MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bit unfair to criticize people who, at first look, wanted to believe RB was a loving mom based on FB photos. I'm willing to bet those opinions were made before the horrific details emerged. When the FB link first emerged, the public didn't yet know the role the mom played and plenty of people were confused on how a seemingly attentive mom was involved. At second glance, the photos didn't seem right. And then when detail emerged, people's opinions changed with the new information.

I've seen this happen in other cases on WS, when comments from the past are criticized for being off base or wrong, without seeing that people are commenting on what they knew at the moment.

I don't think anyone NOW thinks RB is a loving mom, even if they did want to believe that for a moment or two yesterday before knowing better.

All that stuff about bath salts is hysteria. Pretty much none of the crazy things attributed to bath salts during the hysteria turned out to actually involved the drug. Hardcore drug users use meth, heroin, etc. Bath salts aren't that popular really.

In any event, I get the sense he suffocated the baby by laying on top of her, likely assaulting her in some way. That can happen with tiny children being assaulted by much heavier adults. (The mention of a lack of obvious trauma makes me think that). Mentally ill, out of his mind on drugs, just evil, or a combination of all three- with the way Bella's egg donor lived her life, from the little I've seen, something like this was just a matter of time in Bella's doomed little life.

As usual, I totally agree with you!

I think it's a bit unfair to criticize people who, at first look, wanted to believe RB was a loving mom based on FB photos. I'm willing to bet those opinions were made before the horrific details emerged. When the FB link first emerged, the public didn't yet know the role the mom played and plenty of people were confused on how a seemingly attentive mom was involved. At second glance, the photos didn't seem right. And then when detail emerged, people's opinions changed with the new information.

I've seen this happen in other cases on WS, when comments from the past are criticized for being off base or wrong, without seeing that people are commenting on what they knew at the moment.

I don't think anyone NOW thinks RB is a loving mom, even if they did want to believe that for a moment or two yesterday before knowing better.

BBM That was the point I was trying to make. Anything like this you see on facebook needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. There should have been immediate skepticism based solely on the information we already had, namely that a baby's body was found and no one claimed her or reported her missing. That alone should have been enough to give any of the posters here serious pause.

I think that social media still confuses many people and this case and the reactions here on the board illustrate it well. So many had built up in their head the kind of mother Baby Doe would have had to have in order to end up dead and abandoned. Well, they were right about that, but then the things the mother posted on social media seemingly didn't match up. There were a lot responses like, "huh, that's odd she is a good mother on facebook, so she is probably a good mother in real life, so how did this happen?". Instead the response should have been, "well, it makes sense that only a bad mother would not report her daughter dead or missing, and her facebook page makes her appear to be a good mother, so probably the facebook page, which has been personally curated by Rachelle herself, is probably not an accurate reflection of the kind of mother she is."

Seriously folks, we put way too much stock in the veracity of someone's facebook page and it needs to stop.

Why and how did they chose Deer Island? Winthrop is a peninsula, you don't drive through it to get some where. Unless you live there or are visiting one would never know it was there. There are people driving, biking and walking on Deer Island every day, but those folks are mostly Winthrop people. Makes no sense to me.

Do they know for sure that the body wasn't dropped at sea and washed ashore on Deer Island. I don't know how they would've gotten a boat, but it seems strange to just deposit the body somewhat out in the open on that island like that.

So had RB not confessed all this to someone then Bella would still be unidentified. Obviously no one noticed that the child was missing, and no one seemed to notice that she had not had a birthday party. This poor child was surrounded by so much dysfunction that she never stood a chance. She has aunts, a bio dad and two grandmothers, yet it was only the confession of her mother that broke open the case.

Some days, I just don't want to live on this planet. Poor little Bella spent her short life completely adrift in a vast ocean of nothing.

I'm surprised she didn't pull a Casey Anthony and report her missing. Maybe she was going to until they decided it would bring too much attention to their drug world and past criminal history.

Who knows maybe she stayed with the guy who killed her baby because he threatened to blame her like he is doing now if she went to the police and blackmailed her with the illegal drugs or even to kill her if she ratted on him. Maybe that's why she finally told the brother of LS what happened hoping he would call the police. I'm just trying to make excuses for her in my head as to why she stayed with him otherwise I just can't fathom this behavior.

The only way it wasn't his choice was if there was a court order preventing him from seeing her. He has not said that is the case, which would be the first thing any person in his position would say if it were true.
Just to play devil's advocate...there are plenty of parents out there that deliberately, wilfully withhold their children to punish the other parent, sometimes even in defiance of a court order. If a non-custodial parent doesn't have the legal knowledge and/or funds necessary to pursue legal remedies they can easily find themselves in such a situation. If RB refused to allow bio dad to see Bella there was little he could do, until and unless a court order allowed him visitation, especially if paternity had never been established.

I'm not defending biodad - I know nothing about him - but I've known a few parents who really do love their kids written out of their lives by a vindictive ex-partner.

JMO and FWIW

I live in the area too and I agree it's an odd place for them to end up at. Like you said, no one goes there without a reason to be there like visiting someone they know. Did one of them go in the past to watch the planes maybe?

That is probably why they chose it; they figured that not too many people go out there and so it would take longer for the body to be discovered.

I'm surprised she didn't pull a Casey Anthony and report her missing. Maybe she was going to until they decided it would bring too much attention to their drug world and past criminal history.

Who knows maybe she stayed with the guy who killed her baby because he threatened to blame her like he is doing now if she went to the police and blackmailed her with the illegal drugs or even to kill her if she ratted on him. Maybe that's why she finally told the brother of LS what happened hoping he would call the police. I'm just trying to make excuses for her in my head as to why she stayed with him otherwise I just can't fathom this behavior.

Casey Anthony had to report her daughter missing because there were other adults in Caylee's life who cared about her. Bella did not have that, so RB did not have to report her missing. RB figured no one would notice and she was right, no one did.

That is probably why they chose it; they figured that not too many people go out there and so it would take longer for the body to be discovered.

Why would they leave it pretty much out in the open, though? It was not at all buried according to what I have read.

Casey Anthony had to report her daughter missing because there were other adults in Caylee's life who cared about her. Bella did not have that, so RB did not have to report her missing. RB figured no one would notice and she was right, no one did.

Right and also Casey would have kept going with her party life and never reported her missing until the Anthony's finally demanded to see Caylee and know where she's at. She had no choice to finally report her missing. I will never forget that phone call she sounded like she could care less.

So many social issues can be seen in so many of these cases. Lack of stable home life, drug abuse, people entering and exiting little lives with little notice. The same old questions come up in cases like this. How do we prevent? How do we fix what we perceive as problems with oversight of at risk kids in the broader sense?

I wish we could solve these very important issues in these threads. :(

All we can do is follow the criminal prosecution of those charged with harming Bella and work to support programs and policies in our real lives and communities that we feel will change what feels like so many of the most vulnerable among us falling through so many cracks.

We all need to spend some time being advocates for real change. I'd like to see way more money spent on social services- on day-to-day assistance for at risk families, constant oversight of parents who lost their kids before, but by highly paid and highly trained professionals who are there to help and protect the child and who aren't overburdened by too many cases. I'd much rather have my tax dollars spent on that than certain other things.

And I think we need to streamline the process for terminating parental rights. No more languishing in foster care for years while the parents decide whether they can get their you know what together. Kid taken into the system? You have one year to fix things. One year to finish everything asked of you and to stay clean, etc. Or the kids are gone forever.

She was willing to do sexual things for $20. Wow. That is nothing. I wonder if she was willing to maje more money using her child?

To put your kid in the freezer tells me she has zero thought or care for her child. Just continued partying on

Usually I'm not one to jump to the worst case scenario. But wow. Child found dead. Police say that the mother's "boyfriend" did "something" to her abdomen to obstruct her breathing. Neighbors report various men coming in and out of the house, fighting and the child crying all the time.

Well, we will know more Monday. But perhaps I don't want to. It was quite hard watching the video of her. Poor darling.

Every time I hear a news report about Bella, when I hear a reporter mention her as BELLA BOND I am filled with joy and sadness at the same time.

We so wanted her name and it is BELLA BOND.

There are people on Deer Island everyday, biking, walking and going to work at the sanitation plant. My point is those folks are people from Winthrop, or people employed at Deer Island. You travel to Winthrop to go home or visit someone, it is a destination. Nobody drives through to get some place else.

There are people on Deer Island everyday, biking, walking and going to work at the sanitation plant. My point is those folks are people from Winthrop, or people employed at Deer Island. You travel to Winthrop to go home or visit someone, it is a destination. Nobody drives through to get some place else.

I'm assuming there will be some connection to the place. We just don't know it yet.

Getting a glimpse at RB, I'm wondering if she thought Bella would drift off to sea, as if that were a nice thing RB was doing for her daughter. Ugh. :(

Apparently whatever benefits she was receiving because of the child, she kept right on taking for what could now be months, not days, not weeks, but MONTHS!!! Definitely a bottom feeder and disgusting!

I think my opinion will likely be unpopular here. But I don't see an extremely happy little girl in that video. I see a little girl who is used to getting presents, but actually seems a bit nervous and doesn't know how she should act. I see a beautiful, precious, innocent little darling who should have been cherished. If my little guys had seen balloons and presents, they would have been running in to the room and jumping for joy.

Rest gently little Bella. You are safe in His arms now. No one will ever try to hurt you again. You are cherished and loved.

Don't people drive there to party? That was my impression. She had probably partied there at some point in her miserable life. Probably shot up after she placed Bella where she did. Just for good measure... :puke:

We all need to spend some time being advocates for real change. I'd like to see way more money spent on social services- on day-to-day assistance for at risk families, constant oversight of parents who lost their kids before, but by highly paid and highly trained professionals who are there to help and protect the child and who aren't overburdened by too many cases. I'd much rather have my tax dollars spent on that than certain other things.

And I think we need to streamline the process for terminating parental rights. No more languishing in foster care for years while the parents decide whether they can get their you know what together. Kid taken into the system? You have one year to fix things. One year to finish everything asked of you and to stay clean, etc. Or the kids are gone forever.

Usually I'm not one to jump to the worst case scenario. But wow. Child found dead. Police say that the mother's "boyfriend" did "something" to her abdomen to obstruct her breathing. Neighbors report various men coming in and out of the house, fighting and the child crying all the time.

Well, we will know more Monday. But perhaps I don't want to. It was quite hard watching the video of her. Poor darling.

This woman should have thought about her sweet baby angel first. Her baby was young enough to be put up for adoption to a wonderful loving family who would have given her a good life, loved and protected this little chubby faced angel. No, selfish mommy needed a fix and a male organ more. Chose BF over her Bella. I can't imagine how many times this little girl watched mom and BF shoot-up. SELFISH!!!

We require a license to drive, fish, shoot, hunt, job profession, run a business why in the hell no license to have a child?

Why would they leave it pretty much out in the open, though? It was not at all buried according to what I have read.

If you go back to earlier threads, there are pictures posted by Webbedweaved that show the water is actually quite high in that area at HIGH tide. Apparently she placed the bag there (if it was placed and not dumped by boat) thinking the tide would sweep the baby out to sea and no one would be the wiser. BIG OOPS! The tide brought her to shore where she rested for 2 to 4 days while her fingerprints were washed away until the woman walking her dog discovered Bella's body.

Maybe the BF had a job on one of the boat tours that passes Deer Island and RB thought it would make the perfect burial spot for Bella (snark intended)...

Don't people drive there to party? That was my impression. She had probably partied there at some point in her miserable life. Probably shot up afterward she placed Bella where she did. Just for good measure... :puke:

Yeah a drug addict who spends her life in the city probably thinks of Deer Island as remote and rural. And sure people bike and walk dogs there, but if you had only been out there at three in the morning, you probably don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876