MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know too much about the mechanics of breathing, but I think that the diaphragm and other muscles in the abdominal area are necessary. I think that if one or some of those muscles were to be severely damaged, that would make breathing difficult/impossible.

Exactly. I think he hit her so hard she lost her breath, and the blow was so hard it damaged the abdomen so that the muscles necessary for breathing couldn't function.

JMO.

So many social issues can be seen in so many of these cases. Lack of stable home life, drug abuse, people entering and exiting little lives with little notice. The same old questions come up in cases like this. How do we prevent? How do we fix what we perceive as problems with oversight of at risk kids in the broader sense?

I wish we could solve these very important issues in these threads. :(

All we can do is follow the criminal prosecution of those charged with harming Bella and work to support programs and policies in our real lives and communities that we feel will change what feels like so many of the most vulnerable among us falling through so many cracks.

i have been trying to catch up.. I havent posted on this thread before but I have followed this case. This is a parent problem.. a woman problem, specifically. How many times do we have to read about women who keep these disgusting men in their lives and protect them.. above and beyond even the life of their own flesh and blood, defenseless children?

Kids who have been sexually abused by a dad or mom's new boyfriend.. men who beat the woman's kids, men who murder kids, women who stay with cheating vile companions.. women who tolerate any manner of abuse.

Women need to start protecting other women and children. NO ONE gets involved anymore. We worry more about a stray cat more than an at risk mom or at risk child.

Why are women so afraid to speak up and get OUT! The blame belongs squarely on this mom. Not on drugs or an abusive boyfriend. God entrusted you with this little soul.. she came from your heart.. your obligation was to protect her and not your relationship with the sleep-over boyfriend of the week.

As far as DCYS is concerned.. the system is a mess and why expect the government to solve anything.. it starts with US!

JMO on all of this.

I don't think this is derailing the topic at all. I could only lurk last night because I was working, but I kept facepalming every time someone here would mention that Bella looked cared for and that RB looked like a loving mother based solely on a few pictures and posts on facebook. I am still a bit flabbergasted. We all need to seriously stop assuming that social media even comes close to telling the whole story. It's ridiculous. The reason I feel that this is on topic is because RB had many facebook friends, and I wonder if just one of them did not believe the Big Lie of Social Media, if he or she might have put two and two together.

Your not a good mother when you bring scum and druggies around your baby. That's selfish only thinking of yourself not your children. That's makes her a crappy mother. IMO

That's why RB made such a big deal about what she did for her for her birthday because she was abusive in between maybe not physically but mentally. When a man abuses a women he is apologetic and nice afterward buying gifts, flowers etc. I think RB knew she was a horrible mother and it was her way of trying to makeup for it. To make herself feel better. Poor little Bella probably watched those druggies get high together, shoot up. Makes me sick.

Well.........So many issues to discuss but one huge point to be made: This is NOT Florida where complete access to case documents is public record and thus.......... many "unauthorized" points of information will be traveling throughout the media (thus frustrating the heck out of the general population!).

1. Child protective services: rather familiar with them in Mass. from the past decades where they WOULD have "followed" peripherally, since the huge intervention of ACLU et al., once a case is deemed closed.....the participants are "off the radar"! From the dates given, Aug -Dec '12 & June-Sept '13, I'm ASSUMING a case of mandatory reporting @ birth and the second intervention could be for any number of reasons but perhaps another mandatory reporting (maybe a WIC provider?). The primary objective (stated a bit harshly, perhaps!) of the DCFS is to reunite families (and federal $$ are provided to each State for the % of "successes"). On another side of the coin, CDFS workers have HUGE caseloads & miserable support facilities, from what I've seen recently in my jurisdiction, many of the dedicated "old souls" with MSWs are retiring (yeah, fiscal cutbacks, again!) & staffing credentials have been modified significantly!

Next post: forensic "stuff" discussion :gaah:.............also which will be verbose! :loveyou:

bbm

Woo Hoo Joypath! So excited to see you here and offering your sage wisdom!

I so agree with everything you stated. Once a case is closed those children are off the radar. The law does not allow keeping cases open or having check-in's after CPS has closed the case. It is very specific and requires a new referral that meets the severity level must be accepted by CPS in order to open a new case.

It is a very difficult line because people can and do change over time and often are not the same person they once were. Many parents who had parental rights previously terminated go on to provide good care to their subsequent children. The red flags are always there but that is not sufficient to terminate rights on all further children.

CPS is a reactionary entity. They only get involved when someone alerts them to child abuse or neglect already happened. It does not identify high-risk individuals who might need closer supervision proactively to folks who never have never been in the system. It also cannot keep cases open forever - they are barely funded as it is. (IMO)

My dumb of the day...I thought "Occupy Boston" was a shelter or something at first, I totally forgot about them.

How do people like this get SSI disability? They use it to buy sell, use, shoot up drugs? My poor sister is riddled with osteoarthritis and can barely walk or move gets turned down for SSI benefits but yet losers, druggies and trailer trash always manage to get it along with section 8 housing. Nice the government gives away tax payers money for pathetic losers like this it makes me sick. I read in one of the articles she received it and was one of her likes on FB.

It can be discouraging for people like your Sister, but I believe when
someone is homeless (or about to be) the squeaky wheel turns more
frequently. I don't even know how they can afford cigarettes? From the
tone of RB's voice... She smoked a pack or two daily.

On her FB page besides the staged pictures of Bella, there was a lot of food pics, I bet she neglected providing food for the two children that
have been taken away.... so put on a show with the cooking segments.

Most abdominal organ perforations would NOT cause "immediate" death, defined as "within minutes", exception being an aortic transection (ripping/slicing the aorta (upper abdominal positioning) into pieces). A death from other abdominal organ perforations/transections is frequently/often/usually prolonged & painful.
This makes this so much sadder. This also IMO makes RB more guilty in the death of Bella. If Bella didn't die immediately RB had an opportunity to get her help and try to save her life but she did not. Infuriating.

Wasn't there a report that her injuries prevented her from breathing? So, my guess is that she was hit so hard that she lost her breath and was unable to ever regain it. If that is true, I'm hoping it was quick.

JMO.
I read on CNN that the baby was punched in the face because the BF thought she was possessed or Satan or something like that.. My guess is that she started to bleed from the nose and mouth, cried etc and choked on her own blood. MOO

http://www.wcvb.com/news/baby-doe-identified-5-investigates-reports/35348850

http://fox6now.com/2015/09/19/new-details-in-baby-doe-case-after-mom-and-boyfriend-charged-in-death/

Not to derail the topic but this is don't rue. People said this about Casey Anthony...look how happy Caylee looked in (posed) pictures. here is a perfect example of social media and illusion

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ty-pennsylvania-runner-showed-only-part-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That story definitely hits close to home. That's the thing. People who suffer from things like depression or abuse (and often times the abusers) are going to make damn sure they come off as anything but miserable online. What else is social media for other than to make yourself look great often enough? People, my self included, may make vent blog or twitters but in my case and the case of p much everyone I know who can relate, they're set on private so only a select few can see.
From what I can see RB's past exploits were hardly new information to the people who knew her. And I can bet the drug use was so long standing many suspected she was still using. All those posts gushing about beautiful Bella were to prove a point, prove others wrong, try to show that she is really REALLY trying this time or really taking care of and loving her baby. Draw attention to the smiling baby in the video rather than the drugged out sounding voice of the woman filming and blatantly cursing in front of her two year old (yeah I know some people think that people are uptight about language but personally I think there's a limit). Someone here already drew a comparison to Casey Anthony, who also supposedly loved her daughter and took pictures of her smiling and hugging her. If she truly loved that child, she wouldn't be partying and drinking the month she was "missing." it's the same with RB. No loving mother would stuff their baby in a freezer to save her own skin.

Horrible tragedy, but where do people want these kids to go? At least if people said "I'd pay more taxes for orphanages" that would be a suggestion. Obviously orphanages became disfavored for many reasons that are legitimate. But where is the state supposed to put them? How many foster homes are there? How many are satisfactory? No one becomes a DCF worker because it is a fun, rewarding job. Wherever the line is drawn, there will be issues. That's the reason they aren't taken at birth - parental rights. They used to ship them off on orphan trains, and that wasn't good either. Anyone could take them. It's hard to predict when a child will be physically harmed, and the mental harm of being taken away and placed with strangers probably frequently outweighs the harm of being in a typical bad situation. So sad. The world doesn't operate under the rules that competent parents should be the ones who reproduce. So upsetting.

ETA: I have also consistently been baffled by the jump to illegal immigrant. They could flee and never be prosecuted. It makes far more sense for it to be a citizen who is uncomfortable with LE - they far outnumber illegal immigrants.

So wholeheartedly agree.
People, public, anyone wants children not to suffer or live in awful situations however where are the quality foster homes? Why aren't friends/families jumping in to take these children in? It's a sad state of affair the way children in need are treated.
I have a gorgeous 4 year old that's not mine. He's a part of our extended family. He already was part of the foster care system for 6 months. At 14 months he was going to end up in foster care yet again when I stepped in and took custody of him. I'm 40 and divorced. Not an easy thing to do but oh man he makes my life complete. However i know not everyone can take a baby in at a drop of a hat.
We as a society/government need to make it easier to help all those babies that need the help.
Off my soapbox.

Actually this iOS pretty much exactly what o Thought happened and said so.
When we were discussing theories, I don't remember too many people speculating that Bella was killed by mom and mom's boyfriend, even though that's how most of these child murder cases go. And that's what happened in another high-profile unidentified child, Baby Grace, case. Why not? Is that because LE never released the COD and made it sound like she didn't die due to violent means? I really didn't think it was a possibility even though it seems so obvious now. I wonder if there was a reason they made a lot of us think she could have died by accident and maybe her parents were illegal and too scared to report it...

I read on CNN that the baby was punched in the face because the BF thought she was possessed or Satan or something like that.. My guess is that she started to bleed from the nose and mouth, cried etc and choked on her own blood. MOO

http://www.wcvb.com/news/baby-doe-identified-5-investigates-reports/35348850

bbm

The CNN article just says: "...little Bella Bond was allegedly punched by her mother's boyfriend because he thought she was possessed,..."

It does not say where she was punched.

[video=cnn;tv/2015/09/19/boston-baby-doe-bella-toddler-killing-charges-ganim-dnt-newday.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/19/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/index.html[/video]

So am I reading the news right here? No one actually noticed that Bella was gone, but rather RB confessed to the baby's <modsnip> that she was dead and then the <modsnip>'s sister contacted LE? Am I really understanding that the connection between Bella and the Baby Doe was never actually made by any of the adults who knew of Bella? Even though Bella had her third birthday during this time?

I'm still pages behind I think, but
How could this source know this and not speak up until Thursday?

Maybe he punched her belly then sat in top of her chest until she stopped breathing??? Is that possible. The cod is just not making sense. I'm guessing in addition to heroin that he was on bath salts or whatever that synthetic drug is that makes people paranoid and hallucinate that people are demons etc?

All that stuff about bath salts is hysteria. Pretty much none of the crazy things attributed to bath salts during the hysteria turned out to actually involved the drug. Hardcore drug users use meth, heroin, etc. Bath salts aren't that popular really.

In any event, I get the sense he suffocated the baby by laying on top of her, likely assaulting her in some way. That can happen with tiny children being assaulted by much heavier adults. (The mention of a lack of obvious trauma makes me think that). Mentally ill, out of his mind on drugs, just evil, or a combination of all three- with the way Bella's egg donor lived her life, from the little I've seen, something like this was just a matter of time in Bella's doomed little life.

So wholeheartedly agree.
People, public, anyone wants children not to suffer or live in awful situations however where are the quality foster homes? Why aren't friends/families jumping in to take these children in? It's a sad state of affair the way children in need are treated.
I have a gorgeous 4 year old that's not mine. He's a part of our extended family. He already was part of the foster care system for 6 months. At 14 months he was going to end up in foster care yet again when I stepped in and took custody of him. I'm 40 and divorced. Not an easy thing to do but oh man he makes my life complete. However i know not everyone can take a baby in at a drop of a hat.
We as a society/government need to make it easier to help all those babies that need the help.
Off my soapbox.

Here is the problem, or part of it. Courts dont like to take children away from their family. IF a child is placed in foster care it is often not a great situation. If I told you i knew of cases during my nursing career where people were taking in kids and spending the minimum on them even though they were subsidized and he kids were cold, hungry and neglected.. would you believe me? These "families" made a living off their foster kids.. About 40 years ago or so, the "message" went out. "The worse home is better than the best institution". The argument was that children raised in orphanages didnt know what toast popping out of a toaster sounded like.. hla bla. So, what do we have.. many many miserable foster care situations, many more kids who are in marginal situations, being left with their disgusting parents, and not enough social workers and state case workers to do an adequate job. MOO

Just my opinion on all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member