MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if these post of the tweets are jumbled. I am following a mired of people now tweeting. The tweets are not always in order. I hope you can make sense of them.

tia

Alysha Palumbo NBC10 Boston‏Verified account @AlyshaNBCBoston
Back from morning break and the next witness is @MassStatePolice Trooper Shawn Murphy, previously assigned to the Worcester DA’s office. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy interviewed Murray at the Northbridge Police Dept. in September 2014 @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy says he audio recorded an interview with Murray on 9/11/14 @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

The police audio recording of Murray’s interview on 9/11/14 is being played now. She is not under arrest at the time, but is read Miranda rights before the interview. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray begins listing birthdates and names of her children - 4 of them. She says she gave birth to the last 2 at home. She’s laughing as she describes “I just went with it.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says Ray Rivera is the father of all 4 children. Murray says the youngest 2 have no birth records, never went to the doctor. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says once DCF took her kids, they went to live with Ray Rivera’s mom in Douglas. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she hadn’t seen Ray since police entered their home: “we just decided to just for now work on ourselves...I haven’t talked to him since then.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “any particular reason you didn’t take them to a doctor?” Murray: “no not really” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she thinks she gave birth in the bathroom, the only bathroom in the home. Murphy: “what did you do with the placenta and stuff?” Murray: “We just got rid of that, threw it in the trash” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray is still nervously laughing throughout, she finally says Ray “didn’t know” she had the babies. Murphy presses how he couldn’t know since babies cry: “is Ray deaf?” Murray: no @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray had originally said all 4 kids were on Ray’s insurance and listed as dependents on his taxes. She is effortlessly contradicting herself in this recorded police interview. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray: “It was just a normal day just cleaning or doing whatever.” Murphy: “cleaning the house?!” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she bottle fed the babies, would sell craft stuff and buy baby formula as needed. She admits she would leave the kids at home and walk to the store. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says her older kids didn’t know her younger kids were hers: “yeah they just thought that I was babysitting...that’s what I told them...I was just scared and nervous.” (Murray begins to cry on the recording.) @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “Have you had any other children? Any children that didn’t survive?” Murray: “no” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “Did Ray say he didn’t want any more kids?” Murray: “He said that plenty of times.” She explains he was really upset to learn about the 2 other children when all of this was exposed. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “was he in denial that you successfully hid 3 kids from him? Murray: “two kids...I don’t know.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “did Ray think you were babysitting?” Murray: “I don’t know.” Murphy: “Do you think it’s strange?” Murray: “yeah...but I got into it and I just didn’t know how to get out of it.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “Umbilical cord, how did you cut that?” Murray: “Just with scissors.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “no other children that you gave birth to, no other miscarriages?” Murray: “no.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “We went through your house, it’s very, very unsanitary...rodents, fleas” Murray: “yeah” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray admits during the police interview that she hasn’t seen a doctor in 10 years, since she was pregnant with her son. She claims the older two children have been going to a pediatrician in Northbridge. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray continues to nervously laugh throughout this police interview audio recording. It’s unsettling at times as she nonchalantly describes the 2 kids she never took out of her home. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “I’m in disbelief that you’ve had two children in that house who have never had to see a doctor, never got sick?” Murray: “Yeah I consider them (or I’m) pretty lucky.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police press her on what she thinks is going on right now and why she’s in trouble. Murray: “That I didn’t tell anybody about the youngest two and that the house was bad.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says her boyfriend Ray would go to work at Staples from 8:30am-8pm, then on nights/weekends he would just sit downstairs, listen to music and watch sports. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she lived in her parents’ house until she was 20 and got pregnant with her oldest child. Then she and Ray moved into his sister’s Blackstone home. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “Can you think of anybody who came to your house?” Murray: “No” - She says her older kids had friends but would go over the friends’ houses. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “How did this all come about?” Murray: “I’m not 100% sure.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says when she came home from picking up her oldest daughter from her mom’s house, police were at her home. (On Aug 28, 2014) @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says it had been “a while...months” since she had cleaned the 2nd floor, “but downstairs I would pick up...I was never an overly neat person.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she will voluntarily give a DNA sample to prove the younger two children are hers. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says Ray buys the groceries, pays the bills, buys the kids’ clothing, doesn’t give her money - “I would repurpose furniture...to buy formula” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she would sell the furniture & crafts on Facebook and Craigslist. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she only posted pictures of the older two children on Facebook, not any of the younger two, says she is tagged in most photos on her page, doesn’t post often. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “We found some skeletal remains up there of a child” Murray: “I had no idea.” Murphy: “did you give birth in a closet at any time?” Murray: “no...I haven’t been in the closets in a long time.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “something happened right?” Murray: “yeah it just wasn’t born alive.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray: “It was just normal, it just wasn’t alive.” Murphy: “you just put it in the closet and what were you going to do?” Murray: “I don’t know. I just panicked.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murphy: “Is there anything else in there?” Murray: “no” Murphy: “I just want you to be honest with me...if there’s any other children...it would just be helpful for you to tell me” Murray: “no” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray: “It came out and it was blue, it was just not -“ Police: “It was not breathing” Murray: “yeah” - she says she doesn’t remember the sex of the baby. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

An officer calls her out for “an unbelievable story.” Murray: “I panicked, I didn’t know what to think, they weren’t breathing, they weren’t alive...I didn’t feel a heartbeat.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray: the dead baby was born before 3yo & 5 month old. Murray: “I just wasn’t thinking.” Police: “not thinking is not a good answer...were you afraid of something?” Murray: “I was afraid because I didn’t tell anybody, no one knew” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she gave birth in the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping. Murray: “I didn’t know what to do.” She says she didn’t know to clear the child’s airway, didn’t give CPR, cut the umbilical cord @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says she wrapped the baby’s remains in a towel and put it in an upstairs closet. Police: “did you smell anything coming from that closet?” Murray: “no” Police: “do you think this is normal?” Murray: “No.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray keeps looking down as this police interview is played. It’s more than an hour at this point. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “Were your children sleeping in that room when you put it in the closet?” Murray: “Um no...yeah...they would sleep on the couch at some times.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says the 5 month old never had a crib, would sleep on a bed with pillows around her. She said the 3yo has never talked, walks when she’s with her, “she cries, she laughs” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray says of Ray: “He started to question me recently and I just told him I was babysitting.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police press Murray on being truthful with them “it doesn’t make sense, it’s something like a horror movie...almost unbelievable.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “Is there any other explanation for us?” Murray: “no I’m being 100% truthful.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “what was your plan?” Murray: “I didn’t have a plan I just took it day by day.” Police: “you’d need social security numbers...” Murray: “I didn’t know how to do that” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray: “I had just been in this situation and I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know who to trust, who to tell.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: “Are we missing anything at this point?” Murray: “No.” Police: “You don’t suffer from any mental illness or anything like that?” Murray: “Not that I know of.@NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Back from the lunch break, we are hearing more audio of the police interview with Erika Murray, after the discovery of 2 neglected children and a set of infant remains. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Police: Did Ray know you were pregnant? Murray: No @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray said Ray did the laundry. Police: so who did the babies’ laundry? Murray: no one @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back