GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike the term "injustice collector". It's just a variant of Narcissism. Same crayon, different wrapper if you ask me.
You posted, "However, injustice collectors are driven by revenge and are often driven by envy and resentment, which is not the case with Carter

I did get the feeling that MC was VERY angry at Conrad. I feel she was, in fact, envious and resentful of him. There was another girl he was dating, and she was lied to about his whereabouts, when he was at that girls house. I feel it's entirely possible she discovered that lie, and then changed her "support" of Conrad "getting help", to Conrad getting "dead".

Conrad had close friends, some since boyhood, and a family he clearly loved. I have no problem believing that MC wanted to step right into Conrad's place. And I do believe that was her primary motive. JMO

I agree that injustice collectors is a form of narcissism like Munchausen is. They walk on egg shells like narcissists. I do not like calling Munchausen Munchausen syndrome, but that is another topic on its own. Antisocial, narcissistic, borderline, and histrionic are different forms of narcissism.

Looking at the injustice collector characteristics, it is a mix of borderline, narcissism, histrionic, antisocial, and paranoid.

I never thought that Michelle Carter was envious and resentful of Conrad Roy. I never read of that, but that does not surprise me one bit. She was not grief stricken that Roy died.

In this piece, written by a college student, The author waxes poetically about Carter being misunderstood, her noble deed, and good intentions missed by the masses due to a "mistake" in her approach. I fear she's not alone in her line of thinking...
https://studybreaks.com/2017/06/30/michelle-carter/
s/bbm

“I was on the phone with him and he got out of the car because it was working and he got scared and I (expletive) told him to get back in Sam because I knew he would do it all over again the next day and I couldn’t have him live the way he was living anymore I couldn’t do it I wouldn’t let him,” Carter wrote."

"The text in which Carter claims to have told Roy to get back into the car has been called “one of the most damning messages” in the case. I find it the most heartbreaking, but for very different reasons.

"Carter is not the monster the media has made her out to be. She regrets her words, and she regrets Roy’s death. While Carter may have made a mistake in her approach, she ultimately did Roy the rare honor of respecting his suffering, as well as his right to escape it."

I might agree with this 'in theory ' if Conrad was suffering from a non treatable terminal illness. Depression and mental illness are not incurable. They are not terminal. Michelle did not respect his rights, her ignorance and god complex led her to wrongly assume his misery had no end, but as someone who has recovered from addiction as well as MDD, I can attest to compliance with proper treament allowing a happy fulfilling life.

As a Christian, I believe some suffering is a part of life and it is up to each of us as individuals to determine how that suffering is part of the bigger picture. I don't regret my previous angst, depression, misfortunes....as it helped me to become the happy person I have become today.

I agree that injustice collectors is a form of narcissism like Munchausen is. They walk on egg shells like narcissists. I do not like calling Munchausen Munchausen syndrome, but that is another topic on its own. Antisocial, narcissistic, borderline, and histrionic are different forms of narcissism.

Looking at the injustice collector characteristics, it is a mix of borderline, narcissism, histrionic, antisocial, and paranoid.

I never thought that Michelle Carter was envious and resentful of Conrad Roy. I never read of that, but that does not surprise me one bit. She was not grief stricken that Roy died.

Posted this a while back.

She's innocent! Family of honor student accused of encouraging boyfriend to commit suicide over text say she was trying to help him ...as friends claim she was 'looking for attention' after he died
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elp-friends-claim-looking-attention-died.html

But classmates interviewed by police after the tragedy described her as someone who craves attention and is known as the girl who 'cries wolf'.

Carter also claimed the pair had been dating 'on and off' for two years, but Roy's best friends claim they had never heard of her.

According to court documents seen by the Herald, one friend added: 'She was a very nice, outgoing person but she requires a lot of attention and reassurance.

Another said Carter has a history of being the 'girl that cried wolf,' and sometimes (it) was hard to tell if she was being totally truthful.'

Michelle Carter is a perpetual victim. She always sees herself as a victim no matter what.

Lori Drew's Daughter 'Devastated' by Friend's Suicide but Doesn't Feel Responsible
https://www.wired.com/2008/11/defendants-daug/

After other users had gained access to the Josh Evans profile, Meier became aware that she'd been tricked into believing "Josh" was a real boy. Lutz also said that Drew expressed guilt about her role in Meier's death.

Lutz said Drew's demeanor in relaying the tale to him was "creepy" and said she was "emotionless, very cold, very matter of fact" and was insistent on him hearing her story "almost as if she wanted approval."

Looking at Michelle Carter, she is very similar to Lori Drew, Jodi Arias, and Betty Broderick.

Carter and Drew need reassurance and approval. They need to be liked. Not as much with Arias and Broderick. They see themselves as victims. All of them have history of being chronic complainers.

Carter is not vicarious like Drew. Arias, and Broderick are not vicarious at all.

Looking at their demeanor, they are very cold.

62ca0984d7eb3c601c7880eb792013bd

lori_drew_500px.jpg

635604736978374107-Jodi-Arias-022515.jpg

1372916945.jpg

As tomorrow marks three years since Conrads death my thoughts are about him and his family.
Hoping with everything I have that some justice will prevail as August 3rd approaches.

Sentencing coming up August 3rd. Just a few more days!

I'm surprised we haven't seen non stop pics of her every movement

I'm surprised we haven't seen non stop pics of her every movement

I know. There has been nothing that I have seen and with her sentencing coming up I have looked a few times.
Thursday will be here soon.

Woman Guilty of Coercing Boyfriend to Kill Himself by Text Could Get Light Sentence

A Massachusetts woman convicted of involuntary manslaughter after she coerced her boyfriend to take his own life via text message will learn her fate on Thursday.

Experts say a host of mitigating factors could result in 20-year-old Michelle Carter being sentenced to little to no prison time for her role in the July 2014 suicide of 18-year-old Conrad Roy III.

The defense has not publicly stated whether or not Carter will appeal the decision, but Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge, said Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz could potentially avoid the appeal entirely with a lenient sentence.

“Whether she appeals will depend on what she gets. She could get probation to 20 years. Manslaughter across the country is a unique kind of crime. … My idea would be if she doesn’t get any time, she wouldn’t appeal,” Gertner said.

Woman Guilty of Coercing Boyfriend to Kill Himself by Text Could Get Light Sentence

Erica Hill said they would have coverage on her show tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern Time, on HLN

Erica Hill said they would have coverage on her show tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern Time, on HLN

Thanks and I hope I will be able to see it. I was thinking more or less it would be in the morning but 2pm it will have to be.
Wishing for the max but not counting on it.

WTH, Michelle will be a better person because of Conrad's death?????

I honesly do not understand how probation will make her a better person. Aiding in the death of Conrad for her own attention seeking needs does not make her a loving person. At all in my eyes.
When I start reading such things it gets me so mad. He would be alive today if MC and I truely believe that.

Is it being live streamed anywhere do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member