MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO the house must have had working electricity and running water. Only the neighbor who rescued the babies said there was not, and it may have been an assumption based on no working lights upstairs plus the extreme mess.
From the news articles, the pot in the basement was under a (working) grow light which indicates electricity. If her FB photos of cooking rice and grilled cheese sandwiches were really taken by her in her kitchen, that would mean the stove was working (guess it could be gas).

If there was no running water, the toilets would stop flushing, and I've only seen reports of feces where the babies and diapers were. In a house that size there was probably no bathroom at all on the second floor, but it seems likely there was a working bath on the ground floor for the 2 adults and 2 older kids to use. They appear clean in all photos, and friends and family would have noticed if they did not have water for washing etc. IMO

Yes, in one of the first live press conferences, on my local channel, they stated the house had running water & electricity which was going to be disconnected before cleaning crews went in...

Duh. Lol. I should have looked.

Those e-mails worked my LAST NERVE!
Who does she think she is telling me when to go to bed? lol

Ha. Lots of people say that...now you can set the amount of emails & what kind.

I'm sure this woman has mental illness, but she was totally aware of what she was doing. I know she knew because she went to great lengths to hide what was wrong and present a different life to everyone. I have no sympathy for her. She just did what she wanted to do and got caught.

I agree. 100%.

Am I the only one that is hopeful that the babies just need love and affection? I think both of those would go so far to aid in their healing. I just want to hold them, cuddle them, take them to my kiddos bedrooms (full of toys) and just let them play. I want to take them to the park and out for ice cream, all the things I do without reservation with my own babies. I want them to know love.

And yes I'm cuddling my 4 y/o to sleep tonight, just because I can.

I don't that anyone will actually know "why or how" it happened - in the end. What we do know is that she raised 4 babies in an uninhabitable home, she kept secrets that endanged 2 babies lives, and she didn't meet the 2 babies basic needs to not only survive but also thrive, and she had the ability to meet 2 more children's needs so as not arouse interest by the community.

I am just not "feeling the love" that a diagnosis of mental illness will explain away her behaviors. She will have to explain herself because despite the "autopsy" results on the deceased infants, she still didn't seek appropriate pre-natal care which could have prevented fetal distress leading to miscarriage or still birth.

Again, I am only basing my opinion on proven facts that she committed crimes by endangering children, lived in substandard housing - despite the resources to ameliorate that, and "concealed the death of children out of wedlock" - which on the face appears to be true.

My opinion only, but I think that explaining this away as being "mental illness" actually harms those who struggle with significant issues of mental health. Those that take their medications regularly, attend therapeutic appointments to achieve better functioning, and really try hard to control their disability in appropriate and productive ways deserve to be credited for more than just having a "label". It is all about learning how to deal with and overcome their struggles so that they have control over those factors and not allowing the illness control them. All of these options were always available for EM if she chose to seek assitance for herself and her children. Sometimes I think Mental Illness can be a "catch all" phrase for explaining those things that we don't know how to explain or understand.

I do sympathize with those who suffer from mental illness but also understand that it has become a seeming "catch all" place for us (society) to put things we find unfathomable and it is so much easier to believe someone would behave in ways that are unfathomable if there is an explanation such as they could not help themselves. Also IMO very easy to explain horrible neglect of failure to act in situations of abuse due to fear or abusive partner. But I cringe each time it comes up because as a mother, I would die trying to protect my babies and have a really hard time with those who are paralyzed. It is very complicated, it is case by case and I struggle with my feelings on such mitigators. Just being honest. Very difficult to place myself in other's shoes because I know myself. I know what I would be doing in those shoes. I truly feel that. And often it differs from what the accused have done in those shoes.

I see both sides. But just because something is unfathomable to me, does not make it mental illness IMO because I see unfathomable cruelty, abuse and neglect every day all day on these threads.

Has her attorney requested psych eval yet? Very interested in that if one is done.

My opinion only, but I think that explaining this away as being "mental illness" actually harms those who struggle with significant issues of mental health
I think some people are just plain evil. I cannot think of another word that can describe what she did. She went to great pains to hide these kids. According to one report the older 2 did not realize the younger two were even their siblings; they and the dumbass waste-of-life dad were told she was babysitting for a friends. Apparently she was a very good friend because this went on for THREE years.
Erika Murray’s court-appointed attorney, Wellesley lawyer Keith Halpern told the Boston Globe that “she lived in terror” of her partner learning about the dead children she had allegedly hidden from him.
. . . .Ramon Rivera III, originally of Framingham, reportedly fathered two children with Murray before telling her they could not afford any further additions to their family.

So, she didn't want her boyfriend to know about the kids because he said they couldn't afford them. But they could afford to supposedly look after someone else's kids????? Can anyone explain that to me?

This case is truly befuddling. I don't think we'll ever have a satisfactory explanation. In the darkest depths of depravity, I still can't think of a reason to stash 3 dead babies and NOT care for two others (while living with two older children and a boyfriend). Who allowed her to do this? I usually go for personal responsibility, but there was obviously more than one player in action here. W T F?

There were two horrifically abused & neglected babies in that house...

"Picking on" their mother? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's Nancy? :waitasec:

I can't begin to wrap my mind around this case. Three infants dead in the house, too close to the story out of of Pleasant Grove, UT with the 7dead babies in the garage.

Not to mention the filth. That house will have to be torn down. Jmo

ciao

According to RR's former co-worker, he knew about the condition of the house back in 2009. Hopefully I can post the link correctly:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ead-animals/Rlti2fApL84Q65q8FDLNvO/story.html

FWIW, I read a comment on an MSM story that a former resident (prior to EM/RR) that there is a door from the basement to the outside.
She cared for this coworker's baby? Who knew about his marijuana use and the state of their home?? She sounds very sympathetic to dad and not nearly horrified about her baby being in that situation!

I think some people are just plain evil. I cannot think of another word that can describe what she did. She went to great pains to hide these kids. According to one report the older 2 did not realize the younger two were even their siblings; they and the dumbass waste-of-life dad were told she was babysitting for a friends. Apparently she was a very good friend because this went on for THREE years.

What ever happened to some people are just A-holes/monsters? Now if someone does something unthinkable = mental illness. Never "they were just a horrible person".

Abuse children or even murder them = Depression, Bi Polar disorder, ADHD, SAD, etc etc etc

Cheat on your spouse= Sex Addiction

Shoot someone= "they were just turning their life around."

Sex Predator = PTSD.

And a million more.

I remember a day when people were held accountable and few excuses were made. Now it's automatic. I think it's an outright insult to truly mentally ill people.

I can recall one true case of maternal insanity...Andrea Yates.

"WBZ-TV’s Kate Merrill tracked Kristina Rivera down Tuesday night. She refused to talk about her brother, her condemned house or the $25,000 she now owes for the cleanup.

“She’s on a $50 a day violation, and she was served on Friday,” said Bill Walsh of the Blackstone Board of Health"

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...-to-an-end-mother-in-prison-treatment-center/

I bet she is kicking herself for not checking on her home and trying to do something to help previously!

"WBZ-TV’s Kate Merrill tracked Kristina Rivera down Tuesday night. She refused to talk about her brother, her condemned house or the $25,000 she now owes for the cleanup.

“She’s on a $50 a day violation, and she was served on Friday,” said Bill Walsh of the Blackstone Board of Health"

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...-to-an-end-mother-in-prison-treatment-center/

There's a picture of him in that video. That's the first time I've seen a picture of him.

Why oh why is the father not being charged with allowing his two children to live on the first floor of such a filthy house? It sounds like he was a turtle - kept his head in the shell except for times of intimacy!
How could the smells from the second floor NOT seep downstairs?

I just don't believe he was as deaf, dumb, and ignorant as is being portrayed!

My opinions only!

I was looking through the picture gallery of Dad's basement & coffee table. I became angry @ him when I saw the Nighttime Cold/cough syrup, the anti-biotic cream, the "Smart Relief" TENS unit (to relieve pain), etc. These things would not normally upset me as they are items usually found in every home and not really noteworthy - unless . . . . you can put ointments on yourself, take meds, and use devices to alleviate your pain while allowing your children to endure such horrendous horrors living just feet above you! I know he has claimed he didn't know about the infants on the 2nd floor - but what about the 10 y/o & 13 y/o? Could you not also put their needs above your own?

I can't understand how he did not know. IMO that's impossible. If my cat accidentally gets closed in an upstairs bedroom...he makes enough noise to be heard all the way downstairs and above the sound of the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back