MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's left? Well, without even attempting to predict what absolute madness will take place in that courtroom while Trooper Michael Proctor is sat in the witness box, the CW needs expert witnesses to prove:

- that a Lexus SUV travelling at 24mph colliding into a fully grown man can cause a significant amount of the injuries that were found on John O'Keefe's body
^^rsbm

Has the CW presented evidence about the vehicle traveling 24mph yet?

I just practiced this in my driveway! From a parked position, RPMs and torque aside, backing up at the rate of 24mph is not immediate and would require traveling several feet from what we've seen in front of the Albert house.

In other words, if backing up at 24MPH, I don't know how KR would have driven a distance past the flag pole where the road begins to curve, slipped into reverse, and not jumped the curb or where JO would not have seen and/or heard the SUV coming at him.

In my State, the School Zone speed limit is 20MPH where driving at or below 20 MPH gives people driving and children walking more time to see each other and react.

RSBM

Why did no one at 34 Fairview mention that Colin had been there?

How do you explain that omission?
I know most of you won’t believe this, but I believe it was said when they were asked who was there at the after party- they didn’t include CA bc he left when they all arrived and did t think he was relevant during the time in question . I could kind of understand that. But I’m not relevant in this scenario either .

State police. Canton was conflicted off the case before Karen's taillight was an issue.

It's confusing because her car was towed to Canton when it should have been brought to the state barracks in Middleboro (which is also much closer to Dighton, where the car was) but I'm going to guess there is a reason why that would make evidence gathering and planting more difficult for Proctor.
And without a search warrant!!!

my random thought for the moment does anyone actually believe Colin Albert has a curfew

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Hope everyone is having a nice sunday!
Idk. But I was out way past MN when I was his age, bars closed at 4am at that time, many moons ago lol.

Lab tested one, if I recall correctly
That lab girl with the short grey hair
Maureen Hartnett ( brown hair) the first lab tech to testify swabbed the contents of only one solo cup but it was never tested for dna.

“Jackson also asked Hartnett about the red Solo cups with blood evidence inside, asking if they were in any way labeled.

She said she did not notice them being labeled in any way.

Hartnett said she took two swabs from just one of the Solo cups, assuming they were all related. The rest of the blood evidence was left with Canton police.

"It was my understanding they were all taken from the same stain," she said.

No DNA testing was ever done on the blood swab, Hartnett said.”

Karen Read trial turns to physical evidence, including broken taillight

Lally and Bev looked rattled by the ask to show 10 sec of the material on the USB.
Jackson wanted the jury to be left with that content going into a 3 day weekend.
Yes. Should be interesting. Wonder if maybe someone was working on the vehicle? The taillight? Or are there other images of the vehicle? Entirely speculation only.MOO

my random thought for the moment does anyone actually believe Colin Albert has a curfew

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Hope everyone is having a nice sunday!
Having a curfew would not surprise me but I would not think it ever gets enforced.
I absolutely do not believe that when he gets home he goes into his parents bedroom and kisses his mom to let them know he is home.
The parents prob I imagine enjoy their many cocktails in the evening and sleep very “soundly” so that on any given night they have no idea when he gets home.
JMO

Yes. Should be interesting. Wonder if maybe someone was working on the vehicle? The taillight? Or are there other images of the vehicle? Entirely speculation only.MOO

Maybe the video is of them pulling out (because they had originally backed the SUV in) of the garage bay and then pulling back in.

IMO MOO (it's not fact that the SUV was originally backed in....just my theory.)

Back to the sallyport video for a moment. If you watch it in it's entirety, you'll notice a female officer come into the scene. I believe that's Kelly Dever, former Canton cop now with Boston PD. No one has mentioned her yet, but she is on the defense witness list. Apparently Officer Dever has some interesting observations about what went on in the sallyport with Karen's vehicle.

Kerry Roberts was a friend of John's. I think Karen called her to see if she'd heard from John that night. She signed up for the search, I guess.

The defense isn't done with Buk yet, and they're not done with the video issue. Love to know what is on that thumb drive Alan Jackson tried to produce that Lally claimed not to know about. Either way, I would expect a filing for a mistrial due to prosecutorial misconduct. Over to you, Bev.
I strongly doubt the D will file for a mistrial. The evidence and testimony so far has been so weak, the D has to feel they are winning. Why start over and give the CW a do over?

Back to the sallyport video for a moment. If you watch it in it's entirety, you'll notice a female officer come into the scene. I believe that's Kelly Dever, former Canton cop now with Boston PD. No one has mentioned her yet, but she is on the defense witness list. Apparently Officer Dever has some interesting observations about what went on in the sallyport with Karen's vehicle.

Yes, I saw that! Looking forward to what she has to say.

I wish AJ would have asked Bukhenik to user the laser pointer to point out the driver/passenger sides of the vehicle. That would have been epic!

JMO IMO
Why would that have been epic?
^^rsbm

Has the CW presented evidence about the vehicle traveling 24mph yet?

I just practiced this in my driveway! From a parked position, RPMs and torque aside, backing up at the rate of 24mph is not immediate and would require traveling several feet from what we've seen in front of the Albert house.

In other words, if backing up at 24MPH, I don't know how KR would have driven a distance past the flag pole where the road begins to curve, slipped into reverse, and not jumped the curb or where JO would not have seen and/or heard the SUV coming at him.

In my State, the School Zone speed limit is 20MPH where driving at or below 20 MPH gives people driving and children walking more time to see each other and react.
What if she went into reverse and her wheels spun in the snow? Could she actually have backed up 60 ft not always with the engine revved at 24mph? Like she hits the gas, car doesnt move , then catches pavement or something and she takes foot off the gas because she jumped the slippery. Anyone in snow areas probably knows what I mean in a way. Does the car computer show consistent 24mph up to 60 ft.. or was it.. gas.. engine rev.. tires are spinning.. catch..take foot of gas as roll back and then apply gas to back up a bit more. Just wondering how the auto computer reads since I know NOTHING about them and thinking that storm was pretty serious.. lots of slippy and spinning of tires. All assumptions and speculation on my part however

Why would that have been epic?

What if she went into reverse and her wheels spun in the snow? Could she actually have backed up 60 ft not always with the engine revved at 24mph? Like she hits the gas, car doesnt move , then catches pavement or something and she takes foot off the gas because she jumped the slippery. Anyone in snow areas probably knows what I mean in a way. Does the car computer show consistent 24mph up to 60 ft.. or was it.. gas.. engine rev.. tires are spinning.. catch..take foot of gas as roll back and then apply gas to back up a bit more. Just wondering how the auto computer reads since I know NOTHING about them and thinking that storm was pretty serious.. lots of slippy and spinning of tires. All assumptions and speculation on my part however

To your first question, Buhkenik answered all of the questions on direct like the car was in the proper position. Lally never brought up that it wasn't. Buhkenik never said so, either. If the first question the defense asked was for him to use the laser pointer and point out which side was actually the driver's side, it would have been epic because he'd either have to lie/continue the facade or tell the truth. Of course, in my opinion :).

As far as your second part, I do know what you mean, but don't think there was enough snow on the ground yet for her to be stuck or spinning her wheels.

IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member