MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying that the jury sees through all of this and delivers a full acquittal.
I think that will possibly happen.
His injuries were not consistent with a vehicle impact, simple as.

That has to be the starting point and the finishing point.

However even if Karen is acquitted, it still leaves a dead victim whose death was inadequately investigated and too much time has passed by now, disappeared phones, disappeared dogs, disappeared basement floors and every single thing else that could have placed him in that house that night.

That doesn't seem right.
He never stood a chance.

Neither did she when all kinds of fantastical rationale is being applied to every move she makes.

I think they loved each other. That was going badly but no more badly than the age old dynamics that occur during the course of normal relationships..

Ok so you are not even interested in what evidence the defense presents?
I’m watching and they are definitely raising doubts but they don’t really have evidence, just showing all the mistakes the police made. Some mistakes I can understand, others was just down right sloppy. I seen the people in the house as pretty consistent, where I know others didn’t. Some things were a little off but after so long, I wouldn’t expect them to be spot on. I think KR’s attorneys are very good.

I was wondering about that too.

• It appears KR and JO arrive at 12:24 AM
  • At 12:27 JMcC texts him “Here?”
  • At 12:29 JMcC calls JO, he answers and they have an 8 minute conversation (probably just her asking if he reached the house and he says yes)
  • At 12:31 JMcC texts him and says to park behind her
  • At some point the vehicle RN was in moves from behind KR and passes her. Both he and HM see KR alone in the vehicle with the light on and on her phone. They do not see JO either inside or outside KR’d vehicle, let alone standing behind it.
  • At some point JM must have seen KR’s vehicle because she correctly identified that it was parked to the left, next to the flagpole and fire hydrant
  • At 12:33 KR calls JO, it goes unanswered. She must leave after a minute or two to get back to JO’s by 12:41 (implied by MP’s testimony about the Ring Camera and KR’s voicemail mentioned in the defense’s motion to dismiss)
  • KR says she sees KR pull away even though we know it had to be much earlier than 12:45 she identified if KR is already at JO’s by 12:41
  • At 12:40 JM texts JO “Here?”
  • At 12:42 JM texts JO “where are you”
  • At 12:45 JM texts JO “Hello”
  • Between 12:40-and 12:59 JM calls JO multiple times. These calls go unanswered.

You would think that if she saw KR’s vehicle until 12:45 and JO never get out she wouldn’t have to ask him where he was because she would assume he would still be in the car. You would also think she would ask “why did you leave” instead of “hello” at 12:45 since she states that is the time she states she sees KR drive off

When I read the timeline laid out like that it looks like JO went in the house around 12:24 and immediately got waylaid/assaulted so that he couldn’t answer JRs text at 12:33. It also seems possible to me that odious JM may not have realized right away that he was waylaid after he came into the house hence her texts and calls up to and around 12:40. Certainly by the time she did her infamous Google search she knew though.

When I read the timeline laid out like that it looks like JO went in the house around 12:24 and immediately got waylaid/assaulted so that he couldn’t answer JRs text at 12:33. It also seems possible to me that odious JM may not have realized right away that he was waylaid after he came into the house hence her texts and calls up to and around 12:40. Certainly by the time she did her infamous Google search she knew though.
That’s a good point! Your comment reminded me too that they were likely playing music and very lively at that point and the main entrance is actually through a foyer so it is very possible he could have came in without attracting attention or JM noticing.

But others did…..so it goes round and round. It comes down to what more likely happened, with what we got.
No it doesn't go round and round. The chain of evidence and botched investigation is enough proof of her innocence along with the lying witnesses, trashed phones, and so much more already discussed. IMO

I’m watching and they are definitely raising doubts but they don’t really have evidence, just showing all the mistakes the police made. Some mistakes I can understand, others was just down right sloppy. I seen the people in the house as pretty consistent, where I know others didn’t. Some things were a little off but after so long, I wouldn’t expect them to be spot on. I think KR’s attorneys are very good.

Did any of the texts really jump out at you ?
The text telling his sister (a person forget name??) from the house was involved but dont tell anyone?
The gift when it was all over?
What specifically was presented today to the jury that makes you think the "defense has their work cut out for them"?
the DNA evidence. In my opinion she is not guilty, and there was a massive cover up. But there was matching DNA MOO

The defense hasn't presented yet, they've only done cross-examination. Their whole job is to shoot down the prosecution. That's exactly what they've been doing, and they've been doing it VERY well. It's not the defense's job to prove the case.
IMO

Completely agree on the reasonable doubt comment- A juror cannot tell when her tail light was broken and that search time is going to be difficult to explain technically

However- here it is so far in favor of her guilt

LE places her at the scene that night with testimony and video
LE establishes his phone activity stops when she leaves the scene (he didn't send or answer anything)
LE establishes through testimony of occupants that he never entered the 34F home (all are lying?)
LE establishes she was likely drunk by testimony and video
Le establishes he was likely drunk by testimony and video
LE establishes he died by blunt force trauma and hypothermia via the ME
LE establishes she speculated out loud that she may have hit him at the scene
LE establishes her tail light is broken (did a terrible job proving when it was broken)
LE finds pieces of tail light at the scene and on the victim's clothing
Lab establishes it is the same material as the Lexus tail light and some of the pieces fit together
Lab finds victim's DNA on the tail light
There were 6 Solo cups of John’s DNA sitting in an open bag right next to the taillight. You think an officer couldn’t have put a finger in one and wiped it across the taillight?

No it doesn't go round and round. The chain of evidence and botched investigation is enough proof of her innocence along with the lying witnesses, trashed phones, and so much more already discussed. IMO
That’s your opinion and I respect it. I don’t feel it’s enough to prove her innocence but it is enough to create doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02