Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this article that FindHG posted up thread today...

“Please be advised that there will be no active search today for Jaimee Mendez. Investigators will meet today to assess the search effort thus far and determine next steps,’’ Blodgett’s office said in a statement. “This is an active investigation and as such, we cannot comment on details such as evidence that may or may not have been found. As soon as there is information that we can share, we will do so.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...f?hootPostID=fc564380f7f7c9f1a020e25051e05f5f

Also:
'Every reason to believe missing mom still alive,' DA says
"We're making this a search for a missing person," Blodgett said. "We have every reason to believe that she's still alive and well, and we're going to cross that other bridge when we have to come to it
"I don't comment on suspects or persons of interest," Blodgett said.
More here: http://www.wcvb.com/news/every-reason-to-believe-missing-mom-still-alive-da-says/29696824

Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett’s office, which is overseeing the search that has involved at least five law enforcement agencies, said Thursday an “active investigation’’ is underway, but would disclose no details.

“Please be advised that there will be no active search today for Jaimee Mendez. Investigators will meet today to assess the search effort thus far and determine next steps,’’ Blodgett’s office said in a statement. “This is an active investigation and as such, we cannot comment on details such as evidence that may or may not have been found. As soon as there is information that we can share, we will do so.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?hootPostID=fc564380f7f7c9f1a020e25051e05f5f

The DA's Office is overseeing the search? Hmmmn, that alone speaks volumes.

I'm not sure what that means. Isn't the role of the DA to represent the state, in criminal cases? I'm confused and feel like I've missed something.

Wonder how much Fluery's baby's mama knows about Jaimee missing.

Can't name her but she knows the the Stephanie Vaczy (the woman who was missing and now found.) Somehow they all know each other and I'm leaning towards drugs.

I'm not sure what that means. Isn't the role of the DA to represent the state, in criminal cases? I'm confused and feel like I've missed something.

IMO, it means JB is safeguarding his future case for prosecution.

Wonder how much Fluery's baby's mama knows about Jaimee missing.

Can't name her but she knows the the Stephanie Vaczy (the woman who was missing and now found.) Somehow they all know each other and I'm leaning towards drugs.

There are too many connections between two women who have disappeared (Stephanie since found) and JF and now another named woman for it to be coincidence anymore IMO.

What the heck is going on with the recent comments on the Find Jaimee Mendez page????

https://www.facebook.com/findjaimeemendez?hc_location=timeline

Way too many connections for none of them to know anything. It doesn't look good for Jaimee :(

Well... this might clear a few things up:

Fleury acknowledged he was with Mendez the night of her alleged disappearance. He said that Mendez was the go-between for him and a heroin dealer and, on the night of her disappearance, he picked up Mendez at 5:30 or 6 p.m. to buy drugs. Fleury said they took the same trip they had taken twice before: Fleury said he would pick Mendez up at her Swampscott residence and drive her to the area of a Rite Aid on Lewis Street in Lynn. She would call somebody to arrange the drug deal when they arrived at the store, although Fleury said Mendez used his cell phone to make calls on Nov. 6 because hers was running out of battery power. He would then allegedly give her the money and she would bring him drugs. Fleury said he last saw Mendez walking away from his car at approximately 6:30 or 7 p.m. on Nov. 6. “She was with me 30 minutes tops,” Fleury said. Fleury said he then did what any heroin user would do: “I went home and fried my brain.”

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-e...cle_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

They have been in it almost since day one. There seems to be something about Jaimee's case that is absolutely causing all hands on deck and now....just my layperson's point of view. The DA also made it clear that they dont comment on suspects. They just dont do it. As frustrating as it is, I like that they are being tight lipped.

Fleury acknowledged he was with Mendez the night of her alleged disappearance. He said that Mendez was the go-between for him and a heroin dealer and, on the night of her disappearance, he picked up Mendez at 5:30 or 6 p.m. to buy drugs. Fleury said they took the same trip they had taken twice before: Fleury said he would pick Mendez up at her Swampscott residence and drive her to the area of a Rite Aid on Lewis Street in Lynn. She would call somebody to arrange the drug deal when they arrived at the store, although Fleury said Mendez used his cell phone to make calls on Nov. 6 because hers was running out of battery power. He would then allegedly give her the money and she would bring him drugs. Fleury said he last saw Mendez walking away from his car at approximately 6:30 or 7 p.m. on Nov. 6. “She was with me 30 minutes tops,” Fleury said. Fleury said he then did what any heroin user would do: “I went home and fried my brain.”

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-e...cle_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

Thank you Ontario Mom for finding this article...so informative! It also helps to make sense of what some others have said regarding JF and his indirect involvement.

Also from this link:

“I didn’t hurt the girl. She and I are friends; unfortunately a little mom is missing, and I’m a Level 3 sex offender,” the man, Jason Fleury, told The Item in an exclusive interview Thursday. “I don’t blame [the family] for being angry, they’ve got to take blame on somebody and a Level 3 sex offender is a hell of a target.”

To make it clear I'm not defending or accusing but this sheds more light on the events. MOO

Wow -- that article is very interesting, thank you so much for finding and posting it. A couple of things stand out:
- he's seemingly actively cooperating with the police, as the reporter found him coming out of police HQ after questioning;
- I don't care for the all of the "if I had killed her/if she had overdosed, I would have (fill-in-the-blank)" - that line of defense feels super guilty to me for some reason;
- I'm nervous that his two lines of work were commercial fishing and garbage/trash collection -- both of which would give him knowledge and opportunity for less detectable body disposal. Particularly at sea. Hoping LE is on top of any potential connections he has with fishing boats.

So impressed with the Mendez family. They are doing a great job fighting for their girl.

Thank you for the info. I think the chances that he is a liar are good. I don't believe a thing he says, as what else would he say? He's trying perhaps through whatever associations he has to cast doubt on his own trail that night. Scratch marks the Mendez saw on him? The garbage collection doesn't cover it. He says "the little mom" when referring to her. It bespeaks his domineering attitude toward her. These types, it's all about control.

"although Fleury said Mendez used his cell phone to make calls on Nov. 6 because hers was running out of battery power. He would then allegedly give her the money and she would bring him drugs. Fleury said he last saw Mendez walking away from his car at approximately 6:30 or 7 p.m. on Nov. 6."

What did he do to make her nervous. She called from her own phone when she asked to be picked up because she may have feared him. Her battery wasn't out. He tells a lie right there and the rest. And he's trying to throw off the investigation claiming that the calls from his phone were made by her, thus connecting her to his drug dealers. Maybe the people he called should watch their backs because he may be throwing them under the bus to get away with this. He's using his associations, like the mother of his child, his family, his old girlfriends, for smokescreens, it seems to me.

“hide a body so well in four hours so 700 people can’t find her,” boasting but revealing, he's brazen and told a story that barely fits what is known and to mislead, it completely seems to me. Yet in doing so he also may have revealed the timing of his process. This guy is a consummate liar, but stupid to talk to a reporter, so there's an ego there that drives him, which is typical in these types.

Not as much as it would in other states. In Massachusetts, the DA's office is in charge of all aspects of investigations, including the labs, the searches, interviews and research, etc. It's not just prosecution. So they're in charge of even missing persons searches.

It has a lot of advantages -- easier to coordinate local agencies, single point of information so you're not getting the conflicting information we see in lots of cases, etc.

Might be worth mentioning that the major mainstream stations aren't talking about many of the things that have come out in this thread, such as the family's accusations, because they can't be verified.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling JF really didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, directly. I think whoever she called on his phone, did. I think LE know exactly who it was she called. I think many of the other names mentioned in this case and on FB also know who it is. If they seized his phone (and they would have, especially if he told them this) and they found her phone too, they've already had a tech scour them both and found the same number - and more than likely other similar numbers on both their phones. It's just a matter of narrowing it down, and even this 50 yr old mom can do with with commercial apps on her kid's phones. If I can do it, a trained IT tech can do much, much more.

He lays out this plan of picking her up at her home, going to the rite-aid, making the call, her meeting someone with the money then coming back with the drugs. BUT, he doesn't mention driving her home at all so maybe it was their normal routine to part ways there? If that's the case, the contact likely knew that was the deal too. He or she had clearly been there before (if we're to believe JF's story) so they knew the deal.

Now all we need to know (besides where she is) is, who is this contact?

(Just thinking outloud. MOO, and all those thing.)

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling JF really didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, directly. I think whoever she called on his phone, did. I think LE know exactly who it was she called. I think many of the other names mentioned in this case and on FB also know who it is. If they seized his phone (and they would have, especially if he told them this) and they found her phone too, they've already had a tech scour them both and found the same number - and more than likely other similar numbers on both their phones. It's just a matter of narrowing it down, and even this 50 yr old mom can do with with commercial apps on her kid's phones. If I can do it, a trained IT tech can do much, much more.

He lays out this plan of picking her up at her home, going to the rite-aid, making the call, her meeting someone with the money then coming back with the drugs. BUT, he doesn't mention driving her home at all so maybe it was their normal routine to part ways there? If that's the case, the contact likely knew that was the deal too. He or she had clearly been there before (if we're to believe JF's story) so they knew the deal.

Now all we need to know (besides where she is) is, who is this contact?

(Just thinking outloud. MOO, and all those thing.)

Thank you for you thoughts, but why would you even begin to believe him? He's seems to me to be covering. She had her phone that worked which she used to try to get away from him. Seems to me he's lying to fit the circumstances. This isn't his first ride on the merry-go-round with the law. He has had a lifetime of breaking the law. I think he may have started covering for himself soon after he was able to get Jaimee Bruck back into his van. Those four hours he speaks of may be key. It's said he was with his girlfriend I saw somewhere around 10 pm (not confirmed info) and in this interview he says he went home and "fried his brain," thus giving himself an out for the following four hours. So between the time Jaimee Mendez called for help and about the time he claims to be with his girlfriend is about 4 hours. I think that's when he may have taken Jaimee Mendez to where ever she may be hidden. It all sounds way to convenient to depict a diabetic mom much loved by her family and her son would be using his phone to call dealers then imply that she over-dosed with somebody else. Every aspect of what he says I think strongly is a cover for what he did, extrapolated after the fact, as best he could from the records of calls he made on his phone to set the cover in motion. He changed his van from one day to the next. He may have been working hard to cover his tracks at that, I think. I also think the people he implicates may turn on him soon enough. The only person he could trust that night was the mother of his child for an alibi, but even then not before that gap of about 4 hours that he explains as the time he "fried his brain." How convenient, how pat. "Fleury admitted he was uncertain about the exact timeline of the night." from the Item article listed. So he's precise on his alibi and uncertain? This sounds like classic mendacity to me. "Fleury also said he has no idea with whom Mendez was with when she allegedly called a friend and said the man she was with made her uncomfortable." she identified him in his call to her friend. That's how the family knew to look for this lying bag of wind, so a big big lie right there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143