MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let’s say KR lied. So did everyone else. Let’s cancel those out.
What’s left is physics and math. Calculated by a third party, not paid by the defense, and not partial.
Phd vs trooper Paul. PhDs the DOJ trusts. PhDs who have no dog in this fight.
Imagine if the defense was able to examine them the proper way? The defense went in cold, not knowing what they will disclose beyond the 14 bullet points. They had to wing it. Imagine what their testimonies will look like the second time around when they’re able to prep them.
If the DA had any wits about them, they’d peacock until July 1, 2025 and drop all charges. We all know he will drag his true decision til the 11th hour. He has a year to decide.
Until I see prove of what the defense is saying about theses jurors, it’s smoke and mirrors. With that said, physical evidence around and on John’s body said he was hit by her car. Obviously some jurors believed that to be the truth.
Hopefully the CW will being in better experts in the next trial.

Ummm couldn’t we say all of them were drunk and excuse all behavior then. Shes stone cold sober making them interviews and changing up how she last saw him. I mean if she seen him putting her head in the door why would she question hitting him. Drives me crazy that everyone totally excuses everything she does.
When new experts are brought in that say John was hit by a car…then what. Tail light pieces around his body and in his shirt
Tail light pieces that were wholly non existant at the time JO was found even with much less snow than later and a leaf blower looking through the snow. Not one bright red piece out of 47 was seen in the bright white snow.

RSBM.

I have to disagree with this. In the trial, the defense didn't really bother to contest the claim that she was drunk that night. However, the commonwealth's own expert said that his calculations relied on the assumption that Karen's last drink was at 12:45 AM. In a retrial the defense could simply argue that the commonwealth can't prove she didn't take a drink at some point after 12:45 when she returned to John's home. Without any proof of the last time she drank, the blood test results are invalid and I don't think a jury could find her guilty. Or, perhaps they still could, but it certainly wouldn't be a slam-dunk.

Edit - I'm slightly late. I see that @acutename and @kittythehare had similar thoughts.

I'm firmly convinced she wasn't charged with OUI as a stand alone count because the prosecution knew the odds were high that would be the one and only compromise conclusion. No murder, no manslaughter but we'll give you an OUI, Lally.

I'll be surprised if they do re-try her, but I still think they'll avoid that charge if they do. Especially now.

imo moo omo

Mr. Jackson may be too personally involved at this point. At the very least, how could anyone eat steak while the jurors we're deliberating, with such profound consequences?

It is so inappropriate, after a good-man has died!! Now an affidavit of gossip, from the " canoodling lawyer," ( their word not mine)

The judge made a good ruling, jurors should be protected and everyone simmer down.
Professionally too.

///
That was much ado about nothing. He wasn't canoodling. The click bait media, as usual, cut a short clip out and made Mt. Everest out of a mole hill. I'd like to see the entire video of that "canoodling" incident.

Ummm couldn’t we say all of them were drunk and excuse all behavior then. Shes stone cold sober making them interviews and changing up how she last saw him. I mean if she seen him putting her head in the door why would she question hitting him. Drives me crazy that everyone totally excuses everything she does.
When new experts are brought in that say John was hit by a car…then what. Tail light pieces around his body and in his shirt say he was.
What new experts? They couldn’t even get someone to state he was hit by a car this time around. ME wouldn’t testify to that, and the only person they could find was Trooper Paul who was willing to say he got hit sideways, spun, hit his head on a curb and then magically flew 12 feet into the lawn. All in all, a 30 foot distance.

Let’s not forget the medical expert testified his head injury would render him unconscious immediately. So, either a ghost picked him up and dropped him into the lawn or he didn’t hit his head on concrete. And no. The ground wasn’t frozen at that time and there was grass cushion.
And possibly few inches of snow.
So which is it?

Also, Gordon Ramsey got hit by a car few weeks ago. His torso looked like he tattooed a giant black square on it. The bruise was unbelievable looking. The only thing JO had was black eyes. And according to his brother he looked like he went through many rounds w Mike Tyson.

Tail light pieces that were wholly non existant at the time JO was found even with much less snow than later and a leaf blower looking through the snow. Not one bright red piece out of 47 was seen in the bright white snow.

It was only about 4 or 5 inches at most at that time. They found clear glass pieces, but not a single hunk or shard of red taillight. Doesn't seem possible.

Until I see prove of what the defense is saying about theses jurors, it’s smoke and mirrors. With that said, physical evidence around and on John’s body said he was hit by her car. Obviously some jurors believed that to be the truth.
What does that (“proof of what the defense is saying about these jurors”) have to do with math and physics we were discussing?
As I said, throw everyone’s testimony out besides the experts. Now what?

Last edited:
During a blizzard. Later that day SERT found a few pieces and over the next few days as the snow melted…..this is what I would expect. They also didn’t find his sneaker until SERT showed up. The pieces were also ground level and there was a few inches of snow on John’s body. The car was arriving at the Sally Port at the time, so there is no way them piece were planted.

What does that (“proof of what the defense is saying an about these jurors”) have to do with math and physics we were discussing?
As I said,
the motion filed today about the jurors. Has nothing to do with it, my ADD brain. The math and physics mean nothing to me, as the next expert will say something totally different. The tail light pieces speak much louder in my book.

What would be a better expert? A PhD? An MD? All of those and more concluded KR did not hit JO.

I suspect that the jury had a juror or two who hung their hat early on some alleged evidence and refused to consider expert testimony or anything that refuted KR's guilt Sometimes you'll have that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back