MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO…Their statement about their “intent” to re try this case came out so quickly that I don’t believe they even had the time to talk to the jurors. I felt it was just a saving grace comment on their part.
I think they knew all weekend what would happen today....most of us non insiders sort of were prepared for what happened. They had discussed this. They have a family that wants answers as to what happened to JO. They refuse to look elsewhere. I have a feeling that this could even divide the O'Keefe family. His brother seems so committed to the KR theory that he can't get beyond it.

CW if you go forward, lead medical evidence to explain the arm injuries, respond properly to the biomechanical engineer, and fix irregularities in the key times. Explain why Lucky's observations and those of Ryan Nagel should reasonably be dismissed. Find out who owns that car and why it was there. Don't reverse a video, and clean up (as best you can) your stable of witnesses. You can't recreate the chain of custody - but you can and must do better.
I am wondering how the DA office can justify using taxpayer's dollars for another trial. All the time and money put into this trial and they failed miserably imo on behalf of their citizens. The witnesses all seemed so incompetent. I feel sympathy for Trooper Paul for instance. It seemed like his team simply assigned him a school project to restructure the crime scene to give him something to do. As if they didn't think it mattered anyway since they must have thought the conviction was a slam dunk. The language he used during the cross was like a child might use. Even the defense lawyer was being gentle on him since he was so out of his league. I felt embarrassed for him. The DA brought this to trial despite having all these keystone cops as witnesses. And it just leaves me asking is everybody living around there an alcoholic? Imagine how much money a second trial will cost with real experts being brought in to get to the bottom of what occurred. They may never know. Outrageous.
MOO.

Last edited:
Exactly. Outing other jurors or what was discussed should remain private. So somebody claiming to have the skinny on the vote count is lying or somebody is talking out of turn.
It says to avoid naming jurors or talking about how any specific juror voted. A juror can still give a count of the split without naming names.

We’re hearing from an alternate juror in the #KarenRead case. She told @LouisaMoller, she was there for the whole trial but not deliberation room.

- She id’ed herself as Juror 3
- Says she approached the trial like “a graduate level course and would get an A+ for note taking

- She told Louisa she thought the prosecution didn’t prove its case and she would’ve been a “not guilty.”
-She said the jurors were “very tight” and even celebrated birthdays and did puzzles.”

- We hope to hear from a juror who was part of the deliberations. Well let you know when we do.

@davidwade

I think they knew all weekend what would happen today....most of us non insiders sort of were prepared for what happened. They had discussed this. They have a family that wants answers as to what happened to JO. They refuse to look elsewhere. I have a feeling that this could even divide the O'Keefe family. His brother seems so committed to the KR theory that he can't get beyond it.

Well written and accurate @turaj...but maybe his brother has very good reasons, however, for being committed to who committed the,
" accidental murder."

jmo moo omo

Relieved the defence lost.
Jackson had one chance at this fiasco narrative.

No way the prosecution will let all that inuendo and conspiracy corruption nonsense sit in the air.

Retrial for sure.
KR will be sleeping with one eye open.

moo
Karen isn't on her way to prison tonight. I'd call that a battle won, even if it's not the war yet.

@KathyReports

The controversial @MassStatePolice trooper who was the lead investigator in the Karen Read murder trial was home in Canton when the case ended in a mistrial. Hear what he had to say on @NBC10Boston COMING up at 6PM.

1719877591980.png

Massachusetts State Police Trooper Michael Proctor refused to answer questions from the NBC10 Boston Investigators after the murder trial against Karen Read ended with a hung jury.

I have a feeling that this could even divide the O'Keefe family. His brother seems so committed to the KR theory that he can't get beyond it.
The brother seems to be holding onto a lot of resentment and anger, even after 2.5 years. I didn't see him say anything to KR after the mistrial, however the look on his face when he glared and sneered at KR sure was scary. I hope he gets some therapy for everybody's sake. MOO.

Last edited:
Juror describes what it was like to be involved in the Karen Read murder trial @LouisaMoller reports

Question: What was this jury like?

Juror #3: "It was a lovely group of people. We did puzzles. We celebrated birthdays together."

Full article at link...

The brother is holding onto a lot of resentment and anger, even after 2.5 years. I didn't see him say anything to KR after the mistrial, however the look on his face when he glared and sneered at KR sure was scary. I hope he gets some therapy for everybody's sake. MOO.
He scares me and has scared me throughout the trial.
There is a sense of immaturity I receive from watching him hating her..
I sincerely hope she and her family have good home security..

This appears to be escalating..

I am pleased though the jurors went hung.
Stuck to whatever they believe in their heart of hearts.

It is not right when one or 2 (whatever number) are pushed into a verdict they do not support.

No matter which side you sit on.
I respect their stance.

Its so important.
No matter the cost.
Whether she gets tried again or not.

Each juror stood their ground on what they believe to be true.

That is fair and righteous

moo

He scares me and has scared me throughout the trial.
There is a sense of immaturity I receive from watching him hating her..
I sincerely hope she and her family have good home security..

This appears to be escalating..
Agreed. Hope nothing happens to anyone on either side. And the trooper who told the reporter to get the F off his lawn … not professional or classy. He should be trained for that sort of thing. A simple “No comment” would suffice.

UPDATE: The Norfolk Superior Court clerk’s office told me because of the mistrial, there will NOT be a juror list publicly released for the Karen Read trial

For reference, here is the 2015 SJC decision about juror lists being made public after verdicts in Massachusetts trials http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/470/470mass484.html

Key language (emphasis mine):"We conclude that the public's long-term interest in maintaining an open judicial process...requires that a list identifying the names of jurors who have been empanelled and RENDERED A VERDICT in a criminal case... be made available to the public.”

Also, even if there is a verdict, the legal decision stipulates when a juror list could be kept from the public: "Only on a judicial finding of good cause, which may include a risk of harm to the jurors or to the integrity of their service, may such a list be withheld."

@RyanNBCBoston

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan
Back