MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  1. Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV 4h4 hours ago
    Brown: Discovered toddler in dark, trash-covered room on second floor. Toddler was covered in filth on mattress that was sunken from feces and urine. “She had feces covering her” @wpri12

2. Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV 4h4 hours ago
    Brown: Went to Murray’s house after her son said they “couldn’t get the babies to stop crying”. Brown asked Murray’s son how she could help, he took her inside house. “Horrible, overcoming smell. The worst smell I’ve ever smelled” @wpri12

It seems that they have concluded for the day according to tweets from another reporter.

That's crazy! It's early afternoon. Since it's not a jury trial maybe they're accommodating the judges schedule. So frustrating!

EM asked about her freaking cat when told DCF was taking her kids. Whaaaaa?! Oi vey!

1. Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV 4h4 hours ago
    Court in a brief recess. I’m stepping out to prepare to recap this morning’s testimony at noon on @wpri12. @KimKalunian will stay in the courtroom — follow her for updates

2. Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV 4h4 hours ago
    Prosecution shows photos of the baby and toddler. Brown is emotional viewing the photos, describes their soiled faces and clothing. “They had feces up their backs. It was everywhere.” @wpri12

3. Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV 4h4 hours ago
    Brown says they babies were so filthy she took her own shirt off to try to clean them up @wpri12

Julianne Lima‏ @JulianneLimaTV
Julianne Lima Retweeted Julianne Lima

NOTE: I asked prosecution how many witnesses they plan to call. They have about 20 on their list @wpri12
6hrs ago

Here is the prosecution’s full witness list for Erika Murray’s murder trial: 26 people total @wpri12

D8TMA1-XUAEIuUn.jpg

Julianne Lima@JulianneLimaTV
Second day of testimony begins in Erika Murray’s murder trial. The Blackstone mom is accused of killing two of her babies, neglecting two other children @wpri12

D8TRqIhXYAAAu1G.jpg

5hrs ago

Julianne Lima@JulianneLimaTV
Gilmore questioned if children found upstairs were Murray’s or if she was babysitting them. “She [Murray] told me she did in fact give birth to those two children...she told me she was embarrassed to have them and couldn’t afford them.” @wpri12

Gilmore says search interrupted when flying bugs started collecting on their clothing inside Murray’s home @wpri12

Acting @BlackstonePD Chief says there is a “baby safe haven” sign on police department right next door to Murray’s house. Sign offers help to parents with an unwanted child @wpri12

Defense now cross-examining Gilmore, asks about Murray’s demeanor during discussion. “I was surprised by her lack of emotion.” @wpri12

Prosecution calls fifth witness, William Walsh. In 2014 he was a code enforcement officer, plumbing/gas inspector, and Chairman of the Blackstone Board of Health @wpri12

D8Td-EkUIAA6MXa.jpg

D8Td-EpUcAIVTCz.jpg

Walsh went to Murray’s home on August 28, 2014. “A lot of clutter, kitchen sink overfilled with filthy dishes, the bathroom area was uninhabitable” @wpri12

Walsh went upstairs into room where one child was allegedly being held. “The odor was sickening... the smell was just indescribable.” Says he saw a dead dog, piles of debris, feces on the walls @wpri12

Walsh condemned the house: “Between the smell, the amount of debris, the fecal material all over the house and bedrooms... no human could live in that house.” @wpri12

D8TgVClUEAQisVL.jpg

Walsh returned to house on Sept. 11, 2014: “The floors were soaked in urine through the rugs, the sheet rock was full of feces.” @wpri12

Defense now cross-examining Walsh. Walsh confirms there was running water and electricity in the house @wpri12

Defense: Outside you met Erika and you said “I don’t know how you can live here”, and she replied “yeah it’s a little bit dirty, I need to clean it up.” @wpri12

Prosecution calls 6th witness: Kevin Sullivan, Blackstone Regional Animal Control Officer. He’s held the position since 2008 @wpri12

D8Tjl7zUEAYXc-7.jpg

Sullivan was brought into Murray’s basement in Aug. 2014 where he saw a bloodhound in a crate. Says the dog was very thin, had large areas of fur missing, growths, eyes sunken in. “It wasn’t pleasant to see.” @wpri12

I'm so interested in how this plays out. They keep bringing up EM's flat affect. However, she KNEW right from wrong. I was all over her social media before it all disappeared. You could tell she went to great lengths to cover things.

I feel she'll be found guilty. The question is.... how will all the mental health issues impact sentencing?

Someone told me that WBZ was streaming it yesterday. However I have yet to find it on YouTube, Twitter, or FB. Has anyone found a live stream?

Kait Walsh‏Verified account @KaitLouiseWalsh
Blackstone Regional Animal Control Officer Kevin Sullivan on the stand now describing his discovery of a bloodhound found in a crate in the basement of Erika Murray’s house. Said dog had scabs, large patches of fur missing, fleas, sunken eyes with “gook” @wpri12

Sullivan said Murray went back to house and she gave him her cat. Brought both to the shelter. Murray allegedly told Sullivan she didn’t think she would be able to care for the pets. @wpri12

Sullivan: Bloodhound had full body infection and fleas. “Hot to the touch”. Eyes would fill up with what looked like pus. Was put on antibiotics. Cat was treated for fleas and parasites. Body condition was “fairly well” because indoor/outdoor cat. #HouseofHorrors @wpri12

Sullivan: both cat and dog were adopted out after treated for 14 days. Bloodhound got an “eye lift” when in ownership of new family who already had a bloodhound. @wpri12

Defense cross-examining Sullivan focused on health of cat that was found and that it didn’t have anything wrong with it aside from fleas. Talked about the cost of bringing pets to vets. @wpri12

Recess now over. Walter McClain, longtime social worker from DCF, has taken the stand. Said odor was strong. Windows were covered with sheets. Clothes and feces everywhere. Slime coming from dishes. Couldn’t step anywhere without garbage. #HouseofHorrors @wpri12

D8TwmHHUcAE1hSl.jpg

Blackstone Regional Animal Control Officer Kevin Sullivan on the stand now describing his discovery of a bloodhound found in a crate in the basement of Erika Murray’s house. Said dog had scabs, large patches of fur missing, fleas, sunken eyes with “gook” @wpri12

Sullivan said Murray went back to house and she gave him her cat. Brought both to the shelter. Murray allegedly told Sullivan she didn’t think she would be able to care for the pets. @wpri12

Sullivan: Bloodhound had full body infection and fleas. “Hot to the touch”. Eyes would fill up with what looked like pus. Was put on antibiotics. Cat was treated for fleas and parasites. Body condition was “fairly well” because indoor/outdoor cat. #HouseofHorrors @wpri12

Omg! I guess I'd forgotten about the living animals. Sounds like she treated that cat better than her babies. :(

McClain said he spoke with Murray in her bedroom where there was a 3 y/o on bed and another baby. He said DCF would have to take children. He said she said okay. Demeanor: had flat affect. Didn’t “phase her one way or another if we were going to take the child/children.” @wpri12

McClain said he entered a room upstairs, where there was just one light in the hallway. He said he fell into something mushy. Touched his eye with finger and ended up getting massive infection that required medication. @wpri12

McClain said they took two little girls, about 1 and 3. Girls had T-shirts with urine and feces from head to toe. Limp. No muscle strength. Couldn’t tell what color the children even were. Baby girl had something crawling from ears. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Omg! I guess I'd forgotten about the living animals. Sounds like she treated that cat better than her babies. :(
Reading these tweets is making me sick! Just when you think a case can't get worse, then this shows up. I didn't know about this sad case before the trial. These poor kids and animals. Sad and Horrible! imo

McClain: they had to stop on way to foster homes because two older children said they didn’t know who younger ones even were. DCF checked with their boss who said if they were in that house, take them out. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Now hearing from Keri-Anne Phillips, social worker from DCF. Said distinct odor immediately walking to home. One room upstairs couldn’t enter because police advised not to. Clutter in other bedroom. Spoke to Murray on porch. Asked where two older kids (Nicholas & Kayla) were.

D8TzoOUUIAEiEHj.jpg

Kait Walsh Retweeted Kait Walsh
Phillips: Murray said she gave birth to the 4 children but was embarrassed to tell older two that younger two were also her children. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Back from a short recess. Catherine Francy of DCF now on stand. Was a DCF investigator in 2014. Found out about incident the next day. Met with Erika Murray and her partner Raymond Rivera on Sept. 3 in meeting in Whitinsville. Said both were wearing Coca Cola shirts. @wpri12

Francy: said Murray had flat affect. Very calm. “Raymond” was sobbing. They didn’t ask questions about children or when they could see them. Francy said DCF talked about when two younger girls (6mo & 3y/o) were born. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Francy said Michelle Ridgeway was a character she created on Facebook and Murray told two older children that the two younger children were Ridgeway’s but she was watching them all the time. @wpri12

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back