MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that strikes me, having reviewed the police blotter again, is what does get noticed in Princeton though. I have to say up front, only a downed tree was mentioned over on that road, but plenty of neighbors seem to report going on..

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2008-04-03/fire_police/170.html

Oh yes! Sometimes it's downright ridiculous. Someone called in once because the zipper on their kids snow suit was broken! I kid you not.
Mostly though it's loose livestock...a suspicious car....stuff like that...

It's the best part of the landmark, everyone reads it for entertainment!

I hadn't read this article before. An interesting quote:

One resident of Brooks Station Road said State Police showed up at her doorstep around 1:30 a.m., asking whether she or her husband had seen anything unusual. She hadn’t, but said the large, wooded lots along the road make it easy to avoid notice.
“I can see how, maybe, she was walking or jogging by one of these properties, or even in front of my house, and someone could grab her and bring her right into the woods,” she said, declining to give her name.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-jogger/UrjXYFfqfHevS5trCF5ITI/story.html

The one thing that strikes me, having reviewed the police blotter again, is what does get noticed in Princeton though. I have to say up front, only a downed tree was mentioned over on that road, but plenty of neighbors seem to report going on..

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2008-04-03/fire_police/170.html

So, residents are acutely aware of what is going on in their area.

It seems entirely possible that the perp was on foot and was unnoticed/unseen by anyone before or after the crime.

YET, the request from LE is for tips about a vehicle.

LE hasn't given many specifics, but that request is specific. They are asking about info about a vehicle seen on the road on Sunday and about a male seen with injuries after Sunday. We don't have much info from LE, but those are specific requests, and they might be an indication that LE suspects a car was somehow involved.

jmopinion

I wonder if the cart path is used for snowmobiling and 4 wheeling? That would increase the amount of people familiar with it.

Why hasn't a reward been offered still? An extra 25-50k might "help" give someone the incentive to call in that seemingly trivial but important thing they know. I'd happily contribute myself

I hadn't read this article before. An interesting quote:

One resident of Brooks Station Road said State Police showed up at her doorstep around 1:30 a.m., asking whether she or her husband had seen anything unusual. She hadn’t, but said the large, wooded lots along the road make it easy to avoid notice.
“I can see how, maybe, she was walking or jogging by one of these properties, or even in front of my house, and someone could grab her and bring her right into the woods,” she said, declining to give her name.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-jogger/UrjXYFfqfHevS5trCF5ITI/story.html
Great catch and thanks for linking. First time I have seen this and it makes sense to me. She lives there and she would know the visibility. I live in the country and if one of my neighbors screamed I doubt I would hear it and I have good hearing. One because my house is well insulated and two because I might have the TV on.

So, residents are acutely aware of what is going on in their area.

It seems entirely possible that the perp was on foot and was unnoticed/unseen by anyone before or after the crime.

YET, the request from LE is for tips about a vehicle.

LE hasn't given many specifics, but that request is specific. They are asking about info about a vehicle seen on the road on Sunday and about a male seen with injuries after Sunday. We don't have much info from LE, but those are specific requests, and they might be an indication that LE suspects a car was somehow involved.

jmopinion

Or they are just trying to pin down anyone who was on that road then and may have seen something but hasn't come forward.

Great catch and thanks for linking. First time I have seen this and it makes sense to me. She lives there and she would know the visibility. I live in the country and if one of my neighbors screamed I doubt I would hear it and I have good hearing. One because my house is well insulated and two because I might have the TV on.
My dog would go insane if he heard it-I do know that much. It really does give the sense of semi-isolation those homes have. The town I live in is the same way. Houses are set back from the road for privacy and are wooded for the same reason.

it struck me that the State Police went door to door late at night. I think they were looking for scratched up people that they could catch unawares. Great tactic, but didn't pan out apparently. I wonder if they saw anything that made their hinky meters go off...

also, odd how she basically managed to lay out the manner of the murder before anything was in the press. Must be the local buzz was working overtime by then..

That's more like a white lie deception then it is so much an out right attempt to deceive.
Seems a silly thing to debate but if you say you're doing one thing but actually intending to do another, it is what it is. It's deceiving whether for good intentions or not.

Of course all theories are ok! As is discussing and dissecting those theories.....after all that's kind of what sleuthing is.
Just remember she had been home for longer than just the week-end. It doesn't take long for a "voyeur" to establish a routine. Also these behaviors are " escalated" from other less aggressive behavior. Case in point Ted Bundy's girlfriend woke ( in the middle of the night )to him looking at her private parts under the covers with a flashlight. She could have been meeting someone questionable from her past that her mother wasn't a fan of but a) that information would already be in the hands of LE b) Venessa was a responsible adult and from all accounts confident in her choices. I don't believe she would hide that from her mother and that would point to a crime of passion.Although honestly it isn't unusual for an intelligent confident woman to be involved with a sociopathic guy. That being said her behavior leading up to Sunday ( especially the night before)needs to be looked at, which I am sure LE is doing. I still say look closely at the restaurant she was at with her Dad the night before. Then of course there is the " random" drive by, wrong place, wrong time psychopath.

There was an article a couple of days saying they had found one of her shoes, partially burned, near her. That alone makes me think it's extremely unlikely she was moved. Frankly it sounds like things were being done kind of hastily. But for the theory this guy was on foot, how does one conceal all these clothes?

Seems a silly thing to debate but if you say you're doing one thing but actually intending to do another, it is what it is. It's deceiving whether for good intentions or not.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. It doesn't sound like we are viewing this from the same angle.

There was an article a couple of days saying they had found one of her shoes, partially burned, near her. That alone makes me think it's extremely unlikely she was moved. Frankly it sounds like things were being done kind of hastily. But for the theory this guy was on foot, how does one conceal all these clothes?
Do you remember where that came from? I'm looking for that article myself....

It was in that article from that female profiler that appeated a couple days ago if I remember correctly

Is this the cart path the joggers are running in front of? It is a very short video but it certainly shows how wooded the area is this time of year.

Special Emergency Response Team in action, near where #VanessaMarcotte was found.
attachment.php

http://m.telegram.com/videos/6F5C53...nceton.?_ga=1.173233891.1191911140.1471014126

Yes it is. Pretty chilling to see them run by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1sw33t1nsan1ty