MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is my wish for the 2 special little girls who have just been rescued from the House of Horrors. That they get to experience the true joy of just being delighted in! That they get to learn how to vocalize, play, make and keep friends, and always feel like they have a sense of "belonging" with their forever families who will always meet their needs with love, kindness and understanding.

To bring a little levity to this thread - here are 3 toddlers debating "raining or sprinkling":

http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2014/09/25/toddler-adorably-debate-the-weather/

Massachusetts legal definition of child neglect:

"Neglect: Failure by a caretaker, either deliberately or through negligence or inability to take those actions necessary to provide a child with minimally adequate food, clothing, shelter, medical care, supervision, emotional stability and growth, or other essential care; provided, however, that such inability is not due solely to inadequate economic resources or solely to the existence of a handicapping condition. This definition is not dependent upon location (i.e., neglect can occur while the child is in an out-of-home setting)."

http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/dcf/child-abuse-neglect/definitions.html

Just wondering what you all think about RR (aka Dad) being negligent under these definitions?

RR never went to the second floor? Really? IMO, I'll never believe a man would stay confined to the basement and never smell or see the house of horrors!
How did he NOT HEAR, SMELL,SEE????? I pray he never makes another child!

I'm not sure if this has been previously posted, but I had not seen this one before. This article from Sept. 21, 2014 takes at a look at that question of how this could have gone on for so long without someone taking the time and compassion to intervene on behalf of the children. One woman describes growing up in a home much like this one.

"Here is the most generous explanation: That neighbors and teachers and parents of friends had some concerns about the kids’ well-being, but didn’t want to interfere. As the debate over NFL player Adrian Peterson whipping his 4-year-old bloody shows, many are loath to cross that line, even when confronted with clear abuse."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...use-neglect/d1OaB8XQbdqPXdaoERXf8J/story.html

I still can find no news updates on this case on MSM.

I think the woman who found the babies gave a "press conference" of sorts and there must have been at least a couple of stations there videotaping and reporting when her statements were released (a couple of weeks ago). Here is another station's video of comments she made that I hadn't heard before about wishing it might have been the week before or earlier than when she found them, etc.

http://www.whdh.com/story/26537966/woman-credited-with-saving-young-children-from-blackstone-house

woman-credited-with-saving-young-children-from-blackstone-house

there are 3 video's @ this link

A couple more days until the Blackstone house of squalor will be torn down. Wonder if KR ever responded to town officials?

We've seen several articles re: the previous police calls to the home, but not sure if the actual log has ever been posted here? It includes all of the calls on 8/28/14 from the "neighbor" and subsequent calls regarding animal control, etc.:

http://jgpr.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/09/DOC_20140916131814.pdf

Thanks Sapo for this information (see above post)!

Look @ 9/10/14 22:19 arrived has listed "CPM-Craig Metz, and DBL-David Louden" arrived @ location. Then an emergency response call (I wonder if this was planned ahead of time) to go back in with HazMat team. Why were those 2 officers there that night before? Did they find something or were they looking for something? Timing seems quite suspect IMO. Any thoughts?

P.S. EM's addy listed on the last call (with info from her Atty) shows an address for Sparkleberries (garden & gift) shop in Northbridge, MA - is that a little weird? Is this the same place that she is selling her homemade gifts?

MOD NOTE: Please DO NOT post personal information like addresses and telephone numbers; and if you see personal information posted, please do not re-post/quote it.

Thanks.

Bessie

Has anyone ever heard of "VINElink"? (Victim Information Network & Information Everyday) -- a national victim notification network. Maybe it's a glitch, but when I searched for EM, it says she's out of custody.

Could this be possible?

<itching for a case update> Sorry for posting against the rules earlier. :(

Sapo, thanks for keeping up the watch. I wonder if she is not listed through VINElink because she is (was) being housed in a mental health facility inside a prison, but listed released from the local jail? I think Auntie KR is required to have a plan to tear down the home by tomorrow or she will be fined $500 each day. Eventually, the town will have it razed, but I wonder if anyone had homeowner's insurance on the property?

O/T somewhere in PA a 9 yr old boy weighing 17 pounds lost his life..........locked in a room with no bed etc................WTH is happening! Where are friends, relatives, neighbors, schools? Heard this on WPXInews...............looking for more.............

Did the house get torn down yet? I can' find any updates???

All I've found so far is this headline & a picture of the home on the front page of the Milford Daily New; but can't read the article online.

Demolition contract due today.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/article/20141001/NEWS/141009642

ETA: also from another source there's a MDN reporter that alleges ...KR has not responded to the town or presented a demolition contract....as of 22 hrs ago.

o/t somewhere in pa a 9 yr old boy weighing 17 pounds lost his life..........locked in a room with no bed etc................wth is happening! Where are friends, relatives, neighbors, schools? Heard this on wpxinews...............looking for more.............

what the mega "f"?!?!?!?

Maybe there's another thread on the forum discussing the above referenced case, but it's absolutely mortifying...how do these people live with themselves?

A 9 year-old that weighed less than 17lbs. :( in the Harrisburg, PA area.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/09/jarrod_tutko_jr_weighed_16_9_p.html

I just read that article and I just can't stomach how often this is happening :( I work with a little boy who has fragile X and it is trying but why didn't he just ask for help and how was the boy not under a state or city progress plan being disabled?!

The short video on that link quotes them calling this home "the black hole of Blackstone". Let's get some news about the children (living and dead)! Let's have some copies of the statements from the police reports from both EM and RR. Let's hear from the Rivera family about how they could allow this to continue. Let's hear from the Murray family - Good old Grandma and Grandpa about their failure to check on the situation that their 2 "known" grandchildren endured every day. EM may have been able to keep secrets from many people for a very long time, but honestly - there has to be some reflection on the part of those extended family members and friends.

It really does take a village to raise children. There is a village in Africa (I think) that their native greeting to each other is not "hello" or "hi" but rather they say "How are the children?" I think our sophisticated society could learn a lot from those those native and simple people. They recognize the need to give their most vulnerable members of their society a voice. Wow, what a concept!

Not really new news, but this was published yesterday in the Boston Globe:

By Laura Crimaldi | GLOBE STAFF OCTOBER 02, 2014

Blackstone will move forward to demolish the house.

Officials in Blackstone met Thursday with demolition contractors at the site of a house in which the remains of three infants were found, after the homeowner failed to respond to an order to take down the structure.

The property owner &#8212; Kristina Rivera of Woonsocket, R.I. &#8212; had until Wednesday to get in touch with Blackstone officials about a Board of Health order requiring that the house be demolished. She failed to do so, said Town Administrator Daniel M. Keyes.

Contractors interested in the demolition job have until Tuesday to submit bids to the town, said Blackstone&#8217;s Inspectional Services Department. Several contractors visited the property Thursday to scope out the work required to tear down the house.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ition-order/FFZS0N641fgPHHpYAETmGP/story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back