MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg listening to opening statements and I wan to punch her in the gut so bad.

The prosecutor referred to a message sent by Michelle Carter to Conrad's sister. In it, Michelle Carter asked if she could have some of Conrad's ashes.

Conrad's sister testified that she read this.

obviously this was awful what she did. But the important question is 'is this a crime' not should it be a crime, but 'is this a crime?'

I'm also interested in what motivated her- is this a weird sort of Munchhausen by Proxy, because as the girlfriend of someone who committed suicide she got lots of sympathy and was able to get attention through her work for the suicide charity. It must really hurt now that people don't think so well of her.

obviously this was awful what she did. But the important question is 'is this a crime' not should it be a crime, but 'is this a crime?'

I'm also interested in what motivated her- is this a weird sort of Munchhausen by Proxy, because as the girlfriend of someone who committed suicide she got lots of sympathy and was able to get attention through her work for the suicide charity. It must really hurt now that people don't think so well of her.

Therein lies the prosecution's challenge. Proving this was a crime. And I think they will.

I don't think this is MBP. I think she is just a witch with ZERO regard for anyone else's life. She abused a mentally ill boy who needed a FRIEND.

Yes!!! This Judge would not immediately take Conrad's notebooks from the Defense as evidence until the Defense proves there is a nexus between them and this trial.

First the Prosecutor stood up and said that there are no dates in the notebooks which contain what appear to be suicide notes. These notes could have been written two years before. The Judge took a moment or two to consider this.

The Defense was trying to prove that these notes were written right before Conrad's death.

Defense of course was looking for state of mind.

Judge told Defense to go through the 3 notebooks and see if they can find reference to 2014 or to Michelle within them, anything to show these notes were written close to the time of Conrad's passing. Defense has until tomorrow to present and try to argue this.

I agree with everything you said. Especially the Munchhausen thought. That occurred to me as well. Every photo of her that I see, her affect seems just flat.

I think her lawyer was right to get her to give up the right to trial by jury, because juries are notorious for voting according to their convictions, instead of on points of law. I think it is very tenuous whether legally she can be proved to be guilty. A judge will only consider legal responsibility.

The prosecution team is so well prepared. I am very impressed.

This Judge seems sharp as a tack. Perhaps the Defense is already regretting waiving the trial by jury.

Quite a few legal precedents have been made from Bench Trials. Hopefully this one will.

which legal precedents look promising anyone?
Because without hearing the precedents it seems to me like she is going to get off.

Defense brought up messages from Michelle Carter to his best friend apparently concerned with Conrad's health. These were in 2013.

Prosecutor brought up the fact with the best friend that the month and days leading up to Conrad's death, Michelle Carter did not send one message mentioning the fact that she was aware of suicide plans. Not one message to him! She was fully aware that the best friend would immediately help Conrad. But not one message from her about this leading up to Conrad's passing.

Defense tried to overrule prosecutor asking the best friend ,who is testifying,that Michelle Carter may have sent texts in 2013 knowing that this best friend would do whatever he could to help Conrad. But no message in the months and days before Conrad's death.

However,
as the prosecutor said, the year and months leading up to Conrad's text, there was no message of concern for Conrad's mental health from Michelle Carter who was fully aware that suicide plans were in the making. Michelle Carter was also fully aware that this best friend would immediately rush to Conrad's aid and help him.

The Judge allowed the evidence and questioning to continue.

Defense not very pleased with this.

I can definitely see a legal precedent set from this trial.

Yes!!! This Judge would not immediately take Conrad's notebooks from the Defense as evidence until the Defense proves there is a nexus between them and this trial.

First the Prosecutor stood up and said that there are no dates in the notebooks which contain what appear to be suicide notes. These notes could have been written two years before. The Judge took a moment or two to consider this.

The Defense was trying to prove that these notes were written right before Conrad's death.

Defense of course was looking for state of mind.

Judge told Defense to go through the 3 notebooks and see if they can find reference to 2014 or to Michelle within them, anything to show these notes were written close to the time of Conrad's passing. Defense has until tomorrow to present and try to argue this.

I am so glad the judge decided to have the defense go back through the notebooks to show a correlation between the suicide and Michelle. He will be lucky if he can find a date. imo

After Jewett was found hanging from his cell the morning of Nov. 8, 1815, authorities filed two charges of murder. One charged Jewett with the crime of murdering himself. The other charged Bowen as a participant through “murder by counseling.’’

Cataldo, though, called the Bowen case “irrelevant.’’ Bowen was charged with murder, not manslaughter, in an era where suicide was a crime and the judge was more concerned with depriving the community of the public execution.

I am so glad the judge decided to have the defense go back through the notebooks to show a correlation between the suicide and Michelle. He will be lucky if he can find a date. imo

The Judge is intensely listening and looking at all of the details in this case. I am very impressed with this

I only watched the opening statements. Michelle's behavior is cruel and abusive, but I don't know that Massachusetts has an offense that really fits her actions. Wouldn't be surprised if she's acquitted. Wouldn't be too surprised if she's convicted either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've just watched all of LadyJustice2188 videos (thank you). I have to say that she reminds me of JA a bit. Texting the family while they are grieving, wanting some of his ashes, planning the event afterwards, and asking and asking and asking for the suicide note he left for her...just boggles the mind. I'm not saying she is a murderer, but I wonder if this could have been a warm up, or something that could incite those thoughts. She was so happy afterwards, and clearly savored the event, wanting mementos and sticking close to the family to soak up all of that grief. She is scary if you ask me.

I've just watched all of LadyJustice2188 videos (thank you). I have to say that she reminds me of JA a bit. Texting the family while they are grieving, wanting some of his ashes, planning the event afterwards, and asking and asking and asking for the suicide note he left for her...just boggles the mind. I'm not saying she is a murderer, but I wonder if this could have been a warm up, or something that could incite those thoughts. She was so happy afterwards, and clearly savored the event, wanting mementos and sticking close to the family to soak up all of that grief. She is scary if you ask me.

Bingo. She is a psychopath.

I feel that she was very aware of what she was doing and did.
Why we will never know. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with her, kids just seem to be killing each other every day for any reason. Bull with the anti-depressant theory.
When I saw her court pictures yes she was crying and not making those cocky faces like in the beginning. Crying because she has been told that she could go to jail for 20 years. Only reason.
I was reading some of the text today and they broke my heart. I have a very hard time reading them as I want to choke her and in my mind I can see Conrad crying and struggling with a decision.
He needed help, not some little bimbo telling him to do it. She is way old enough to know that she was telling him to kill himself.
But thankfully she was found out and now we all shall see what happens.
I agree Renee, she is scary.

which legal precedents look promising anyone?
Because without hearing the precedents it seems to me like she is going to get off.

Many are thinking that she will. I hope that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon