Found Deceased MA - Michael Kelleher, 23, Boston, 29 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not sure what they mean by "eastern" locks, but you have correctly marked the east side.

Interestingly, walking from TD Garden to Paul Revere Park via the locks, the only place I saw that had no barrier between land and water was on the east side, right before you get to the locks... adjacent to the MSP Marine Unit building, about 10 feet from the parking lot, there is a little rock slop that goes right to the water's edge. No fencing there. Everywhere else between there and Paul Revere Park has fences or some other barrier from the river.
Very informative, did you happen to take a pic of this spot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Been so busy today didn't even know he was found until my daughter mentioned it a few minutes ago. Even though this was most likely the outcome I guess I wasn't prepared for it. So sad for his family especially on Easter Sunday.

Anyone know of wallet license cell phone found on him??
I haven't seen anything official yet, but since they didn't wait for an autopsy, I'm guessing he must have had them.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This is area on the "east side" of the locks adjacent to the MSP that has direct water access...seems pretty shallow though.

It would make a lot more sense if he went in on the west side...because you are basically stuck if you go in on that side. There is nowhere to swim to where you could climb out.

It's just odd to me that some of these missing young men lately all went missing from some kind of venue, whether a bar or a football game and ended up being found deceased in a river. It's just weird IMO.

This is area on the "east side" of the locks adjacent to the MSP that has direct water access...seems pretty shallow though.

It would make a lot more sense if he went in on the west side...because you are basically stuck if you go in on that side. There is nowhere to swim to where you could climb out.

Also, regarding this picture I posted... that is the Charlestown Bridge in the background for reference. The building in the upper left is the MSP Marine Unit building. The locks would be to the left of the MSP building.

It's just odd to me that some of these missing young men lately all went missing from some kind of venue, whether a bar or a football game and ended up being found deceased in a river. It's just weird IMO.

Alcohol, nighttime darkness, and the need to leave to walk home at some point. Put these together with areas you can easily drop into the water and it will keep happening. If something bad happened to these young men that didn't involve them falling in the water then they would probably be found quickly and you wouldn't be as aware of the case.

This link from a couple of pages ago has been updated.
The family of a missing Southborough man has confirmed that it was Michael Kelleher, who disappeared after a Celtics game.

“They always say you never think it’ll happen to you, but here we are. I can’t even fathom,” his mother, Lori, told FOX25 on March 31.

His parents and friends scoured the city after he didn't turn up after the game. His cell phone last pinged on Tremont Street near the Common. Eventually, the search turned to the river.

Dive teams had searched the water a couple of weeks ago near the Museum of Science, but nothing had turned up. On Sunday, the body of a Kelleher was recovered a few minutes after it was initially spotted and reported, shortly after 9 a.m.
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/mans-body-pulled-from-charles-river-near-locks/513078687

RIP Michael. Light & love to his family and friends.

My condolences to Mike's family and friends.

Alcohol, nighttime darkness, and the need to leave to walk home at some point. Put these together with areas you can easily drop into the water and it will keep happening. If something bad happened to these young men that didn't involve them falling in the water then they would probably be found quickly and you wouldn't be as aware of the case.

Also, other kinds of victims tend not to get the attention that an attractive young man gets. There was a homeless woman pulled out of the same spot a few weeks earlier and she barely rated one article that has already aged out of the WCRB website. Last month they were looking for a possible suicide but there was no followup at all.

I am new to this forum, so my apologies if this has already been discussed- but Kelleher and Marr are 2 of several missing young 20 something men in Massachusetts- has this been discussed here? Looking for possible links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new to this forum, so my apologies if this has already been discussed- but Kelleher and Marr are 2 of several missing young 20 something men in Massachusetts- has this been discussed here? Looking for possible links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome watchful1. :)

:welcome3:

I am new here... went to high school with Michael. We were not close friends, but I know him to see him and was totally shocked to hear he was missing. I've of course been following his case very closely and just wanted to say how comforting it is to see all the people that care and are interested. Hoping for some answers soon...

So sorry, Auggiesmom23.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry it is under these circumstances.

Also, other kinds of victims tend not to get the attention that an attractive young man gets. There was a homeless woman pulled out of the same spot a few weeks earlier and she barely rated one article that has already aged out of the WCRB website. Last month they were looking for a possible suicide but there was no followup at all.

I would assume that the reason for difference in coverage is because there was no family to report the woman missing and therefore no public outreach or extended search for her prior to finding her body.

I would assume that the reason for difference in coverage is because there was no family to report the woman missing and therefore no public outreach or extended search for her prior to finding her body.

I dunno. I think a big part of it is that middle-class kids are interesting and homeless people are all but invisible. The homeless person who committed suicide jumping off a building didn't get any notice, either, even though they had a major street blocked off for a couple of hours and we couldn't get our car out of the parking garage because the entrance was inside the crime scene tape. :p

It's like they're thinking, "Oh, they're homeless so nobody cares."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truecrimefanatic2024
Back