MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See. We say bi monthly for every two weeks where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing, just like biweekly it can mean two different things. it can mean occurring twice a month or it can me occurring every other month. Just google "define bi monthly" it will tell you the same thing.

However the way my brain works saying biweekly when you mean every other week, and saying bimonthly when you mean every other month just makes the most sense to me. Because in football when you have a bi week it means you don't play. So saying bi weekly or bi monthly to me it's skipping every other one, either every other wk or everyother month....or at least that's how I think about.

I find an earlier post to be wrong and irresponsible as it pushes the incorrect stereo type that late bed wetters and socially awkward people are more likely to commit this type of crime. Nothing in this case suggests bed wetting or awkwardness, yet you go there because of your own misguided view of who could do this type of thing. Maybe your view is from tv or some non-cited list of killer traits. It's the equivalent of me saying the killer is probably French, likes baseball, blue eyes and a fan of country music. The simplest scientifically proven trait for committing this type of crime is an inability to feel empathy or shame for what they have done. He is just as likely to be charming, a pillar of the community, and successful.

I wasn't afraid to go places where there was a bathroom. That was the first thing I looked for when I was well enough to dare to leave home. I always traveled with an emergency kit-as any 'survivor' knows wipes, clean undies, etc...it's how you live. But each trip was only 4 hours. I'm willing to bet she was confident that as long as a bathroom was available (and you learn what food to stay away from-there's tons to this disease) she could make that trip.

As a runner with no diagnosed GI disorder i know the toll long distances take on my colon. Apologies for being so candid. They call it runner's colitis. Over 10 miles and my system is a wreak. But i wont let it stop me - as nor would VM. I cant imagine what even a 3 mile run would entail for an athlete suffering this disease? All the rules i know are thrown out the window. Maybe, instead of that "chariots of fire" first mile, i might instead walk - to make sure all systems are go and fully operational. How little most of us know about the weight in each others shoes...

Hi all, "Forager", who is part of a "rat pack" I sleuth with, is offering to do some mapping science for us. He is, the map god, for sure.
Can someone please provide the exact coordinants of where Vanessa was found, and the "relative" location of her Mom's house. Please don't post address, cross roads (of her residence) to compare from spot where remains is the purpose.

I want to take an aerial look at the cross roads of VM's neighborhood and see which neighbors would have clear views of each other.
What other points of relevance would you like Forager to map?

Hi all, "Forager", who is part of a "rat pack" I sleuth with, is offering to do some mapping science for us. He is, the map god, for sure.
Can someone please provide the exact coordinants of where Vanessa was found, and the "relative" location of her Mom's house. Please don't post address, cross roads (of her residence) to compare from spot where remains is the purpose.

I want to take an aerial look at the cross roads of VM's neighborhood and see which neighbors would have clear views of each other.
What other points of relevance would you like Forager to map?

Rat pack, eh? I like it, Doll! So, anyways, I'm a mapper, not a sleuther - and having a hard time placing anything in the case. For the crime scene, I've got "about a half of a mile from her mother's home on Brooks Station Road" and photos of cops on foot just north of the end of Brooks Station Rd as they were "returning from their search." For her last siting, I only have "walking along Brooks Station Road around 1pm". Brooks Station Rd. is about three miles long. I've got nothing for her mother's home. I'll keep looking, but would value any steer anyone can offer.

Rat pack, eh? I like it, Doll! So, anyways, I'm a mapper, not a sleuther - and having a hard time placing anything in the case. For the crime scene, I've got "about a half of a mile from her mother's home on Brooks Station Road" and photos of cops on foot just north of the end of Brooks Station Rd as they were "returning from their search." For her last siting, I only have "walking along Brooks Station Road around 1pm". Brooks Station Rd. is about three miles long. I've got nothing for her mother's home. I'll keep looking, but would value any steer anyone can offer.

On the first thread of this case, there were some more specific locations - there is a guard rail along the road that opens to a cart path --quite precise. I am going offline now, but there is info in that thread that perhaps someone can pull up.

Quoting myself! : )
I "walked" all the way down Brook Station until it turned in to Wachusett St. This is a beautiful area but where the heck am I? It looks like I'm in the middle of nowhere. What is the closest anything where people go to work, etc. I saw a sign for a "heifer farm" is that right? As in cows? What is this area all about? Asking as I am trying to imagine what the Perp was doing in this area, or where they might be working.

I "walked" all the way down Brook Station until it turned in to Wachusett St. This is a beautiful area but where the heck am I? It looks like I'm in the middle of nowhere. What is the closest anything where people go to work, etc. I saw a sign for a "heifer farm" is that right? As in cows? What is this area all about? Asking as I am trying to imagine what the Perp was doing in this area, or where they might be working.
You walked in the wrong direction.

Latitude
42°26'16.00"N
Longitude
71°53'19.42"W

Google earth address 62 Brooks Station Rd Princeton Ma..... location of where her body was found.
Moms house about 1/2 mile to the south, same side of the road. It's the only house with dormers.

Latitude
42°26'16.00"N
Longitude
71°53'19.42"W

Google earth address 62 Brooks Station Rd Princeton Ma.

:D :D In that case Rosie had better have a sit down and rest her feet before she makes the long trek back. :rolleyes:

Oh and watch out for that heifer on the road.

The houses on that road are spread apart. As far as where people may work, unless they are landscaping, or maybe painting a house or some other type of contracting, there isn't anything on that road near that area. Just a church at the other end (south) of her mothers house, on Brook Station Rd.
Rt 31 runs parallel about a mile or so east, and there are a few places of employment there. A restaurant, a light company, bank etc. most with the exception of the restaurant would be closed on sunday, which was the day that she ran/walked. That's not to say that she didn't run on saturday, not sure, but it is known that she ran sunday before returning to NY.

Latitude
42°26'16.00"N
Longitude
71°53'19.42"W

Google earth address 62 Brooks Station Rd Princeton Ma.

Yes, thank you, that's how I figure it. It's just shy of half a mile from the mother's house, and the imagery of the crime scene* matches what you see there on Google Streetview.

Here's what I've got on a Google 'My Map' so far:

Screenshot 2016-09-20 at 2.52.22 AM.png

* Ted Williams on Gretta Van Sustern, 8/11/16, Fox News

Wachusett Street is the same as Rt 31, though it might only be called Wachusett St in Holden, not sure if it stays wachusett street when you cross into Princeton. RT 31 runs parallel to Brooks Station Rd. If you go south on it, you have to take a left onto Ball Hill Rd to get to 31, right would take you toward Rutland. (Which is where the Heifer Project is. BTW this is an international organization who works on getting livestock to villagers in developing countries so they can feed and support themselves. It's under the whole premise of "you give a man a fish he eats for a day, you teach a man to fish he eats for life", it's a pretty cool organization but very off topic).

If you go north in Brooks Station Rd, you go right at Boylston St which takes you to the center of town and the rt 31 junction.

As far as where people work....most people in Princeton and surrounding towns, don't work in town. These are mostly bedroom communities. Most people work in the medical or technology fields and travel to Worcester, or Framingham, or even as far as Boston to work.

Businesses that do exist in town are a few Xmas tree farms, a knitting store, an antique store, an old farm house that use to be a resturaunt that's used only for weddings now, 2 resturaunts, the ski mountain, a small market, a pizza place, a weird ice cream place, a bank, perhaps a im forgetting one or two things, and then town utilities offices, which all butt the light dept are located at the town center.

It's a fairly affluent community but it's small, rural, hilly, and beautiful.

Specific locations:

Her Body - her body was found on the end of an old road called Connors Lane. You can see it on a map. Her body was found along that road roughly 100 ft in a believe (but various reports differed in distance from Rd) - right side of Rd, going north.

Her Moms house is on the same side of the road as Connors lane, and is angled sideways and has 3 dormer Windows on the 3rd floor, which makes it easy to find on a map.

From what I can tell looking at the map, it doesn't appear any home would have had a clear shot of her mothers home, or of the path she was found on. The foliage btw homes appears thick, and would have been at its peak of denseness in early August making visibility even more challenges to watch someone from your home, at least I'd think.

The cell phone ping at about 2:45 got me thinking.
It was stated that the ping came from a tower near the mountain barn restaurant, which is the first place her family went to looking for her. Some here have suggested that "ping" maybe talk that it means had a conversation with. Others think it means that it is a signal that is sent to/from a tower closest to a phone. I, myself think it is the latter, but either way..
.If VM was near the mountain barn "pinging" around 2:45, ( having a conversation) and the time of death was before 3:00, that doesn't leave much time to complete the crime.If she was at the crime scene at 2:45, and the cell tower near the mountain barn was the closest, and it pinged off of that tower, then that would make sense. But here's the thing. I went over the cell tower positions, measured the distance, and there is another tower much closer.. So why didn't her phone "ping off of that tower? Something is not adding up, unless the perp had her phone, and if he did, why, knowing he could have been tracked.
Below are the 3 towers. one is on Cemetery Road, which is now Boylston Ave. about 1/4 mile from the crime scene.
This is the tower near the mountain barn, behind the light company.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.426...4!1sBbhmsJmAo3_GFwZxQfdviw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4312908,-71.8840443,3354a,20y,270h/data=!3m1!1e3

This is the tower south of her moms house,at 166 Brook Station Rd.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.424...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPlciOIOhSF-WzSXctyLZbg!2e0
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2ec7712cae3bb9!8m2!3d42.4250212!4d-71.8952356

This is the tower at 81 Cemetery Rd.(Boylston Ave.) This tower can be seen from the intersection of Connor Lane/Radford Rd. It is also about half the distance from the others
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.446...4!1sUbAfI3iBHoHT_7oPq0S_SQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4400087,-71.8666957,1708a,20y,270h,44.62t/data=!3m1!1e3

Edit. The data showing distance does not show up here.
The distance from the tower at the light company is 5,112 ft.
The distance from the tower on cemetery rd./boylston ave, is 3102 ft.
The distance may vary depending on how far she was in the woods, but I don't see it being enough to make the tower at the light co. shorter.

It was stated that the ping came from a tower near the mountain barn restaurant, which is the first place her family went to looking for her. Some here have suggested that "ping" maybe talk that it means had a conversation with. Others think it means that it is a signal that is sent to/from a tower closest to a phone. I, myself think it is the latter, but either way..
.If VM was near the mountain barn "pinging" around 2:45, ( having a conversation) and the time of death was before 3:00, that doesn't leave much time to complete the crime.If she was at the crime scene at 2:45, and the cell tower near the mountain barn was the closest, and it pinged off of that tower, then that would make sense. But here's the thing. I went over the cell tower positions, measured the distance, and there is another tower much closer.. So why didn't her phone "ping off of that tower? Something is not adding up, unless the perp had her phone, and if he did, why, knowing he could have been tracked.
Below are the 3 towers. one is on Cemetery Road, which is now Boylston Ave. about 1/4 mile from the crime scene.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.426...4!1sBbhmsJmAo3_GFwZxQfdviw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4312908,-71.8840443,3354a,20y,270h/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.424...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPlciOIOhSF-WzSXctyLZbg!2e0
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2ec7712cae3bb9!8m2!3d42.4250212!4d-71.8952356

This is the tower at 81 Cemetery Rd.(Boylston Ave.) This tower can be seen from the intersection of Connor Lane/Radford Rd. It is also about half the distance from the others
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.446...4!1sUbAfI3iBHoHT_7oPq0S_SQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
This is the distance.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4400087,-71.8666957,1708a,20y,270h,44.62t/data=!3m1!1e3

If he had picked her up in a vehicle, perhaps willingly, perhaps not, killed her somewhere else, and returned her body there to make it look like she had never left that location.....it may explain how her phone, could end up,in his car....and perhaps he didn't notice it until he was driving away.

I wonder if one cell phones are turned off, or destroyed if they give off a final lung from last known location? Does anyone know this?

If so....and her family ran a track her phone thing, could it perhaps shown the final "ping" at the mountain barn?
Could he have disposed of her cell phone there? Perhaps in one of their dumpsters?

This is the distance.

This is the distance.

This is the distance.

Great post. I think there are a number of factors that are involved in selecting a cell tower, distance is not the only one. Cell tower saturation, strength of signal, what carrier owns the tower etc... So, pinging off a tower doesn't necessarily mean its the one you're closest to.

Wachusett Street is the same as Rt 31, though it might only be called Wachusett St in Holden, not sure if it stays wachusett street when you cross into Princeton. RT 31 runs parallel to Brooks Station Rd. If you go south on it, you have to take a left onto Ball Hill Rd to get to 31, right would take you toward Rutland. (Which is where the Heifer Project is. BTW this is an international organization who works on getting livestock to villagers in developing countries so they can feed and support themselves. It's under the whole premise of "you give a man a fish he eats for a day, you teach a man to fish he eats for life", it's a pretty cool organization but very off topic).

If you go north in Brooks Station Rd, you go right at Boylston St which takes you to the center of town and the rt 31 junction.

As far as where people work....most people in Princeton and surrounding towns, don't work in town. These are mostly bedroom communities. Most people work in the medical or technology fields and travel to Worcester, or Framingham, or even as far as Boston to work.

Businesses that do exist in town are a few Xmas tree farms, a knitting store, an antique store, an old farm house that use to be a resturaunt that's used only for weddings now, 2 resturaunts, the ski mountain, a small market, a pizza place, a weird ice cream place, a bank, perhaps a im forgetting one or two things, and then town utilities offices, which all butt the light dept are located at the town center.

It's a fairly affluent community but it's small, rural, hilly, and beautiful.

Specific locations:

Her Body - her body was found on the end of an old road called Connors Lane. You can see it on a map. Her body was found along that road roughly 100 ft in a believe (but various reports differed in distance from Rd) - right side of Rd, going north.

Her Moms house is on the same side of the road as Connors lane, and is angled sideways and has 3 dormer Windows on the 3rd floor, which makes it easy to find on a map.

From what I can tell looking at the map, it doesn't appear any home would have had a clear shot of her mothers home, or of the path she was found on. The foliage btw homes appears thick, and would have been at its peak of denseness in early August making visibility even more challenges to watch someone from your home, at least I'd think.

Great post! It fleshes out the context nicely. Thank you for the clear good specifics on locations. They check out exactly against what I'd read and mapped.

Please let me know if you can think of other things to put on the map, or if you'd be interested in adding to it yourself. Here's a link to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member