Found Deceased MA - Michael Kelleher, 23, Boston, 29 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to wonder about a sketchy "cab"

My husband and I took the train to a Patriots game and I believe it returned us to North station. Cabs were lined up waiting and we got in one.

But it was clearly not a real cab company. Just 3 men driving around and picking people up to earn money.

They were sketchy and majorly overcharged us but it was late and I was tired and pregnant so we paid. But it would have been an argument under normal circumstances

He wasn't familiar with the city, maybe he got into the wrong car.

I believe dad's comment is related to alcohol and being in an unfamiliar city.

Also someone asked about the friend he went to the game with. It was reportedly a female coworker

I have to wonder about a sketchy "cab"

My husband and I took the train to a Patriots game and I believe it returned us to North station. Cabs were lined up waiting and we got in one.

But it was clearly not a real cab company. Just 3 men driving around and picking people up to earn money.

They were sketchy and majorly overcharged us but it was late and I was tired and pregnant so we paid. But it would have been an argument under normal circumstances

He wasn't familiar with the city, maybe he got into the wrong car.

I believe dad's comment is related to alcohol and being in an unfamiliar city.

Also someone asked about the friend he went to the game with. It was reportedly a female coworker

I mean I guess it's really one of two scenarios right now right? He fell in water and drowned or was abducted? Sad to say that I hope it was the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I guess it's really one of two scenarios right now right? He fell in water and drowned or was abducted? Sad to say that I hope it was the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe he's taking some time away or has a mental illness and is lost. That's not what I suspect but I've seen both before, and sometimes people go missing for three or four days and after they return there's no more information given.

I think the scenarios you listed are much more likely but I want to hang on to some hope.

I have not seen her "story" can someone summarize.

Sure, here you go.

Tavella Kelleher said that her son was with a friend who had planned on driving home.
“Her story has changed so many times, I don’t know what’s true,” she said by telephone Friday afternoon.
At one point the friend had said that she tried calling Kelleher 30 times before giving up, and then she started saying that he had planned to take an Uber home.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...celtic-game/LZVq0EYxpruRn920MgOaWO/story.html

The spot where his phone last pinged (138 tremont st) is right at Winter/Summer st, which is a straight shot to South Station. There was a 9:35pm train leaving to Southborough from South station which he could have been hoping to catch. Also, if you map a walking route from North station to South station, it gives you 2 routes and one of them takes you right past 138 tremont st...

The find Michael Facebook page seems to be disregarding the Tremont ping. I believe they said police told them it was likely inaccurate and his last known location is Paul revere park. He tried to get an Uber 3 times there.

They have search grids up on the page if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards water as he tried to return to the garden after unsuccessfully trying to get an Uber

I've never used Uber. Idk how it would be unsuccessful?

How do you have season tickets to a sports team in the center of Boston and a tattoo of the Boston skyline, yet people (parents) are saying he does not have friends in Boston and saying he does not know his way around Boston?

He probably loves Boston sports but only goes into the city for events. So he goes for a certain game or goes to attend a certain event but he doesn't spend time exploring the city at all.

I grew up outside of Boston in the suburbs. Many who have only been to museums and stadiums really like to brag about being from Boston. I guess you could say it's a poser thing. But pretty common

He probably loves Boston sports but only goes into the city for events. So he goes for a certain game or goes to attend a certain event but he doesn't spend time exploring the city at all.

I grew up outside of Boston in the suburbs. Many who have only been to museums and stadiums really like to brag about being from Boston. I guess you could say it's a poser thing. But pretty common

The train station is next to TD Garden - is that right? So I understand what you're saying. A lot of people near big cities will say they're from there, and sports fans identify with their team's city. (I've never even been to Detroit but it's close to my heart.)

And even if he knows that area Boston is an especially confusing city.

TD Garden is on top of north station. There are literally entrances to TD garden inside of the train station.

North station is total chaos when there are events at the garden

the harbor edge is literally treacherous in many places, im honestly surprised this kind of thing doesnt happen more often. almost every time it is a person that is very drunk that this happens to.

I wonder what compels drunk men toward water? I've never been drunk once in my life, so I can't relate ...

I wouldn't go so far as to criticize him as a poser, which is a somewhat derogatory term IMO. I grew up right outside Boston and have identified it as home my entire life, but I wouldn't say in my early 20's I could make my way around well. That has come with time, and while I could probably make my way around now blind-folded, that wasn't the case back then when I was just starting to venture around on my own. Didn't mean I loved it any less or didn't see it as my home city.

I don't mean to insult him. Just the best way I saw to explain why he'd have those tattoos even though he hardly sets foot in the city. I apologize if I offended anyone

I believe the Tremont ping is inaccurate.

I moved to Boston last year and live very close to TD Garden. As I am new to the area, I "GPS" a lot of stuff trying to figure out routes, etc...and when I do it from my apartment, my GPS gives my "Current Location" as a place near Boston Common (which is about a mile away and bordered by Tremont) nearly every time.

I don't know if pings and GPS work the same, but I have experienced personally my phone saying I was near Boston Common when I was really near TD Garden.

I even go through the process of "recalibrating" my phone and it still happens.

So while Tremont isn't very far from where he was last seen, it is in the opposite direction from Paul Revere Park.

Where are you hearing this?

Sorry for the misinformation! I will delete my post. I've been searching everywhere for more news then saw this tweet...

Stanley Forman‏ @sjforman138

Family and friends of missing 23 yr old from Southboro leaving area after search ends for day. #wcvb #boston

Maybe it was just a search and not an actual person in the water!

I don't mean to insult him. Just the best way I saw to explain why he'd have those tattoos even though he hardly sets foot in the city. I apologize if I offended anyone

You didn't! I was just trying to point out it wouldn't be unusual at his age to not know his way around even if he goes to the Garden often.

Sorry for the misinformation! I will delete my post. I've been searching everywhere for more news then saw this tweet...

Stanley Forman‏ @sjforman138

Family and friends of missing 23 yr old from Southboro leaving area after search ends for day. #wcvb #boston

Maybe it was just a search and not an actual person in the water!

I saw the parrotheaddduff tweet too, but subsequent ones from others reference that state police searching waters under the Zakim. Not sure what to make of the tweet, maybe the person misunderstood the search there possibly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back