GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean a request to go to New Orleans for her birthday when you say "no"? Otherwise I'm confused because I don't know what they requested. :)

Ha ha sorry typo..it was actually NH New Hampshire. The family requested right after the sentencing to take her out of state to celebrate her 21st bday with her.

Wowie-Zowie!!! Let's celebrate! She will probably have many more birthdays. How many more will Conrad celebrate with his family who loved him so much?

Makes me gag.

Ha ha sorry typo..it was actually NH New Hampshire. The family requested right after the sentencing to take her out of state to celebrate her 21st bday with her.

That is so wrong on so many levels. She should be awaiting her demise in jail and I can bet that is why the Commisioner of Probation is questioning this.
I saw it in the paper but was unable to link but that was my first thought. She should not be out after being found guilty.
I am really bothered by her parents rquest to take her out of state to CELEBRATE.
To me that only confirms their belief that she did nothing wrong but only made a mistake which is being transferred to her. Wrong.

Another help assisted suicide or possible murder in Utah, May 6, 2017. Reported in Salt Lake Tribune, Daily Mail and other papers, recently reported. On iPad so cannot link.

Tyerell Przybycien helped Jchandra Brown hang herself. He brought the rope and video taped the hanging. He is charged with murder but defense is fighting it.

This is infuriating. This judge had the power to create legal precedent and now kids realize there's no penalty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is infuriating. This judge had the power to create legal precedent and now kids realize there's no penalty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The judge seems to be using a Scared Straight strategy. Find her guilty, give her a firm talking to, so she thinks she is actually going to jail, then hand down a wimpy watered down sentence, that she will probably never even serve. Fortunately this judge is retiring. Not that the next one will probably be any better.

This mornings SunChronicle has an article stating that on Wednesday a notice of intent to appeal was filed.

Michelle Carter 'neither admits nor denies' claims in wrongful death suit filed by mother of Conrad Roy III

For each of the 10 factual claims in the wrongful death suit against Michelle Carter, her attorneys gave the same non-answer.

"The defendant neither admits nor denies these allegations in this form," attorneys Francis Lynch III and Andrew Lynch wrote last week in their response to the suit, which seeks $4.2 million from Carter for her role in the suicide of Mattapoisett 18-year-old Conrad Roy III.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/michelle_carter_neither_admits.html

Thank You for the update. I am glad that Conrad's parents were able to get that suit in before the expiration which was one week away. Eventually we will see where this all ends up.

Where would Carter get $4.2 million if the parents’ suit is successful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because she was 17, and could be considered a minor, living with her parents, the law suit might go against the parents? She could also make payments for the rest of her life....never would be able to pay the settlement in full, but she would not have a good life if half her paycheck went to the settlement. JMO and what I am thinking

Because she was 17, and could be considered a minor, living with her parents, the law suit might go against the parents? She could also make payments for the rest of her life....never would be able to pay the settlement in full, but she would not have a good life if half her paycheck went to the settlement. JMO and what I am thinking

What really bothers me is she was only a few weeks away from her 18th birthday.
She should have been tried as an adult as far as I am concerned.
And isn;t she lucky that she will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family? The girl should be serving a sentence.
Sorry all but this case bothers me so much because she knew what she was doing.

In cases like this, it is not usually about the actual payment. It is rather about the verdict and being held accountable. I agree that the parents my be held responsible for some of the payment; as well as being held financially responsible for the rest of her life. Along with this, it will stop her from gaining anything financial in a book or movie deal, or interviews. I like civil cases when the justice system does not give a harsh sentence to a convicted criminal. JMHO of course.

What really bothers me is she was only a few weeks away from her 18th birthday.
She should have been tried as an adult as far as I am concerned.
And isn;t she lucky that she will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family? The girl should be serving a sentence.
Sorry all but this case bothers me so much because she knew what she was doing.

You are so right about the case bothering you and me. I don't feel like Conrad got any Justice from what Michelle knowingly did to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNkelly