MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reading these tweets is making me sick! Just when you think a case can't get worse, then this shows up. I didn't know about this sad case before the trial. These poor kids and animals. Sad and Horrible! imo

I know! I don't think it's shocking to me anymore since I've followed from the beginning. It doesn't make it any less horrific or sad though. Those poor babies. I truly hope they are in a good environment and thriving now.

Kait Walsh‏Verified account @KaitLouiseWalsh
Cross examination: defense attorney asks if it’s true that DCF found no problems with two older children in terms of problems at school or with doctors in this investigation. Francy says “yes” but has trouble saying yes. @wpri12

Dr. Peter Sell, a pediatrician at UMass Memorial, now on the stand. Works in critical care and child abuse pediatrics at the hospital. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Dr. Sell said 10 months later after being in foster care, saw 3-year-old girl again and she was walking now. Engaged. Ran up and smiled. Still had developmental delays. @wpri12

Thank you to those of you posting the tweets. I'm not great at Twitter and get frustrated. This makes it easier, so thank you!
I looked for a Live Stream and couldn't find one. I thought someone else was tweeting and I didn't want to interrupt. Tweets are better than nothing. imo

It seems the tweets have stopped for now!

Child murder defendant Erika Murray allegedly hid the truth about her youngest children from their older siblings, telling them she was babysitting the babies for a fictional neighbor, former Department of Children and Families investigator Catherine Francy testified on Wednesday.

And during an interview after DCF took custody of her children, Murray said that an infant and toddler found neglected in her home had never seen a doctor, Francy testified.

“She called [the three-year-old child] it, several times," Francy said.

The second day of Murray’s trial has featured accounts from DCF staff who responded to the home at 23 St. Paul St. in Blackstone at the request of local police.

On August 28, 2014, a neighbor discovered an infant and a toddler alone in the second floor of Murray’s house, allegedly covered in feces. She called police, who determined that a 13-year-old, a 10-year-old, 3-year-old and an infant lived in the home. All were taken into DCF custody.

Erika Murray called toddler ‘it,’ DCF investigator testifies in murder trial

WORCESTER, Mass. - The first people who tended to the children found in filth in a Blackstone home in 2014 took the stand on the second day of the trial for the woman charged in the deaths of two babies.

Those witnesses included DCF workers, the Blackstone Police and the Blackstone Board of Health.

Erika Murray is charged with murder in the deaths of two of the three dead babies found in her trash-strewn and insect-infested Blackstone home in 2014. In total, Four living children were removed from the home.

Defense attorney Keith Halpern said on Tuesday there is no evidence his client committed a crime and says Murray has mental health issues.

The state Department of Children and Families removed four children ranging in age from 5 months to 13 years from their home in August 2014 after a 10-year-old boy went to a neighbor's house and asked for help in quieting a crying baby.

On Wednesday, Blackstone Police Acting Chief Gregory Gilmore testified saying Murray had indicated she was embarrassed to give birth to her 3-year-old and 5-month-old girls and how he got the impression it was why she told her older children she was babysitting them.

MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday to post tweets. I can go back and catch up if you like.

Guess I won't catch up on the tweets. Looks like none of the people that tweeted the other day did so yesterday. Disappointing and hard to keep up. jmo imo

Truly disturbing as the court is now being shown photos of dead babies found in Erika Murray’s house. I’m going to spare you of the details here. @wpri12 #HouseofHorrors

Alysha Palumbo NBC10 Boston‏Verified account @AlyshaNBCBoston
Martinez said there was a birth certificate that “appeared to be doctored” that was submitted to National Grid with the birth year written in pen. This was for her then 10yo son, claiming he was around one year old. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dm4lJXYAAPYna.jpg

Other notifications on Murray’s cell phone were addressed to Erika. They have 2 different icons, suggesting 2 accounts. We know from prior testimony Murray allegedly had a Facebook alias, “Michelle Ridgeway” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Defense says of Murray telling National Grid about one of her neglected daughters: “this is the only evidence of her ever telling anyone she had a [younger] daughter...in an effort to stop the power from being shut down” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Christina Hager‏Verified account @HagerWBZ
Day 4 of #Blackston #HouseofHorrors trial beginning now. First witness today, Trooper from crime scene services who wen through the home with a search warrant #wbz

D8dk9-5X4AAu1hm.jpg

Donahue responsed to Murray’s home on 9/11/14, “to assist in a possible fatal investigation.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

The next witness is @MassStatePolice Trooper Christopher Donahue, with the crime scene services division. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dwSkzXYAE9kS9.jpg

Defense on the altered birth certificate: “it appears someone took a pen or pencil and altered the year.” Martinez: “yes the last two digits of the date were altered.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Defense on the altered birth certificate: “it appears someone took a pen or pencil and altered the year.” Martinez: “yes the last two digits of the date were altered.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Martinez agrees that outside the home, this was the only time he could find that Murray acknowledged either of her younger daughters. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Donahue is describing getting into the closet and what he saw: “I can see cobwebs connected from the door to some of the clothing the baby was rested on...the baby was decomposed.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Mass State Police troopers had to wear hazmat suits going through #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors where they allegedly found 2 severely neglected children hidden upstairs & remains of 3 infants in debris #wbz

D8dzyw_XUAAy0BQ.jpg

Defense suggests the “Michelle Ridgeway” Facebook page was created 8/8/14 prior to a planned 8/9/14 trip to NH to avoid going, saying Michelle couldn’t pick up her child. Objection - sustained. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Defense asks Martinez if they learned Michelle Ridgeway’s Facebook account had only 1 friend - Erika Murray. Martinez says no because they couldn’t access it. He is excused. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Martinez says on Murray’s phone were a series of Facebook notifications with Murray’s email attached to it, but addressed to “Michelle” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dqfQeXkAA0zw9.jpg

Murray begins to cry as Donahue shows graphic photos of the infants’ remains: “What you see around the skull of that child is dried maggots...around the decomposed body” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Donahue shows more pictures illustrating the room in Murray’s house where there was a closet blocked by a bed. Infant remains were found here. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dzkZzX4AAZ3yr.jpg

D8dzkZvWwAAMATX.jpg

[URL='https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston']Alysha Palumbo NBC10 Boston‏Verified account @AlyshaNBCBoston
Donahue says he next went into an adjacent room, where another set of infant remains was discovered. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors
One again Murray showed brief emotion during testimony today - only when seeing photos of her two older children @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dz9ZMXkAEVV4s.jpg
[/URL]

#Blackstone #HouseofHorrors mom Erika Murray’s defense attorney is now indicating she got out of a family trip, so she could stay home w/her 2 other children no one knew about...by using a fake Facebook page she made for a fake mom who needed Murray to babysit for her. #wbz

Donahue is now describing several photos from inside the Murray home. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8dy6m8XkAAPVFM.jpg

D8dy6nKWkAMMiU0.jpg

D8dy6nUX4AAU6sF.jpg

D8dy6nfXsAMa24h.jpg

Donahue describes the next room: “there is a mattress, around it is feces on the walls...this is all the debris inside that room...handprints, you could see fingers and just splatter of feces on all those walls.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8d4Pe1WkAEi5WL.jpg

What Donahue is describing is actually a baby sleeper, not a onesie. It’s clothing with full arms and legs - something a newborn would wear on top of a onesie and diaper. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Donahue shows the closet in which he found the 3rd set of human remains in the Murray home. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8d5kigXsAEAnUw.jpg

Truly awful photos are being shown now, showing the decomposed body with “dried maggots” on it, inside a box and what Donahue says is “what appeared to be a blue onesie the remains were discovered in” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Donahue: “you can see palm and finger prints, this is all feces palm and finger prints on the walls...you have trash piled up...over 2 feet in that room at least.” @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8d4zNLXkAAGenL.jpg

Donahue points out the closet where the first two sets of infant remains and a set of dog remains were found inside Murray’s home. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

D8d2lmoXUAArG8M.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme