MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe the father still hasn't been charged. He is just as guilty in my opinion. He lived there, he knew what it looked like, he knew and ALLOWED his children to live in that filth and did nothing to change the situation. The fact the he slept in the basement does not exclude him from responsibility. Disgusting.

Over 50% of the 2nd floor has to have all new drywall due to the amount of feces contamination.

No need for new drywall. Just burn it to the ground. (or bulldoze if too contaminated) ...and honestly? I don't think a new house should be built there. Turn the lot into a memorial garden or something.

No need for new drywall. Just burn it to the ground. (or bulldoze if too contaminated) ...and honestly? I don't think a new house should be built there. Turn the lot into a memorial garden or something.

I think that is what they are going to have to evaluate - whether this home will continue to present a health hazard to the community, if it can be rehabilitated, or even if it should be. They tore down the home that they found those 3 women living with that monster who held them captive for a decade - maybe they will do the same here. If not for the infant and animal deaths in this home - I would have loved to see it turned into a child play center with a safe place that offers parenting and counseling services.

So very tragic for all involved. Even Rivera's sister (homeowner) will bear some of the costs of the tragedy's that occurred here. Sadly, the babies were the ultimate victims - and I dare say the ones that lived have the longest road ahead of them. In some ways, I am almost glad that there weren't 3 more babies having to live in that environment (please don't beat me for saying that).

The level of EM's lack of compassion for the babies and animals completely befuddles me. This is the very thing that allows sociopaths to kill without remorse! Could she not see the world through those babies eyes? Could she not put her in their place and attempt to experience what it might be like for them hour after hour, day after day? Neighborhood children have said EM would allow animals into the home in inclimate weather but not other humans (who could speak about their experience). She allowed animals to live on the main floor with her other children, but she never allowed the 5 mo old or the 3 y/o?

One report on wbz who interviewed the neighbor who called for help stated both babies were malnourished and who knows when they had been fed last. Both babies are girls - despite the neighbor initially thinking the 3 y/o was a boy. The only humans these children have ever seen before that day were EM and possibly the 10 & 13 y/o. The Father might have seen the babies once in awhile and if so - wouldn't you think he would be alarmed by their appearance and knowing that something was not right with those children?

I say this with love...please get help. If not for yourself, then for your children. That's not fair to them. It's really unhealthy for them, mentally as much as physically...not to mention if they say something at school or someone finds out....I'm sure you're at the point of being overwhelmed & it's hard to even know where to start. Flylady is a great place to start for crisis cleaning. Again, I say it with WS love. If you are near me, I will help you. :) I had a aunt who was exactly in the same position. Everyone needs a good friend, even someone to share the crappy stuff with...You deserve a neat (not Martha Stewart) home to relax in..instead of being anxious just looking around.

Today, just clean the kitchen sink. Nothing more. xo
http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/crisis-cleaning/

My house actually gets cleaned top to bottom almost every Sunday. It's a group effort. Of course, it doesn't take much to get messy, we are five in 700sq ft.

Comments from her FB page haunt me. She posted numerous comments about food cooking and how "the house smells so good", she commented that "some people should not be parents", and posts about a missing 2 y/o child, or how no parent should ever have to face the loss of a child, and expressed sadness at the drowning of a 4 y/o. She posted last Feb. "homework done. . .dishes done. . . dinner started". Her friends comment on her domestic chores and she replies that it is not hard.

Pictures of 3 "grown up grilled cheese" sandwiches made with Brie that her "family loves", along with the picture of spanish rice make me sickened when I think of what they found those babies having to endure. Did she feed the babies those Martha Stewart meals that she boasted about making? Or did she just feed them with maggot infested bottles?

At the very least, she fooled many people and she was good at it for a very long time. Whether this was a "survival" instinct for herself and her older children -

The more that comes out about this, the worse I feel for this poor lady. She's obviously deeply troubled by mental illness.

We need to wait for the autopsies to come back on the dead children before we burn her at the stake.
I really don't think she "did" anything to harm her kids (i.e. intentionally).

This is a poor analogy, but many cats (mine and not-mine) in my neighborhood will come have kittens at my place. I guess they know I'l feed them. Sometimes the strongest and biggest of a litter will just drop dead at a couple weeks of age. The "runts" will sometimes die also, but they can also grow to thrive as well as any. That just shows how unpredictable life (especially early life) is.

She was obviously scared and trying to do the best that she could under her circumstances. Her boyfriend apparently couldn't deal with her "eccentricities" and had moved out of her living quarters. If he didn't notice her pregnancies, who else would?

I think she just tried to raise these kids like she did because she was scared to acknowledge even having the (deceased) kids for one reason or another. Real reason of just one in her head. They are all real to her.

The FB page is down so I was not able to see the pics folks are commenting on. IF this woman is a compulsive hoarder, IF she is/will be diagnosed as such, the problem is way more complex than mere neglect. Compulsive hoarders have incredibly complex pathologies. I am curious and feeling super sad about the entire ordeal.

The more that comes out about this, the worse I feel for this poor lady. She's obviously deeply troubled by mental illness.

We need to wait for the autopsies to come back on the dead children before we burn her at the stake.
I really don't think she "did" anything to harm her kids (i.e. intentionally).

This is a poor analogy, but many cats (mine and not-mine) in my neighborhood will come have kittens at my place. I guess they know I'l feed them. Sometimes the strongest and biggest of a litter will just drop dead at a couple weeks of age. The "runts" will sometimes die also, but they can also grow to thrive as well as any. That just shows how unpredictable life (especially early life) is.

She was obviously scared and trying to do the best that she could under her circumstances. Her boyfriend apparently couldn't deal with her "eccentricities" and had moved out of her living quarters. If he didn't notice her pregnancies, who else would?

I think she just tried to raise these kids like she did because she was scared to acknowledge even having the (deceased) kids for one reason or another. Real reason of just one in her head. They are all real to her.

Sorry, I have the stake and matches at the ready.

IMO allowing feral cats to breed and struggle for survival is NOT nature at work. It's irresponsible human beings neglect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My house actually gets cleaned top to bottom almost every Sunday. It's a group effort. Of course, it doesn't take much to get messy, we are five in 700sq ft.

In my home, if I went one day without doing some sort of cleaning (my last 2 kids home are teenage boys lol) it would be overwhelming & their bathroom would be condemned. Sometimes, as a mom, it just can't be a group effort for everyone's well being.

I just read this article, for anyone interested. Warning on language. There are numerous screen shots of her FB.

So this whole thing that’s going on in Blackstone right now might be the most insane story I’ve ever heard. In case you haven’t seen in the news here’s a run down of what’s known:
http://turtleboysports.com/2014/09/...o-is-the-fact-her-boyfriend-isnt-in-jail-too/

Darn I wanted to read it. Link gone. I like bad language as well :)

I just read this article, for anyone interested. Warning on language. There are numerous screen shots of her FB.

So this whole thing that’s going on in Blackstone right now might be the most insane story I’ve ever heard. In case you haven’t seen in the news here’s a run down of what’s known:
http://turtleboysports.com/2014/09/...o-is-the-fact-her-boyfriend-isnt-in-jail-too/

Since this is not MSM I will take with a grain of salt.

I have 0 sympathies. Mental illness or not (I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon, let the professionals sort it out) she had the ability to project a normal, clean appearance on the outside of her home, on FB, etc. I think she probably could have figured out how to get rid of a live child w/o killing it w/o anyone noticing. Safe baby drop points w/in how many feet of her house? Neighbor's front step? Anything would have been better than leaving two babies upstairs to die a slow, painful, cruel death.

NO SYMPATHY FOR HER.

I am not a professional either, but have seen first hand the results of compulsive hoarding and mental illness. I know what it does, and it does exactly this. I am as aghast as the next person, but I want her evaluated by competent folks. There is something way amiss here. Way out there. More than her, I want the father arrested. Now. Today. He -unless we find otherwise- suffers from nothing but carelessness.

I say this with love...please get help. If not for yourself, then for your children. That's not fair to them. It's really unhealthy for them, mentally as much as physically...not to mention if they say something at school or someone finds out....I'm sure you're at the point of being overwhelmed & it's hard to even know where to start. Flylady is a great place to start for crisis cleaning. Again, I say it with WS love. If you are near me, I will help you. :) I had a aunt who was exactly in the same position. Everyone needs a good friend, even someone to share the crappy stuff with...You deserve a neat (not Martha Stewart) home to relax in..instead of being anxious just looking around.

Today, just clean the kitchen sink. Nothing more. xo
http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/crisis-cleaning/

FlyLady saved my house and my mind! I love, love, love her!

IMO the house must have had working electricity and running water. Only the neighbor who rescued the babies said there was not, and it may have been an assumption based on no working lights upstairs plus the extreme mess.
From the news articles, the pot in the basement was under a (working) grow light which indicates electricity. If her FB photos of cooking rice and grilled cheese sandwiches were really taken by her in her kitchen, that would mean the stove was working (guess it could be gas).

If there was no running water, the toilets would stop flushing, and I've only seen reports of feces where the babies and diapers were. In a house that size there was probably no bathroom at all on the second floor, but it seems likely there was a working bath on the ground floor for the 2 adults and 2 older kids to use. They appear clean in all photos, and friends and family would have noticed if they did not have water for washing etc. IMO

I am not a professional either, but have seen first hand the results of compulsive hoarding and mental illness. I know what it does, and it does exactly this. I am as aghast as the next person, but I want her evaluated by competent folks. There is something way amiss here. Way out there. More than her, I want the father arrested. Now. Today. He -unless we find otherwise- suffers from nothing but carelessness.

BBM, Yes! Me too! There is no excuse, absolutely none.

I am in NO WAY making excuses for this woman but I gave birth at home to my stillborn daughter at 7.5 months. I ended up having her in the toilet without waking my roommate.. I didn't realize what was happening until I pretty much had her.. Imoo it's possible to give birth undetected, especially when doing it intentionally.

Z&BsMommy :grouphug:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018