned, approx 24% of their workforce is made up documented immigrant workers. Many are documented, have college degrees, and own homes, but there is also a large documented population that works in: mfg (24%,), entertainment/recreation/hospitality (23%), professional previously mentioned (20%), construction (17%). And the remaining are misc jobs. Also about 2% of the population is undocumented workers, this is probably where many of the migrant jobs are held (2,530 farms in MA in 2014 employed 15,649 workers, many seasonally.). Source: migrant policy.org.

Therefore, if the family now has/did have stable, non migrant employment and is/was living in the greater Boston area, they could be working in any of these areas.

The majority of the immigrant workers in MA are from: Mexico, China, India, Philippines, El Salvador, Vietnam, Cuba, Korea, Dominican Republic, Guatemala. But most workers in or near greater Boston in the largest industries in that area, mfg and hospitality, come from: Brazil and Dominican Republic. Although she doesn't fit the profile of some, Our lil angel could very well be from one of these countries as her birth origin. Perhaps when the isotope study finishes we can narrow that down as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on migrant employment in the greater Boston area?

I think the women in water and men bury holds pretty true most of the time. If you think about past cases, it's hard to deny.

What about distance? Do women tend to leave children closer to home and fathers leave children further from home? Seems I read something about this, but have no articles to back up thoughts. Of course, if they are transient then they really have no home and chose water because of being homeless.

Okay locals, I have been doing online research all evening. I need your insight to the area. Here's my thoughts....

Since law enforcement has stated that pollen testing has spent several weeks in the greater Boston area AND isotope testing has shown that baby doe has spent time in Boston BUT MORE IMPORTANT she was migratory, spending time in a variety of areas across the U.S. (And this would support the theory why no one recognizes her as she isn't a child with roots held in one area for long), I'm concluding that her family travel for employment, and something has brought them to the greater Boston area.

We know she was most likely there throughout the month of June. So what migratory jobs in or around Boston would bring someone or a small family in for the summer, or a month? Since she's unreported by family, and we can presume family is most likely involved in the child's placement on the beach without getting LE involved, she very well may be from an undocumented migrant family. She herself may be US born or perhaps undocumented herself, or she may have one of two family members that are undocumented. Or both may be US citizens or documented but for reasons of their own (past or current criminal involvement/foul play in child's death/previously experienced profiling by LE) chose to not involve LE... SO WHAT BRINGS MIGRANTS INTO THE EASTERN MASS AREA DURING MAY/JUNE?

Fairs/carnivals/circus performs - can you think of any in town for two-four weeks or longer?
Migrant farm workers? Can we get a list of the farms in Middlesex, Essex, Boston, Norfolk that use migrant workers?
Food processing workers (a list of food processing plants in or near the Boston area)?

I found out that there are several sanctuary cities in Mass, for those that may not know, a sanctuary city will ignore immigration laws in order to attract workers. Those close to Boston MA are: Cambridge, Somerville, and Chelsea. So if we can focus on any migrant employers (farms/food processors) in those counties they would be the employers near greater Boston area that may have employed baby Does family member if the family did indeed have an illegal family member (and very likely).

Of course, not to rule out that they were not illegal, just dodging LE involvement, it would be wise to include any/all migrant employers in or around the Boston area.

After considering migrant employers, it's quite possible that the family was migrant but found perm employment in Boston and was no longer migrant (Boston MA and the general area of MA has a very diverse culture workforce I've learned, approx 24% of their workforce is made up documented immigrant workers. Many are documented, have college degrees, and own homes, but there is also a large documented population that works in: mfg (24%,), entertainment/recreation/hospitality (23%), professional previously mentioned (20%), construction (17%). And the remaining are misc jobs. Also about 2% of the population is undocumented workers, this is probably where many of the migrant jobs are held (2,530 farms in MA in 2014 employed 15,649 workers, many seasonally.). Source: migrant policy.org.

Therefore, if the family now has/did have stable, non migrant employment and is/was living in the greater Boston area, they could be working in any of these areas.

The majority of the immigrant workers in MA are from: Mexico, China, India, Philippines, El Salvador, Vietnam, Cuba, Korea, Dominican Republic, Guatemala. But most workers in or near greater Boston in the largest industries in that area, mfg and hospitality, come from: Brazil and Dominican Republic. Although she doesn't fit the profile of some, Our lil angel could very well be from one of these countries as her birth origin. Perhaps when the isotope study finishes we can narrow that down as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on migrant employment in the greater Boston area?

I didn't have time to read your whole post, sorry at work... BUt what about fishing, is that a migratory occupation that may bring people to the New England area?

I didn't have time to read your whole post, sorry at work... BUt what about fishing, is that a migratory occupation that may bring people to the New England area?

It very well may be, because when I was looking at some of the food processing plants I did notice in the Boston area was seafood related. Any locals care to chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member