MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is like some alternate reality where the best defense witnesses are the prosecution witnesses. You couldn't be faulted if you were ignorant of the American legal process, and found yourself asking "why does the defense get to go first?"

And it is almost every single witness brought up there. Makes me interested to see how the defense presents their case.

This trial has been unreal, the guffaws I guffawed today…I was beside myself and I work from home and my wife was out at work and I couldn’t talk with her, and as someone with a daughter and now that I’m older (hopefully wiser probably not) and being educated over the years on how difficult it is for women in life in general and the struggles men don’t have to have, I work a professional job I couldn’t imagine texting these things and I’m not an investigator who should know that I could be called at a trial and my information looked through

You best believe as soon as she got home I was all over her telling her about proctor

I am glad that Proctor testified though. When it wasn’t looking like he was going to, that Twitter/youtube FBI agent was downplaying the significance of a lead detective not testifying, claiming that it was pointless because he has “no first hand knowledge.”

I have never in my life seen a lead detective not testify, and downplaying it shows that you clearly have some sort of vested interest in gaslighting the public.

So I believe that this was a late decision, and the prosecution had initially decided on not calling him.

It’s really a no win situation, because the defense would have done that, and it would prevent you from getting ahead of it by drawing out the unsavory stuff yourself.

Despite all the lying, all the weird behavior by those at the house, the horrendous investigation, the issues I have with the prosecution theory, and mistake after mistake, I do believe it is far more probable than not that Karen Read did in fact hit John with her car.

But because of those things however, I couldn’t come close to convicting her on a single charge.

Despite all the lying, all the weird behavior by those at the house, the horrendous investigation, the issues I have with the prosecution theory, and mistake after mistake, I do believe it is far more probable than not that Karen Read did in fact hit John with her car.

But because of those things however, I couldn’t come close to convicting her on a single charge.

Are there one or two specific pieces of evidence that make you think this?

I've seen comments related to <modsnip - namecalling> Proctor commenting on KR's colostomy. Does she even have one? I thought his comment related to her.....anatomy....where you go #2. :) Like, saying she "leaks" from there, which I suppose could be a symptom of her illness (I know very little about Chrohn's or colitis). And I'm not interested in finding out details of her illness. I'm asking because how did HE know about her illness???

JMO MOO
There are a few ways he could have found out. One is JM because she and KR both had the same issues and discussed it with each other. Another way is MP's sister is friends with JA. And then there was a magazine article about her illness.
Under questioning by prosecutor Adam Lally, who introduced the texts, Proctor acknowledged that his messages were “unprofessional and regrettable” and said he shouldn’t have sent them. In other texts, he said he called Read a “nutbag” and wrote, “she’s got a leaky balloon knot. Leaks poo,” in reference to Read’s chronic illness. Read was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease at age 25 and at one point used a colostomy bag, according to an April profile in The Boston Globe.

I think the CW case was up to today on life support....now I agree TP was "fatal" to the CW case.
Part of the reason Proctor was so fatal was not just that he sunk himself but also the rest of the troopers in his office.

We learned today that Proctor sent several of those texts namecalling Karen and mentioning nudes to his superiors, including Yuri Bukhenik. And Yuri even liked a couple of the texts.

Knowing this, jurors will have to look back at Bukhenik's testimony with more skepticism.

Are there one or two specific pieces of evidence that make you think this?
I have to make a lot more leaps to believe in a conspiracy that large, than I do with him being ran into by a drunk angry lover.

But like I said, If I’m on that jury I’m asking “why the hell are we even here?”

This is so nasty it is almost clinical. I bet he ran into problems of “me and my big mouth” type before, and not all his friends consider him funny; someone could have, or had, a relative with colostomy, after all. But he is uneducable in this regard. I think they’ll let him go, even if he has some redeeming qualities, for example, is a hard worker. But public display of callousness is not something people tend to forgive.
Most people I know don’t worry about disparaging a killer.

And the most compelling evidence to me is the fact we have no good evidence. Why didn’t they ever take a clear picture of this all important taillight?
It's weird that we saw very clear pictures of the back of John O'Keefe's car today, yet none of the back of Karen's SUV, which was supposedly the murder weapon.

How could it not occur to the cops to photograph it?

Or maybe they did they photograph it, but the picture didn't match up with what they needed for a conviction.

Read woke the niece on the night O’Keefe died and asked that she contact people to inquire about O’Keefe’s whereabouts. In aninterview with Norfolk Advocates for Children, the niece "indicated ... that the defendant changed her story several times while speaking to Ms. McCabe on the phone, with initially the defendant stating that she and the victim got into an argument and she dropped him off," said a statement of case filed in the case and obtained by Inside Edition Digital. The niece also said Read was “screaming and acting frantic” that morning.

On the stand Tuesday, the niece said she saw Read when she came to pick up some things after O’Keefe’s body had been discovered. The niece testified that Read said "she was living a nightmare." Read then left the home and never saw or contacted the nephew or niece ever again, both testified on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773