MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you post the picture Indigo? I think as long as you have the link to MSM it is ok.

In searching around the web, I discovered a link to a local newspaper from April 2013 featuring the "honor students" of Hartnett Middle School. This is a demonstration of resilience...despite environmental influences, the 13 yr-old (KR) was/is an honor student. Hopefully with some years of trauma counseling and other support, she will continue to be successful academically (as well as emotionally/physically healthy).

http://valleybreeze.uberflip.com/i/118110/5

I'm really hoping the reports are exaggerated.
I've seen that happen.
That's what I'm hoping for, for everyone's sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think hoping it is all an exaggeration seems unlikely, $25k worth of work over 4 days, the house has been condemned w/signs posted that it's uninhabitable? I'd say we got a pretty clear picture of what the house looked like.

It's interesting that a "friend" of RR's is saying the house wasn't that bad. This friend doesn't have a name?

I just can't get past how bad the house must have smelled. I've been to houses that smell quite unpleasant, there are no dead bodies, no piles of diapers, just general uncleanliness.

I think hoping it is all an exaggeration seems unlikely, $25k worth of work over 4 days, the house has been condemned w/signs posted that it's uninhabitable? I'd say we got a pretty clear picture of what the house looked like.

It's interesting that a "friend" of RR's is saying the house wasn't that bad. This friend doesn't have a name?

I just can't get past how bad the house must have smelled. I've been to houses that smell quite unpleasant, there are no dead bodies, no piles of diapers, just general uncleanliness.

I'm thinking perhaps was compartmentalized like her life.
My house is almost always clean and spotless...exception being my walk-in bedroom closet and my car.
I'm thinking perhaps the ground floor was clean and upstairs disgusting...
Just thinking...maybe?

I'm thinking perhaps was compartmentalized like her life.
My house is almost always clean and spotless...exception being my walk-in bedroom closet and my car.
I'm thinking perhaps the ground floor was clean and upstairs disgusting...
Just thinking...maybe?

That is an option I guess. I am not sure whether compulsive hoarders can restrict the hoard to only certain rooms. I am seriously begging she gets evaluated and medicated soon. Right now I choose to believe she is severely mentally ill and once she 'finds out' what happened, I do not want to be there. Then again I could be mega wrong and she is a horrible psychopath. But having lived with a severe OCD person, I know what that does to peeps :(

That is an option I guess. I am not sure whether compulsive hoarders can restrict the hoard to only certain rooms. I am seriously begging she gets evaluated and medicated soon. Right now I choose to believe she is severely mentally ill and once she 'finds out' what happened, I do not want to be there. Then again I could be mega wrong and she is a horrible psychopath. But having lived with a severe OCD person, I know what that does to peeps :(

I think fear, depression, denial and the inability to seek help played a huge role.
I don't care ....I'm still standing ready by the stake with matches...
All IMO

I think fear, depression, denial and the inability to seek help played a huge role.
I don't care ....I'm still standing ready by the stake with matches...
All IMO

True, all factors. I am not grabbing a stake just yet. I lost my beloved husband, once a successful Organic Chemistry professor to mental illness, so cases with a tinge of it make me stop. The same way I get beyond pissed when people fake it to get away with stuff, I advocate for those who suffer from it to receive treatment.

And now, let's take a selfie.

Interesting find. Maybe RR was used to the living conditions considering the description of his sister's former residence in Woonsocket, RI:

According to the town assessor's database, the Blackstone property has been owned since May 2001 by Kristina Rivera of 161 Warwick St., Woonsocket, Rhode Island.

Ms. Rivera is believed to be Mr. Rivera's sister.

The owner of the Woonsocket home, Michael R. Leclair, said Monday that Ms. Rivera, her husband, Steve Whitney, and their four children moved out two years ago. She could not be located at a new address.

Mr. Leclair said that the couple left their first-floor apartment a mess and often left their children, who were ages 12, 10, 2 and 1½, alone at night.

"When they moved out it was disgusting. It took almost a week to clean," Mr. Leclair said.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140916/NEWS/309169861/0/FRONTPAGE

MOO, the first floor was kept in a messy cluttered but not foul state. probably bugs, flies clutter etc on floor one. The true foul stuff all stayed upstairs on floor two, where we could forget about it (and the babies) and simply pretend our house was a bit cluttered and not the cesspool it apparently was.

Rivera's sister has owned the home in question since 2001. Why was she renting an apartment for her family to live in? Why wouldn't she live in the home that she owns?

I'd say maybe she outgrew the small house in Blackstone with her husband and four children; however, the article previously cited indicates it was an apartment they lived in Woonsocket, RI.

If anyone else is curious, Blackstone and Woonsocket are only 2.2 miles from each other (curiosity got the best of me!).

Was the kitchen photo taken after the house was cleaned? (love the childproof lock on the cabinet).

And each time I read an article, something else stands out, although there are discrepancies depending on the source. This one states that the 3 infants were born in the years between the 10 and 3 yr-old. So they have been hidden in the closet for 3-10 years!? :( :

Mr. Halpern said he hoped it could be determined whether the deceased infants, whose birth dates were between the birth of the 10-year-old child and Ms. Murray's pregnancy with the 3-year-old, were stillborn or born alive; and if they were born alive, how long they lived and what was the cause of death.

"I feel confident that the medical examination will not reveal any evidence that she did something ... to kill any child," he said. "They're not going to find broken bones; they're not going to find any evidence of harm being inflicted on these children."

The existence of a 3-year-old and a now 6-month-old is "compelling evidence that she did not do anything to cause the death of the other three," Mr. Halpern said.

He added that if Ms. Murray were in fact a child killer, it would make no sense that she would then go to such lengths to keep the two youngest, living children hidden.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20140916/NEWS/309169546/1116&Template=printart

I am thinking the kitchen photo was after the property was cleaned up (out). but I get the impression the first floor was not as bad filth/feces wise or else the drywall and flooring would have needed ripping out as much of the 2nd floor stuff reportedly was. The smell was likely ungodly but the actual feces and mounds of soiled diapers apparently were mostly confined to the second floor.

:wagon: to Websleuths sapofamily :)

Regarding the three dead babies, I suspect they were born between the older and younger children. As to whether they were live births or still births, I don't think we will ever know. Probably not enough forensic evidence on remains to determine. IF she killed those infants then I would speculate the youngest two were not killed because one of the older children saw or heard them and therefore the story of "I am just babysitting them" was manufactured. harder to kill a child someone knows exists. Just thinking out loud here.

Responding to the question of "How could this Dad not know?" District Atty J. Early said:

"Based on the makeup of the house, we have concerns regarding the accuracy of that statement," Early said, presumably because he can't call the guy a liar. "It's a small house. There's one kitchen in the house. Anyone who has raised a baby knows that babies make noise."

So why is Murray in jail and Rivera isn't?

"We're still doing aggressive work in this case," Early said. "We still have decisions to make ... People are asking rational questions but I can't give rational answers. There's nothing rational about this situation."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140918/COLUMN01/309189931

Responding to the question of "How could this Dad not know?" District Atty J. Early said:

"Based on the makeup of the house, we have concerns regarding the accuracy of that statement," Early said, presumably because he can't call the guy a liar. "It's a small house. There's one kitchen in the house. Anyone who has raised a baby knows that babies make noise."

So why is Murray in jail and Rivera isn't?

"We're still doing aggressive work in this case," Early said. "We still have decisions to make ... People are asking rational questions but I can't give rational answers. There's nothing rational about this situation."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140918/COLUMN01/309189931

This gives me great hope! Thanks for posting

http://www.telegram.com/article/2014...MN01/309189931

preach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010