VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of people on this jury are made up of residents of MA who must be struggling with how so many members of LE in their state handled this case. If LE can pull the wool over KR's eyes as the defense tried to illustrate, they can also do the same - and may have already - to any ordinary citizen in previous or future cases. All of these players must be investigated for their incompetent role in the initial investigation. I can't imagine the people of MA won't demand they be investigated after all that's been revealed. Would any of you want any one of these police officers involved in your situation that may come up? I wouldn't want them anywhere near me if I was involved in something. KR may not get acquitted or convicted, but her trial hopefully is for the greater good eventually. MOO.

Last edited:
I don’t feel he’s lying by what he presented but it could have happened other ways. Tail lights at the scene and in his clothes tells me it happened, we just don’t know exactly how. We’ve been around on this…..

We don't know exactly how but you just posted saying how other posters would react. How do you know that for certain?

Karen Read and her team went back into court.
@TedDanielnews says the jury has come back a 2nd time and said they can not reach a unanimous verdict.

A counter protest has started here in Dedham against Karen Read, calling her guilty. Some of these people originally believed Karen Read was innocent.

I just have to say that her grand entrances and exits from the courtroom, along with her interactions with the crowds—not so much in the above clip, but in others during the course of the trial—really rub me the wrong way. Her smiles and waves to her supporters make it seem as if she feels like she is some kind of celebrity, not a woman who killed a man with her car while driving drunk after a night of partying. I am willing to believe it was an accident, but I think she did it. <modsnip> unnecessary> This is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to think that KR had very limited memory of what actually happened, and perhaps she did her best to put two and two together upon discovering the body.
We also don't know what was said to her by Jen McCabe on the journey back to 34 Fairview Road.

Regardless, drunken memories should not be used as evidence in a murder trial.

Case in point - I can't remember much of what happened last night, and I wasn't even drunk :oops:
Well she puts it out there as fact in her TV interview.

Pieces of a tail light embedded in his clothing might be evidence that the car made contact with him, but you ought to pay particular attention to the chain of custody. The crime scene was never secured, the house was never searched, tail light pieces kept magically appearing days after the incident, multiple pieces of video evidence went missing. The list goes on.

The two most important pieces of evidence (which are less prone to tampering) are the body itself and the car.
It very much looks like the body wasn't hit by a car,
It very much looks like the car didn't hit a body.

And god knows how you think he might have gotten a dog bitten arm.

JOK was rendered unconscious from the blow to his head, and would have died shortly after that. He didn't get up off the roadway and walk to the location that he was discovered. And he can't have been hit so hard that he flew there, as the prosecution alleges.

The other glaring evidence is that his body temperature was 80*f at 6:30am when he was found.
If he had actually been lying out in a blizzard for six hours, he would be frozen.
You forgot no bruising to speak of apart from a round c2cm diameter thing on the side of a knee which was of no relevance per medical testimony. moo

Yes, that’s his house. So the fact that he says his ring footage didn’t have anything important, so he helpfully deleted it is a bit much for sure. Any one of the many coincidences is a bit much to me, but add them all up and there’s just no way…
I'm trying to find a MSM link for this information and haven't found one yet.

This isn't coming from Turtle Boy is it?

At what point would it be announced that they

BBM above. That seems so WRONG, for either side! Look at how frequently we here have to refer back to websites, other posts, etc.
If I am a juror on a criminal case, I am taking detailed notes. But, that's me, I am a note taker. moo

Additionally, iirc, the jurors are permitted to ask questions. moo

Hm yes I recall the media reporting that there was footage of KR hitting JO.

Perhaps that influenced Yannetti at the time.

Of course, it turned out the footage never existed.

Imagine that!

At this stage it would not shock me if the LE ring camera across the road showed LE not hitting KR and this is why it got deleted. I don’t believe a word that comes out of Proctors mouth, his henchmen and their relatives and party guests. They are all lying.

I think there is more than one that does not agree with the majority. "Deeply divided" sounds to me that this case will eventually be a hung jury. The judge will not send them back to deliberation again if they still say they cannot come to an agreement. A hung jury is not good for either side, but the defense can spin it (lie) in favor of their client. The prosecution is a lot more limited. Not much of a spinning option for them. I feel sorry for the mother of John O'Keefe. Not only is she having to deal the stress of a hung jury, but per CourtTV, there have been some Karen supporters that have harassed her. Pretty low to harass a mother of a murdered son. Just think what they would do to the jurors that were the holdout (if someone told them) and not agreeing with them that Karen is innocent.

For anyone that missed it or isn't following the live feed, I transcribed the jury's note.

Judge Cannone, despite our commitment to the duty entrusted to us, we find ourselves deeply divided by fundamental differences in our opinions and state of mind.

The divergence in our views are not rooted in a lack of understanding or effort, but deeply held convictions that each of us carry, ultimately leading to a point where consensus is unobtainable.

We recognise the weight of this admission, and the implications it holds.

This is exactly what I believed the case to be last week. Their beliefs (convictions) are what’s holding them back. As they state, they are not having difficulty with rational thinking re all evidence since it says it’s not for a lack of understanding. Unfortunately imo everyone has these biases whether implicit or explicit. It’s a shame that this can hold them back.

I think there are probably 2-3 G voters that are in disagreement with the majority. I don’t see anyone changing their mind at this point.

Thanks for posting the note- tuning in late today so I missed the exact wording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member