MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that stuff about bath salts is hysteria. Pretty much none of the crazy things attributed to bath salts during the hysteria turned out to actually involved the drug. Hardcore drug users use meth, heroin, etc. Bath salts aren't that popular really.

In any event, I get the sense he suffocated the baby by laying on top of her, likely assaulting her in some way. That can happen with tiny children being assaulted by much heavier adults. (The mention of a lack of obvious trauma makes me think that). Mentally ill, out of his mind on drugs, just evil, or a combination of all three- with the way Bella's egg donor lived her life, from the little I've seen, something like this was just a matter of time in Bella's doomed little life.

Oh. Interesting about the bath salts. I thought all those stories were true.

I thought heroin just made people feel "good". Like they just sit there chilling out. We know he was using heroin.

I wonder what he took that made him paranoid and hallucinate that there were demons in her? Acid? This is Assuming the story of demons is true.....

I can see where it could be if he was on some crazy drug. I'm wondering so I can tell my teens that this man was on this drug when he punched a 2 year old to death in the belly because there were demons inside of her. Now he will live his miserable life in jail as a baby killer. You see kids, drugs are bad! Yes, I use fear as a tactic sometimes 😏

Here is the problem, or part of it. Courts dont like to take children away from their family. IF a child is placed in foster care it is often not a great situation. If I told you i knew of cases during my nursing career where people were taking in kids and spending the minimum on them even though they were subsidized and he kids were cold, hungry and neglected.. would you believe me? These "families" made a living off their foster kids.. About 40 years ago or so, the "message" went out. "The worse home is better than the best institution". The argument was that children raised in orphanages didnt know what toast popping out of a toaster sounded like.. hla bla. So, what do we have.. many many miserable foster care situations, many more kids who are in marginal situations, being left with their disgusting parents, and not enough social workers and state case workers to do an adequate job. MOO

Just my opinion on all of this

But in the old days of orphanages there was a lot of horrific abuse and neglect and emotional starvation going on and the children suffered in them as well.

I'm not sure of the exact number but statistics prove the paramour of the mother is most often the perpetrator of abuse toward children. There is a sociological theory that goes back to cave man days of the male not wanting to provide for another male's offspring. (sadly some foster parents are like this as well) Point here is where was bio-dad as he certainly knew of the Mother's history? Where were paternal family members? It appears RB was estranged from her own mother - what about maternal aunt?

It takes a village . .

It has something to do actually with killing the mother's offspring so they can impregnate the mother and have enough resources for their own offspring. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-some-mammals-kill-babies-own-kind-180953318/

Don't people drive there to party? That was my impression. She had probably partied there at some point in her miserable life. Probably shot up after she placed Bella where she did. Just for good measure... :puke:

I can't imagine someone driving from Mattapan to Winthrop to party. My nieces and nephews who live there say it is local kids who party there, how would a forty year old woman fit in?

I don't think it is wild at all; that is reasonable speculation. MM is in the hospital just a couple of weeks after bio dad is back in town. RB then goes to bio dad who naturally asks about Bella and then it all comes out.

Do you think it all possible that MM threatened RB if she went to cops and that she was afraid of him after she witnessed him murder Bella, maybe that he would kill her too? So first chance she got to be alone since MM in hospital she tells bio dad? I know neighbors haven't seen her for months when they used to see her regularly. This is a crazy story. More will surface soon.

Do you think it all possible that MM threatened RB if she went to cops and that she was afraid of him after she witnessed him murder Bella, maybe that he would kill her too? So first chance she got to be alone since MM in hospital she tells bio dad? I know neighbors haven't seen her for months when they used to see her regularly. This is a crazy story. More will surface soon.

Neighbors haven't seen Bella in months (not the mother). Bella obviously was dead, so neighbors haven't seen her. Mother was around as usual.

You have made some very astute observations about the video. You are able to identify exactly what your child would and would not appreciate due to his age/developmental stage - RB wasn't viewing the world through her child's eyes. You would not yell at your child and demand appreciation for what "mommy accomplished".

The constant Bella look here, Bella Mommy is wonderful, Bella do this, think that, praise mommy, do it . . . . made my heart race. This child just wakes from a nap and RB is pulling the toddler into this heightened awareness and frantic state. When Bella doesn't respond immediately and exactly how RB wanted it - then she amps up the emotion even more.

Ugh . . . . breathe.

Who's party was that anyway?

MOO

Spraying her with silly string right when she woke up is waft really irked me. Poor thing. That was mean

I could see parents or brothers spraying their 12 year old when they woke up ok their bday, but not a baby 😡

Neighbors haven't seen Bella in months (not the mother). Bella obviously was dead, so neighbors haven't seen her. Mother was around as usual.

Thanks, your right. I believe she would have told cops if he was threatening her. This is just so hard to believe a mom would protect her baby's killer. Of course just like Julie Schenecker case they will use insanity defense for RB. An attorney for her has probably already jumped in.

Oh. Interesting about the bath salts. I thought all those stories were true.

I thought heroin just made people feel "good". Like they just sit there chilling out. We know he was using heroin.

I wonder what he took that made him paranoid and hallucinate that there were demons in her? Acid? This is Assuming the story of demons is true.....

I can see where it could be if he was on some crazy drug. I'm wondering so I can tell my teens that this man was on this drug when he punched a 2 year old to death in the belly because there were demons inside of her. Now he will live his miserable life in jail as a baby killer. You see kids, drugs are bad! Yes, I use fear as a tactic sometimes ��

Bath salts in my community are a huge issue. There was an article in the paper interviewing ER doctors and how the users do the craziest things.

My understanding of heroin is that it is a downer and people go to sleep.

Heroin is a huge problem in my community as well.

They call it parenting out of guilt. People do it for a variety of reasons, when they're guilty of lacking in some area for their child (lacking time is a big one). Bella's mom was definitely lacking and trying to make up for it. Chances are, she (Bella) might have been removed from her mother, as a baby too.

Quite honestly, I have seen addicted mothers do what's right and I have seen some only do what they think they're SUPPOSED to do, without really changing or wanting to ever change.

Mothers who drop-out of drug and alcohol classes, miss visits with their children, while they're in foster care, and even one who snuck her new druggie boyfriend into their visits. A mom whose ex broke her infant son's leg and she kept sneaking around with the dude, against CPS orders, until she finally ran out of time and chances and lost her son for good.

Some want it and some just don't.

Most of the ones who don't are the same ones who jump from dude to dude; place to place. They see themselves as victims, always. They're not only addicted to the drug, but the scummy lifestyle that comes with it.

But, for the ones who do want to change, the programs and assistance offered is invaluable and a blessing and they realize that, when it's all over.

But it's not a perfect system. There are things that desperately need to be changed. CPS have a reputation for destroying families and ripping kids from their parents.

And parents seem to do worse, once their children are removed. There needs to be more focus on seeing, assessing, and fixing issues before they become severe and cause for removal.

CPS needs to be seen as something that can HELP a family, instead of HURT it. Maybe if that was the case, people would be more likely to call, before things get dangerously bad.

Hmm....that's interesting. The article says RB's mom had custody of Bella for awhile. I thought the RB's mom said she hasn't seen RB in 14 years and didn't know Bella existed.????

Probably a mistake in reporting she lived there....fancy that!! LOL. I think it was just two of her kids total that lived with her mom for a time.

If had never met his daughter then she only existed to him in an abstract way and he thus had no emotional connection to her.

True. But oh so sad.

I want to believe that RB did love Bella at one point. Yes, people lie on FB but it's not ALL lies. I can't and won't allow myself to believe that precious child had no love her entire life. I think that between her drug induced crazy times, she felt some love. I HAVE to think that, you know?

Probably a mistake in reporting she lived there....fancy that!! LOL. I think it was just two of her kids total that lived with her mom for a time.

Right. Rachelle's first 2 children lived with the grandmother. But the grandmother said on television that she has not spoken to Rochelle in 14 years and didn't even know Bella existed.

Spraying her with silly string right when she woke up is waft really irked me. Poor thing. That was mean

I could see parents or brothers spraying their 12 year old when they woke up ok their bday, but not a baby 

Yes, that really bothered me as well. This is my first ever post on the forum and I had been thinking about posting "did anyone get irked by the silly string?" They shocked her into her second bday party. And, all the rest that everyone has said about that video, as well. Very strange and very much for show. Just shocking and really immature, at best, on RB's part. All IMO.

So Rachelle is pronounced "ruh- shell" right? It's not "Ray- chul" like Rachel on friends, right? Just curious. (I've only read news about her not watched)

Right. Rachelle's first 2 children lived with the grandmother. But the grandmother said on television that she has not spoken to Rochelle in 14 years and didn't even know Bella existed.

That's what I thought too. Perhaps the reporter didn't fact check this:

"Neighbors of Ms. Bond, 65, say she took custody of Rachelle Bond’s oldest child, now about 16, when he was a baby. She later took custody of the two other children, a now-12-year-old sister and Bella, neighbors said."
http://www.telegram.com/article/20150918/NEWS/150919148

BBM

Hmm....that's interesting. The article says RB's mom had custody of Bella for awhile. I thought the RB's mom said she hasn't seen RB in 14 years and didn't know Bella existed.????

Also, RB's mom has custody of her son who is 16. That means that RB's mom must have known about facebook and RB had a public facebook account with pictures of Bella. She must have known about Bella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee