MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
City Councilor At-Large, Source of Early Info. Factual?
"It was obviously sickening to hear from those that were there at the scene describing what they saw, and the actions of the adults that were in the room," Flaherty said. "They were concerned. They had reached out to me just to make sure that it didn't get swept under the rug."6
BBM part= Interesting they were worried it would get swept under the rug.
@katydid23 Yes, speaking gen'ly, not to this specific circumstance, a muni. FD & PD & other officials w conflicting reports may try to sweep something under the rug. Maybe applicable here, IDK. Also I'm posting w'out knowledge of facts at scene, as all of us are.

Q's.
1. Did a tenant in the building --- who disapproved of some of the partiers' "lifestyle choices" --- phone city councilor, perhaps exaggerating some aspects of conditions or events? IDK.

2. Did city councilor convey this info or his concerns to either FD, LE, et al? Or did he request findings from them? Any attempt to verify info directly from the horses' (plural) mouths, then decide whether to go to the media?

2. Why did the city councilor do early MSM interview(s?)? To land some column inches in the press? To score a few sound bites on TV, radio, youtube, podcasts? Or for virtual-signaling vid clips for his next campaign ads? IDK

From watching the vid (sorry, no link, but was posted shortly after thread opened), I'm inclined to say #3 is likely.
imo, icbw.

Again just nattering away, w no knowledge of individuals at the scene of 9118 call or those speaking in the aftermath. And w'out knowledge of facts at scene.

[
The adults would have enough common sense to hide illegal drugs and sex toys prior to EMT's responding. Especially considering there were children present.

If a police department issues an official statement, I will believe it.

JMO
Not so sure about that. The FD doesn't arrest. If they were engaged in taking drugs at the time and there were children present, that tells me they were pretty messed up. I can see one person noticing the FD looking around and then "scurrying to clean up. FD was there to try and save a life and went about their business. IMO

[
Not so sure about that. The FD doesn't arrest. If they were engaged in taking drugs at the time and there were children present, that tells me they were pretty messed up. I can see one person noticing the FD looking around and then "scurrying to clean up. FD was there to try and save a life and went about their business. IMO
They should have mentioned that to the police then. "Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene."

I don't believe that a "house of horrors" as was described by the unverified hearsay comments can be cleaned up in mere minutes of scurrying though. If it was, I'd hire those people to clean my home!

Last edited:
[
<modsnip: politicizing>

The FD most certainly does report crimes. Possession of illegal drugs is a crime.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Mom of 2 kids taken from South Boston apartment speaks as police, fire officials give conflicting details​

I'm still getting caught up but if the initial reports were wrong then this woman deserves to have her children back. <modsnip: LE unfriendly>

A quick tidy up before LE got there is really the only way that 2 different departments seeing very different things, makes any real sense without anyone making anything up or covering anything up. Both can actually be correct.

I did consider a possible cover up but that's pretty darn extreme. What's more realistic is, EMS and FD showed up to assist the person on the floor in medical distress, and at some point between what they (EMS and FD) first observed, and the time the police arrived (no idea what that time frame was, but at least several minutes I'd guess), items of note that would have been most inappropriate to have out, laying around, were picked up and put away, out of sight. Heck, it's exactly what I think most folks would do, especially if there's kids in the house.

Then, the same people that were uncooperative with EMS and BFD were suddenly fully cooperative with LE, when they showed up. Best behavior? Of course, it's the police and someone just died on your floor. Wouldn't most people attempt to be on their best, fully cooperative behavior? Seems reasonable to me.

Going back again to the more pressing concern, the children that were removed and now in custody of DCF, I suspect whatever information they have to share about daily life in that apartment will be what leads this investigation.

jmo

I'm still getting caught up but if the initial reports were wrong then this woman deserves to have her children back. <modsnip>

From what I understand, it was BOTH the BFD as well as the BPD who filed the 51A forms citing Child Endangerment/ Neglect.

The CPS custody is a whole separate issue, <modsnip: quoted post was snipped> MOO

Boston PD Statement
".... Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene...." *

Some MSM** stated: BPD said there were not drugs or sex toys seen at the scene. Rereading the June 22 Update, personally disagreeing w that conclusion.

Re placement of drugs, not "strewn about the home." If all drugs in apt. had been bottles filled w ten different drugs (some street/illegal? some Rx?) and sitting in a dining room centerpiece bowl, that statement could be accurate. Misleading but factually accurate. [ETA: I doubt if bottles of ten drugs were artfully arranged in sterling silver epergne or comport on the D.Rm table, but drugs could have been hastily stashed in another place, in which case the stmt could be accurate but prone to misunderstanding.]

"Concerning materials"
No explicit reference in PD stmt to sex toys or any other specific materials.

In this post, not addressing danger to children there, but glad there was a referral to a protection agency.

ETA #2.** headline at
No drugs or sex toys strewn around Colony apartment where dead man, live children were found, police say

Last edited:
Boston PD Statement
".... Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene...." *

Some MSM** stated: BPD said there were not drugs or sex toys seen at the scene. Rereading the June 22 Update, personally disagreeing w that conclusion.

Re placement of drugs, not "strewn about the home." If all drugs in apt. had been bottles filled w ten different drugs (some street/illegal? some Rx?) and sitting in a dining room centerpiece bowl, that statement could be accurate. Misleading but factually accurate. [ETA: I doubt if bottles of ten drugs were artfully arranged in sterling silver epergne or comport on the D.Rm table, but drugs could have been hastily stashed in another place, in which case the stmt could be accurate but prone to misunderstanding.]

"Concerning materials"
No explicit reference in PD stmt to sex toys or any other specific materials.

In this post, not addressing danger to children there, but glad there was a referral to a protection agency.

ETA #2.** headline at
No drugs or sex toys strewn around Colony apartment where dead man, live children were found, police say
Which illicit drugs come in bottles?

<modsnip: unnecessary>

"The Verdict"? "Mysterious Fate" of 4 Children?
yes fight back for transparency..
what i find alarming is the verdict seems to say ( no one is at fault )..no one will be arrested and 4 kids are of mysterious fate
@sandy_80
Respectfully, there's been lots of speculation in the court of public opinion, but no arrest yet, no trial yet, hence no verdict yet.
There's been insufficient time for any conclusive LE investigation into possible crimes, imo. Not predicting anything relating to possible arrests or verdicts.

F'ate of children, mysterious?'
BPD publicly stated* it filed an A51 form w DCF.
IIUC, by doing that LE followed approp. procedure, so now responsibility lies w DCF to investigate and to act in childrens' best interests but not to make public stmts about the childrens' "fates."
imo

I wish they'd identify this source... it seems it corroborates the FD report.

"Boston 25 obtained the fire department report, which matched up with another source’s information."

"The Verdict"? "Mysterious Fate" of 4 Children?

@sandy_80
Respectfully, there's been lots of speculation in the court of public opinion, but no arrest yet, no trial yet, hence no verdict yet.
There's been insufficient time for any conclusive LE investigation into possible crimes, imo. Not predicting anything relating to possible arrests or verdicts.

F'ate of children, mysterious?'
BPD publicly stated* it filed an A51 form w DCF.
IIUC, by doing that LE followed approp. procedure, so now responsibility lies w DCF to investigate and to act in childrens' best interests but not to make public stmts about the childrens' "fates."
imo

rsbm bbm
What sort of medical professional qualifications does this person hold, that they are able to state a cause of death?
Would that typically be left for the coroner/medical examiner to determine?
@Laughing Is your post referring to the mother of two girls quoted here?
"They saw several transgender people, who are my friends, and one dead on the floor from cardiac arrest, they just assumed the worst," Kiara said." *

Yep, agreeing - med. examiner will conduct autopsy, get tox test results, and issue autopsy report w CoD & MoD, as you and others know.
But in the meantime ppl can, welllll, say whatever reCOD; MSM can publish same; and we can take it FWIW.

[ETA: If post is referring to the mother, I'm not vouching for her med. prof. qualifications. Not accepting her CoD conclusion, will wait for med. examiner's report.]

Last edited:
MOD REMINDER:

With so many members posting about this case, it’s inevitable there will be differing opinions and theories. If you read a post that you do not agree with but does not violate any of the rules, KEEP SCROLLING. There is no need for all the bickering, snark and rude comments. If you feel a post violates a rule, REPORT IT. Let us handle it. Those of you who choose to engage in this type of behavior stand the chance of having your posting privileges here revoked.

Thanks,

Mad

The article doesn't clear up anything in my opinion.

The Mayor say's that some reports are false and claims “There have not actually been reports directly from first responders. Some of the information that’s been floating out there have been some second and third-hand accounts from those who are not at the scene" totally ignoring the report made by the Fire Department and the "update" made by the police.

Another "Nothing to see here" statement made by a weak politician. A strong leader would be demanding the Fire Department to either verify the statements made are true or explain why they released false information.

Absolutely!

Who is Wu? Ah the Mayor...I asked because I noted the comment "conspiracy theories".

I do appreciate the DA's office statement regarding appropriately prosecuting any arrests that result from their investigation.
Oh yes....they are going for the "conspiracy theories" line. something tells me that someone really important was at the scene, Just my opinion of course.

What I've taken so far from this is why would the firefighters or police lie. My SO but the most likely is someone did a bit of a tidy up prior to LE arriving. Also if there really was nothing inside that apartment that shouldn't have been there, why were the children taken?

children found at such a place is a crime in my books
JMO
@sandy_80
IF some descriptions of the aptmt. conditions, and adult actions there are accurate, the children may have been subjected to child abuse or neglect, a crime.

I hope LE investigates that (as well as the death of the adult there, if med. examiner's report indicates homicide). I also hope DCF provides services for the children to ensure their health, safety, & long-term well-being.

rsbm bbm

What sort of medical professional qualifications does this person hold, that they are able to state a cause of death?

Would that typically be left for the coroner/medical examiner to determine?
Cardiac arrest simply means that the heart stopped beating. Every dead person suffered cardiac arrest when their heart stopped beating. Cardiac arrest isn't a cause of death. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back