MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
""Amoroso said he was sickened by what he’d learned and that he and Bond talked about whether they should go to the police or FBI. They never did. He said Bond sent a text alerting someone else that Bella was dead and that person notified police. However, that assertion could not be confirmed.""

Why was he waiting????

Maybe he was hoping someone would set up a go fund me page? You can bet that will come next. JMO

""Amoroso said he was sickened by what he’d learned and that he and Bond talked about whether they should go to the police or FBI. They never did. He said Bond sent a text alerting someone else that Bella was dead and that person notified police. However, that assertion could not be confirmed.""

Why was he waiting????

Well if this was the case I take back feeling sorry for him. I just read what was quoted here, not this part. If he didn't go to the police right away he needs to be charged with something too, as does anyone who KNEW this was her. Once he KNEW, he should have said something. You can't fault someone who just had a feeling or passing thought and didn't report it, but being told by the perpetrator/accomplice or parent and not passing that on is unforgivable. I'm sure he was stunned, but that's no excuse.

Maybe he was hoping someone would set up a go fund me page? You can bet that will come next. JMO

Sadly, would not surprise me in the least. If he does I hope people read and are not hoodwinked. Aside from that, there have already been like 10 offers to cover funeral/burial of the girl, so he won't need any money for that anyway..

Joseph Amoroso arrived in Boston several weeks back on what he said was a mission to meet his 2 ½-year-old daughter for the first time.

He visited Bella Bond’s home on Maxwell Street in Dorchester twice, he said, only to be told by the girl’s mother, Rachelle Bond, that the girl was on Cape Cod. Her darting eyes told a different story. By the end of last week, after they had spent about 24 hours together, he said she told him the awful truth.

“Our daughter is dead,” Amoroso claimed Bond confessed to him. “The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

~snipped

Full article at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

I see, both RB and bio dad had spent their entire lives being arrested so they could not bring themselves to call the cops. What losers.

If biodad did convince RB to tell someone, that's good. But I'm so sick of dads leaving their children with "mothers" who they know are troubled/addicts/otherwise incapable of caring for a child.

I remember Jeremiah Oliver's dad acting so upset about DCF letting that happen to his son.

This.

SLIGHTLY off-topic, but we are currently pregnant after over a year and a half of trying with two miscarriages. We have a 2.5 year old and would LOVE another child. I had two brothers very close to me in age and loved it. We will probably look into adoption if this pregnancy does not make it, which is a possibility.

I would love another toddler. Two sweet little girls just a few months apart? You wouldn't have to ask me twice. If someone had offered me this baby girl a few months ago I would have taken her, no questions asked. I still would.

Sadly the adoption process in America is complicated and way too expensive. And like you said, we need a new system for these sweet kids. Their parents need ONE chance, and it needs to be easier to adopt a child. SO MANY more would be adopted. It hurts me to think about how flawed the entire system really is.

Joseph Amoroso arrived in Boston several weeks back on what he said was a mission to meet his 2 ½-year-old daughter for the first time.

He visited Bella Bond’s home on Maxwell Street in Dorchester twice, he said, only to be told by the girl’s mother, Rachelle Bond, that the girl was on Cape Cod. Her darting eyes told a different story. By the end of last week, after they had spent about 24 hours together, he said she told him the awful truth.

“Our daughter is dead,” Amoroso claimed Bond confessed to him. “The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

~snipped

Full article at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

You can put me in time out if you want, but this guy is no dad! I seriously got sick to my stomach reading that they didn't bother to call LE about Bella and he had never met her. Are there no charges for dead beat dads???

Holy crap. Everyone failed this child!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You can put me in time out if you want, but this guy is no dad! I seriously got sick to my stomach reading that they didn't bother to call LE about Bella and he had never met her. Are there no charges for dead beat dads???

I'm sure technically there are but sadly not many guys get in trouble for it. If they do anything to this guy after they positively establish paternity is that they'll probably go after him to recoup some of the money that was paid out by human services in welfare for Bella. That's what they do here. I have a friend who didn't get any child support, dad kept changing jobs, working for cash, etc... she'd turn him in and on the few occasions where they did garnish some money from him it went straight to the county to repay food support and other benefits she had received for her kids. Also, he owed her something like $60k in back support and was able to go to court and claim he couldn't afford it, and it was wiped down to like $6k. It was all BS. So at least here, a guy isn't risking much being a dead beat.

I think some places will suspend your driver's license for not paying court ordered CS, but not sure if they still do that.

Well if this was the case I take back feeling sorry for him. I just read what was quoted here, not this part. If he didn't go to the police right away he needs to be charged with something too, as does anyone who KNEW this was her. Once he KNEW, he should have said something. You can't fault someone who just had a feeling or passing thought and didn't report it, but being told by the perpetrator/accomplice or parent and not passing that on is unforgivable. I'm sure he was stunned, but that's no excuse.

I'm taking a guess that the leak of information about Bella's death is from bio-dad. The DA at the press conference was very careful about what information he provided, and he was very clear to the press that he couldn't share everything, but more would be revealed at the arraignment on Monday. He said that at least twice.

Almost immediately after the presser, reports appeared with info about MM punching the girl because he thought she was possessed and about the freezer/refrigerator.

Speculation. JMO with what is known now.

I've read through this entire thread, paying attention to the various comments about drugs and addiction.

There is no doubt that both the mother and the boyfriend had serious long-term problems with drug addiction.

That being said, drug addiction is not an excuse for having a lack of a moral compass. Look around you and you know that the heroin epidemic is real and is no longer just a problem of low income urban areas. Many middle class people have become addicted, yet they do not resort to crime to support their habit; while the habit itself may be a crime, they still have a strong enough sense of right and wrong not to steal or kill to support their habit.

There is no excuse for the death of this child and then covering it up after the fact. Being a drug addict is not an excuse for not knowing right or wrong. Even if this happened while under the effects of a drug induced psychosis, there is all the time since the death of Bella for the mother or the boyfriend to come forward and do the right thing.

Drugs are not an excuse. Both the mother and the boyfriend are depraved.

Holy crap. Everyone failed this child!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yup. Every single solitary adult who could have helped this child didn't. The only hope for Bella was that once she made it to school, that school staff would look out for her.

I am just so completely disgusted with the entire family on both the mother's and father's side.

"Amoroso claims that Bond told him that McCarthy had held her against her will and injected heroin straight into her jugular to keep her docile.

McCarthy is currently hospitalized for abscesses in his arms due to heroin use, according to an official with knowledge of the investigation, and Amoroso claimed that Bond told him she was only able to escape after his hospitalization."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

I'm taking a guess that the leak of information about Bella's death is from bio-dad. The DA at the press conference was very careful about what information he provided, and he was very clear to the press that he couldn't share everything, but more would be revealed at the arraignment on Monday. He said that at least twice.

Almost immediately after the presser, reports appeared with info about MM punching the girl because he thought she was possessed and about the freezer/refrigerator.

Speculation. JMO with what is known now.

I agree. Dad or people he has told. He seems to be very talkative, I'm sure the people close to him know everything

re: post 450

I agree with you, but I just want to say that I don't think that anyone here has implied that drug use is any excuse or makes either party any less responsible for the actions they did. I fully blame the perpetrators of this crime for what they did, and imo there is NO excuse.

Even when I said it would more likely be because he was doing uppers w/heroin or was agitated from going into withdrawals from not having it, I did not mean that either of those things excused what he did. They would just be aggravating circumstances. I don't think they excuse what he did, or caused it, maybe just help explain it. If that makes sense.

"Amoroso claims that Bond told him that McCarthy had held her against her will and injected heroin straight into her jugular to keep her docile.

McCarthy is currently hospitalized for abscesses in his arms due to heroin use, according to an official with knowledge of the investigation, and Amoroso claimed that Bond told him she was only able to escape after his hospitalization."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter
She was able to tell people that Bella was in DCF custody....she couldn't of told those people to get her help?? She couldn't escape while MM was all doped up on heroin?? Puhlease.

This whole thing keeps getting stranger and stranger. That poor child.

I fear that the arraignment is going to be uglier than most of us can imagine.

RIP Baby Bella. May the angels give you the love and care you never got here on earth.

Well, on second thought, there might be an inside leak as well, bbm:

"Officials with knowledge of the investigation have said her body was likely refrigerated before it was disposed of."

IDK.

I really do want to vomit. On a news clip i posted earlier the bio dad had his arm around his mother.. the "grandmother" said well i thought it looked like Bella but i really didnt know. So, let me get this straight. BIO dad never saw Bella in person but his MOTHER knew what the baby looked like? How? Facebook? i mean i dont understand this.. These wack job, drug addicted, abusive, welfare recipients use their money for drugs but manage to have camera phones that can videotape birthday parties and FB accounts so they can interact with bio grandmas when the bio dad never saw the child? JMO Why are we giving people enough money to pay for computers, cell phones, drugs, cigarettes, apartments, and a freezer large enough to hold a small child? The world has gone mad. imo We dont have enough money to spend on case workers but we have enough money to throw at these "extras" in life? MOO

Just my opinion on all of this

I really do want to vomit. On a news clip i posted earlier the bio dad had his arm around his mother.. the "grandmother" said well i thought it looked like Bella but i really didnt know. So, let me get this straight. BIO dad never saw Bella in person but his MOTHER knew what the baby looked like? How? Facebook? i mean i dont understand this.. These wack job, drug addicted, abusive, welfare recipients use their money for drugs but manage to have camera phones that can videotape birthday parties and FB accounts so they can interact with bio grandmas when the bio dad never saw the child? JMO Why are we giving people enough money to pay for computers, cell phones, drugs, cigarettes, apartments, and a freezer large enough to hold a small child? The world has gone mad. imo We dont have enough money to spend on case workers but we have enough money to throw at these "extras" in life? MOO

Just my opinion on all of this

The thing I do not understand is that all these were too stupid to understand the point of the computer-generated image. It was not meant to be an exact likeness of the girl! These total morons could not wrap their heads around this. The point was to get people to thinking if they knew of a brown-eyed, brunette child of around that age who they had not seen.

I swear no adult in this poor child's life could process even the most basic of concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3