MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Loved ones brave cold to mourn slain West Brookfield mom, kids
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._cold_to_mourn_slain_west_brookfield_mom_kids
f1b0a82ae2a7b5fe8ae685ed3803f802.jpg

LAID TO REST: A single casket with the remains of a West Brookfield mom and three children is carried to a hearse yesterday. The family was found murdered in their home March 1.

WARE — More than three dozen mourners braved blizzard conditions and treacherous travel yesterday to say their farewells to a slain West Brookfield mother and her three young children.

Despite the nor’easter, funeral services went on as planned at All Saints Catholic Church in Ware for Sara Bermudez, 38, her daughter Madison, 8, and sons James, 6, and Michael, 2.

Bermudez, a native of El Salvador, and her children were interred together in a special casket at the request of their family.

They were discovered murdered and their bodies burned in an upstairs bedroom of their house on Old Warren Road in West Brookfield on March 1 while Bermudez’s husband Moses was reportedly in California.

Moses Bermudez, who owns a home-based party planning business, attended yesterday’s service, but did not speak.

No eulogy was given for his wife and children; however, their grandfather, Carlos Bermudez, read a prayer for them and his daughter-in-law.

No arrests have been announced and the Worcester District Attorney’s office has not said how they were killed. Investigators said after the murders they were looking for a yellow plastic fuel can believed to be missing from the home.

The Rev. Piotr Calik of All Saints Catholic Church said the family were not members of his church; however, he would see them at services “from time to time.”

One casket. Wow.
Maybe it's just me, but given the circumstances I think Mom being buried with her children in her arms is lovely.

As a practical matter, it saves a ton of money. Caskets, burial plots, and internment are expensive. Multiply that by four and you're talking a serious amount of money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just me, but given the circumstances I think Mom being buried with her children in her arms is lovely.

As a practical matter, it saves a ton of money. Caskets, burial plots, and internment are expensive. Multiply that by four and you're talking a serious amount of money.

Agreed, husband and I just bought two plots and prepaid for caskets and funerals. He's a Millenial, I'm 60 so likely I will go first but we still wanted it taken care of. Total for us both was $39,000.

It’s not just you. I feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id actually prefer if me and my small kids were killed that we be together.

Didn't disagree with the choice. I'm well aware of the costs of these things.
Just haven't seen a whole family buried in one casket before.
Also wondered if they had to customize the casket.
I would also want to be buried with my children under the circumstances.

If it is gang related, it is possibly the reason he moved his family to this remote area. So, nit that there is gang activity there, but rather they will find you, no matter where you go.

Also, as for the grandfather checking, I think they said the kids didn't show up at school. Dad getting that call would certainly prompt him to ask someone to check on them.

Poor mama. I have never heard of multiple in one casket, but that is how I would want to be, too. If anyone ever takes my little, they seriously just need to take me, too. I would never make it without him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow. They were all buried together?

That was a nice gesture.

Didn't disagree with the choice. I'm well aware of the costs of these things.
Just haven't seen a whole family buried in one casket before.
Also wondered if they had to customize the casket.
I would also want to be buried with my children under the circumstances.

BBM

Moses Bermudez, whose wife and three children were*found March 1*after being killed inside their West Brookfield home, stood strongly as his father read a Scripture in Spanish. During the service, his eyes rarely strayed from the oversized, lavender-gray casket in which his wife and children were laid to rest.
http://www.telegram.com/news/20180313/bermudez-family-mourned-thank-you-to-all-of-them

Oversized, I would presume one sized for a larger (heavy) person, like XXL.

OT, I had a morbidly obese aunt who was so big her casket had to be custom built. She was *really* big, though, largest person I've ever seen, and I know people who were obese enough to get the stomach surgery. Kind of strange, because she was pretty active, a nurse, water-skied, biking.

BBM

Moses Bermudez, whose wife and three children were*found March 1*after being killed inside their West Brookfield home, stood strongly as his father read a Scripture in Spanish. During the service, his eyes rarely strayed from the oversized, lavender-gray casket in which his wife and children were laid to rest.
http://www.telegram.com/news/20180313/bermudez-family-mourned-thank-you-to-all-of-them

OT, I had a morbidly obese aunt who was so big her casket had to be custom built. She was *really* big, though, largest person I've ever seen, and I know people who were obese enough to get the stomach surgery. Kind of strange, because she was pretty active, a nurse, water-skied, biking.

I'm not going to explain forensically as it would be upsetting to any family reading, but if the bodies were burned, there is not as much of the body to bury.

BBM

I believe it was oversized so that all four remains could fit. Such a sad and horrific crime. I wish they would find whoever did this. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Bermudez family ties to El Salvador and California seem to have generated the speculation in the community about gangs, specifically a Salvadoran-based gang, MS-13, which originated in California. President Trump has made combating MS-13 violence in the U.S.*a priority, and he's quick to mention the gang by name in the*national media.

But a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation tells WBUR there is no evidence suggesting MS-13 involvement in the murders at this time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The family moved back to where the husband was brought up. Hardly a place to hide out.

*blushes* I learned something new today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wrong. After working on diesel fishing boat in Alaska for 30 years diesel is flammable. It requires an additional accelerant to readily burn. It simply is not as flamible as other petrochemicals.

It might be as simple as sound from gunshots would carry, and especially in the middle of the night, multiple gunshots might be heard and reported. For that matter, whichever family member you shot first, you'd wake the others. Assuming a single gunman, even if you killed the mother first, there'd be a chance of the kids running outside and getting away or getting help. A skilled (or lucky) person with a knife could kill silently if the victim was sleeping.

folks. Think about it. Diesel is flammable. IT BURNS IN A DIESEL ENGINE. IT HAS A HIGHER IGNITION temp and will not burn as fast as gas will. But trust me I’ve seen diesel boats burn just as well as gas once they are well into a burn. Diesel fumes USUALLY will not ignite, but it sure as heck burns. I’ve got 20 years running a commercial fishing boat that has a 3208 CAT ENGINE AND IT BURNS PLENTY OF DIESEL EVERY SUMMER.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back