Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the RSO that she was last seen with has ties to the fishing industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He had the time and the connections to make it out to a dock or a boat, and maybe he understood the currents. So maybe leaving her clothes, cell phone and ID where it was easy to find was a way to distract the search, buttress JF/RSO's claims that it was local dealers who were involved, not have the heat come down on any kind of associations he may have with trafficking or some such. My gut feeling was that in such circumstances he may have wanted to dispose of a body as far from himself as possible, and where it would be impossible to find, which may have been the sea. Knowing that he needed to back his story about the dealers to confuse things, he then may have left her items where they could be found. It is possible that getting rid of the evidence in his van was done after he realized she had been in touch with friends and that family was onto him. Jaimee Mendez was probably able to make those calls while he was out of ear shot, especially the last one, it seems to me.

Yep. He had the time and the connections to make it out to a dock or a boat, and maybe he understood the currents. So maybe leaving her clothes, cell phone and ID where it was easy to find was a way to distract the search, buttress JF/RSO's claims that it was local dealers were involved, not have the heat come down on any kind of associations he may have with trafficking or some such. My gut feeling was that in such circumstances he may have wanted to dispose of a body as far from himself as possible, and where it would be impossible to find, which may have been the sea. Knowing that he needed to back his story about the dealers to confuse things, he then may have left her items where they could be found. It is possible that getting rid of the evidence in his van was done after he realized she had been in touch with friends and that family was onto him. Jaimee Mendez was probably able to make those calls while he was out of ear shot, especially the last one, it seems to me.

The list from namus is interesting in that it seems that alot of those listed have been located in or by the sea and have not been id'ed.

I am sure this detail has not been missed by the fisherman.

New post on the Find Jaimee Mendez page (unable to post link). It's another call for help from Steven for people to help support her son. Out of curiosity, is the info Steven is reporting new, or has he always referred to her as being murdered and having a "husband" of 8 years? Just curious. I know it probably doesn't really matter, but one would think he may receive some backlash from the public if his comments mislead donors.

New post on the Find Jaimee Mendez page (unable to post link). It's another call for help from Steven for people to help support her son. Out of curiosity, is the info Steven is reporting new, or has he always referred to her as being murdered and having a "husband" of 8 years? Just curious. I know it probably doesn't really matter, but one would think he may receive some backlash from the public if his comments mislead donors.

You don't know she's not dead, I'll trust LE and the family on that. Since she is assumed dead, she could not have been by her own will, then shed her clothes, phone, ID and sneakers all over the place, as soulmagent pointed out earlier. And raising an autistic kid for the eight years they had together would make him more than just a husband, but a great partner, and Dad, who has received compliments on his parenting skills from Steven Mendez. You don't need to explain. I understand.

You don't know she's not dead, I'll trust LE and the family on that. Since she is assumed dead, she could not have been by her own will, then shed her clothes, phone, ID and sneakers all over the place, as soulmagent pointed out earlier. And raising an autistic kid for the eight years they had together would make him more than just a husband, but a great partner, and Dad, who has received compliments on his parenting skills from Steven Mendez. You don't need to explain. I understand.

LE has said she is assumed dead? I don't remember reading that. I have only read the family saying so. I don't think she committed suicide, but if she did, she could have thrown those things in those places and then gone off to wherever after. It has happened before and will happened again. I do not think that's the case here though.

He is either her husband or he is not. It doesn't matter it the child is autistic or if he is a great dad. That may make him more than just a husband, but don't call him as such.. He is either her husband or boyfriend. Personally, it doesn't really matter to me if they said wedding vows.

I don't post on here because there really is nothing much to say without LE speaking and without breaking TOS.

LE has said she is assumed dead? I don't remember reading that. I have only read the family saying so. I don't think she committed suicide, but if she did, she could have thrown those things in those places and then gone off to wherever after. It has happened before and will happened again. I do not think that's the case here though.

He is either her husband or he is not. It doesn't matter it the child is autistic or if he is a great dad. That may make him more than just a husband, but don't call him as such.. He is either her husband or boyfriend. Personally, it doesn't really matter to me if they said wedding vows.

I don't post on here because there really is nothing much to say without LE speaking and without breaking TOS.

Agreed. I just saw the post, saw some commenters getting upset about the post, and decided to share it here. Otherwise I wouldn't have chimed in myself, because there's really no point right now, except to just keep her thread active.

HG, my whole point was, if you are trying to raise money for a cause, state the facts. There's no need to speculate or embellish. No one knows if she was murdered. And she wasn't married. So don't say these things as fact. Someone who hasn't been following the case may come across his go fund me page, read his pleas, and donate. Then what happens if it is discovered later that she left on her own accord, and tried to make it look like she was murdered so no one would think less of her? Or what if her death was an accident and whoever she was with freaked out and disposed of her belongings? Then those who donated may be upset they were mislead. I know the point here is raising money for a single father to care for his autistic boy - I just don't see the point in embellishing.

I went to the original Find JM FB page and didn't see the dad's post. However, I also haven't seen anything from LE that assume's she's dead. I mean, I think most of us here (maybe?) probably think she is simply due to her diabetes and her being without her insulin and the fact that none of us think she'd leave her son willingly. But, best I can recall I don't think LE has ever "officially" put it out there that she is no longer with us.

That aside, she was with Jayson's dad for 8 years. Even though not legally married, it's pretty common for them to be known/called husband and wife. I just wish for her to be found & justice to be served, regardless of who that justice net scoops up in it.

I went to the original Find JM FB page and didn't see the dad's post. However, I also haven't seen anything from LE that assume's she's dead. I mean, I think most of us here (maybe?) probably think she is simply due to her diabetes and her being without her insulin and the fact that none of us think she'd leave her son willingly. But, best I can recall I don't think LE has ever "officially" put it out there that she is no longer with us.

That aside, she was with Jayson's dad for 8 years. Even though not legally married, it's pretty common for them to be known/called husband and wife. I just wish for her to be found & justice to be served, regardless of who that justice net scoops up in it.

I didn't see the post either but her sister did put one at the very beginning that said something like we know she die on Thursday. People went crazy. Going, you do? I dated someone for as long as them and we never called each other husband and wife. Spouses don't get the same privileges. I don't understand saying things that are not so. It is the little details. They don't know she was murdered that Thursday and he isn't her husband. There have been many other things they said, they quite frankly, I don't believe either, but am not going to get into.

I am following LE on thi one and praying the bring Jayme home to her beautiful baby boy.

It's the Find Jaimee Mendez page - can't post a link right now because I'm on my office computer and FB isn't permitted on it. :/

Also, the comment section is going crazy right now, FYI..... Did you guys know Jason's aunt is taking Jaimee's mother to court and obtaining a restraining order against her? Michele put up a post about it in the comment section. Unbelievable.... 8|

Off topic:
@Soulmagent - just wanted you to know I got your last message and tried to respond but your inbox is full. Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you... Hope all is well.

It's the Find Jaimee Mendez page - can't post a link right now because I'm on my office computer and FB isn't permitted on it. :/

Also, the comment section is going crazy right now, FYI..... Did you guys know Jason's aunt is taking Jaimee's mother to court and obtaining a restraining order against her? Michele put up a post about it in the comment section. Unbelievable.... 8|

I'm not seeing anything new since the 8th so I have no idea where to even look.

This is so strange! So I can see the post from my app. But if I go in through my browser on my phone, it's gone. I thought "maybe it was deleted", but I still see people posting on it!

This is so strange! So I can see the post from my app. But if I go in through my browser on my phone, it's gone. I thought "maybe it was deleted", but I still see people posting on it!

Yep, it's on my phone app too but not there if you go in from a desktop. VERY strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member