MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mspnews.org/2016/11/dark-suv-sought-in-connection-to-marcotte-homicide/

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/pol...relation-to-princeton-jogger-murder/467889519

130146f7e4a9323362fe1cc89dd001f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Earlier they said the person is familiar with the area. This is the opportunity for everyone in the area to think about this and call in anything that may be known re: this Dark SUV..to help solve this case and stop this from happening again. Save another life - do the right thing.

Ahhh finally.
"No other information about the case will be released at this time".
I wonder what else they have.

Respectfully, snipped.
Ahhh finally.

I'll second that. Finally something.

Thanks to those who posted links and the update!

As I just said in my recent post, LE seemed to think early on there was a car involved or on the scene at the time in question. If a man in car was involved, this points to a cocky, impulsive, or not that intelligent person. It would very very risky to have a car on scene, given that someone could notice it. (Which might be the case here.)

I wonder if the description of the car is something that they just found out, which wouldn't seem likely? Perhaps, for whatever reason, they suspected early on such a car might be involved and they were fishing for corroboration? Any thoughts?

Let's hope this goes somewhere! At the very least we know they have some info. I continue to believe they have more than they are releasing, but this could just be wishful thinking.

Not that far up the path at all.
I took a ride up Brook Station Rd. last week. Now that the foliage is mostly gone, I wanted to see how far in the path I could see. There was blue ribbon that marked the crime scene still hanging on some bushes. I know there were questions about how far back in the woods she was found, and unless there is more blue ribbon further back that I couldn't see, it was only about 100 ft from the road, maybe even a little less.
Another thing that I noticed, is that the path is separate from the Conner Lane extension that was discussed. They both exit at the same place on Brook Station Rd, however, the path where VM was found is 90 degrees to the road. Conner Lane goes off between 2 stone walls at about roughly 300 degrees (about 10 oclock) if you were standing at the road facing the path. I remember MSM saying there was an opening where someone had excavated where she was found. Maybe that path was a driveway for a house that was going to be built?
One other thing that I noticed, is to the right of the path,(south) behind the guardrail, is a gully that is about 15 feet deep, meaning the path is built up to make it level with the road. I'm not saying this happened, but if someone was in wait, they could have hid in that gully without being seen, then ambushed her. That gully was hard to see last summer with all the tall grass etc.
I'll post the path again from Google Maps. If you pan out to a top view, you can see not only the gully, but also where Conner Lane exits.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.437...4!1swUDhqHyFMGZYhtDdiYpJDA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Thank you for posting your insightful observations. I have often studied the area on GE and discovered it to be just as you describe. The GE maps were captured in 2011. Photos posted in MSM of the CS do not depict a grassy green pathway as we see in GE but one more barren due to drought, perhaps. MHO, VM was targeted and ambushed.

Kickoff, and everyone! thanks for the helpful tip on the dark SUV being a possible vehicle seen parked near the CS.

If the vehicle was parked near the scene she was found, it brings this back to an original theory that she could have been attacked and then the person went to get supplies , using vehicle to rush back and cover it up. Just an opinion, nothing more.

It seems the abduction, killing and cover up would all be a long time for vehicle to be parked there. Which leads to the thinking of it being both foot and vehicle. With vehicle used briefly to bring supplies and rush the cover up, after she had fought, leaving evidence.

I think it's just as risky to (a) return to the murder scene, especially if nobody saw the crime anyway (wouldn't you just be grateful that you were out of there with nobody seeing you?) and then (b) park your vehicle out on the road. Of course it can't and shouldn't be ruled out though.

I suppose a lot hinges on where it was parked on BS Road. When they say "on", they likely mean just parked on the side of the road on the grass - in which case, I agree that would be risky (though this killer seems to be very brazen and prone to risky behaviour). However, if it was parked a little way down the cart path but still technically "on" BS Road, maybe the killer thought it wouldn't be obviously visible and thus was confident of committing the crime (and willing to do so, such was his lust) with a decreased (as distinct from a zero) chance of the car being seen.

I think it's just as risky to (a) return to the murder scene, especially if nobody saw the crime anyway (wouldn't you just be grateful that you were out of there with nobody seeing you?) and then (b) park your vehicle out on the road. Of course it can't and shouldn't be ruled out though.

I suppose a lot hinges on where it was parked on BS Road. When they say "on", they likely mean just parked on the side of the road on the grass - in which case, I agree that would be risky (though this killer seems to be very brazen and prone to risky behaviour). However, if it was parked a little way down the cart path but still technically "on" BS Road, maybe the killer thought it wouldn't be obviously visible and thus was confident of committing the crime (and willing to do so, such was his lust) with a decreased (as distinct from a zero) chance of the car being seen.

Well, it was reported she fought and left wounds, leading to evidence left behind on her. And with the thinking he may not have expected that, it could have led him to then want to try to get rid of that evidence. So, if by chance he was on foot, he would have to go get supplies and may use vehicle to do that , to bring things to do the act and make it quick. Just a thought as to what could have happened and car parked there for less time.

I do think her level of fighting was unexpected - leading to a rushed attempt at cover up - possibly an experienced person with crime, ending up looking unorganized.

Anyway, people in Princeton and surrounding areas need to focus their mind, and recall anybody who owned a dark SUV at 7 August (bearing in mind that the killer may have since sold the vehicle. I know here in Australia we recently had a case where an alleged killer sold a vehicle that he allegedly used to transport and dispose of a victim's body. The car was sold just a few days later the alleged murder).

Howdy,Joshua. My all time favorite movie is The Thornbirds. I watch it traditionally every Christmas.

The dark SUV parked near where the CS is located tells me it could be on that small black top area at the end of the guardrail. Perp has hood pulled open. Perp grabs our victim. Is able to drag her to point in woods where blue CS tapes are tied onto tree and shrubbery branches. This Perp was prepared. Her clothes are removed. Her hair, feet and hands are burned.

Why burn her beautiful hair? I understand burning the feet so she couldn't run any more.

LEO has perp DNA or wouldn't be asking for area residents to voluntarily to give a buccal swab.

It seems those who were close to her knew of VMs pattern of Sunday afternoon walks/jogging and so did those who lived along her Sunday stroll in Pr.

Many vehicles used in crimes are sold to chop shops or painted a different color after a crime.

On ID TV last evening, a couple drove around neighborhoods looking for a target for three hours until the animal hopped out and grabbed a teenager off the side of the road. Of course, he tossed her into their van and the female driver sped away.

VMs killer could have been driving around searching for his perfect prey. He drove past her as previously suggested. Parked. Grabbed. Dragged her into the woods. Burned her. Possibly no accelerant. Twenty minutes beginning to end. Left with at least an hour's head start getaway. Time to have an argument. Turn off phone and go relax by the lake? Get the he!! out of Dodge? Drive straight home?

Gosh! The Possibilities!

:cow: I do not see a cover up by the Perp.

Perp left VM nude in the open air in the woods on a pathway, albeit a seldom traveled one. The burning of VM was fury.

If VM is snagged from the road and dragged fighting into the wooded area 100 feet along the pathway, I wanna think Vanessa broke free to run some of that length. He was pizzed when he finally caught up to her. If he stuffed her mouth, maybe with her shirt, she couldn't be heard screaming while he tortured. Torture was the excitement for him. So was the element of fire that psychopaths are fascinated by.

Eager for a COD to be released and anticipate it to be up close and personal strangulation. Not personal in that the Perp held a vendetta against VM. No, not necessarily. It was personally exciting for the Perp to watch her expressions of fear and agony as her body struggled to get free.

The Perp was in control of her life and that was the motive. This person wanted to control VMs life by ending it in death. This type killer kills again. Or else she was targeted and the killer felt the same excitement but no longer must suppress the irresistible desire to kill as it died when VM did.

:cow: I do not see a cover up by the Perp.

Perp left VM nude in the open air in the woods on a pathway, albeit a seldom traveled one. The burning of VM was fury.

If VM is snagged from the road and dragged fighting into the wooded area 100 feet along the pathway, I wanna think Vanessa broke free to run some of that length. He was pizzed when he finally caught up to her. If he stuffed her mouth, maybe with her shirt, she couldn't be heard screaming while he tortured. Torture was the excitement for him. So was the element of fire that psychopaths are fascinated by.

Eager for a COD to be released and anticipate it to be up close and personal strangulation. Not personal in that the Perp held a vendetta against VM. No, not necessarily. It was personally exciting for the Perp to watch her expressions of fear and agony as her body struggled to get free.

The Perp was in control of her life and that was the motive. This person wanted to control VMs life by ending it in death. This type killer kills again. Or else she was targeted and the killer felt the same excitement but no longer must suppress the irresistible desire to kill as it died when VM did.
Why after 3 1/2 months are they just now getting the vehicle description and color out? This doesn't make one iota of sense. Unless the police are using this as a ruse to detract from the actual killer. Maybe sluethers are getting too close to the truth? Or, are they hoping the killer will let his defenses down as he knows he wasn't driving a dark SUV.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Respectfully, snipped.

I'll second that. Finally something.

Thanks to those who posted links and the update!

As I just said in my recent post, LE seemed to think early on there was a car involved or on the scene at the time in question. If a man in car was involved, this points to a cocky, impulsive, or not that intelligent person. It would very very risky to have a car on scene, given that someone could notice it. (Which might be the case here.)

I wonder if the description of the car is something that they just found out, which wouldn't seem likely? Perhaps, for whatever reason, they suspected early on such a car might be involved and they were fishing for corroboration? Any thoughts?

Let's hope this goes somewhere! At the very least we know they have some info. I continue to believe they have more than they are releasing, but this could just be wishful thinking.
I don't think that LE knew the description of the car early on, at all.
In earlier discussions, I was wondering if they did have a car in mind, why didn't they give the description? The thoughts were that they were holding that information close to the vest. Why the sudden change?
I think they wanted people to call in information about a car parked/traveling on BSR a few months ago, because that was a possibility, rather than a fact. I think they were grasping for clues because they had little to go on.
I still think they have little to go on. If they knew more,and had any idea who did this, they wouldn't have asked the public for more help. I think they went through the 1000 + tips, and a high percentage of calls mentioned a dark SUV.
I know they said the car was spotted parked along BSR "around" the time of the murder. Too bad they didn't narrow that time down some. the reason I say this, is because the Ma. State Police have dark unmarked SUVS, and they were on the scene not long after. Was it one of these that were spotted? I know they blocked the road off, but they may have done that after the body was found, meaning cars would have still been traveling on BSR before she was found, and may have seen a State Police SUV. far fetched, but maybe?
I hope they are on to something. This is just a thought.

If the vehicle was parked near the scene she was found, it brings this back to an original theory that she could have been attacked and then the person went to get supplies , using vehicle to rush back and cover it up. Just an opinion, nothing more.
There was only a 2 hour window.
If he lived that close, why not walk back to the woods, rather than take the chance that someone would remember the SUV being parked on BSR?

They've been insistent that the murder occurred between 1pm and 3pm. So, you'd have to think they'd only be interested in sightings that witnesses could lay as being in the early afternoon. If the witness said that it was at any time later or towards dusk, then the police would just disregard that lead.

There was only a 2 hour window.
If he lived that close, why not walk back to the woods, rather than take the chance that someone would remember the SUV being parked on BSR?

I'm with you

If you were to return to the crime scene in your car and park it on the road, wouldn't you be more likely to do so at night- under the cover of darkness? That she was found at 8:20pm in the Summer months would mean that there would only be a very small window to return at night. Not saying that he definitely wouldn't return in the day, but I think it would be less likely than returning at night - which he really had no chance to do given the time the body was found. While it definitely can’t be ruled out that he returned in the day, I think it’s less likely than not returning. You’ve just gotten away with the killing, in the sense that nobody has seen or heard you and you've fled the scene – yes,there may be DNA left at the scene but you know you’re not in the national database. It’s so risky and somewhat unnecessary to return in daylight given those circumstances. The risk outweighs the benefit, given that you’re not in the national DNA database (assuming that he isn't in the database which it appears he isn't).

Here's another scenario.
If there was a car involved,what if it drove past VM when she first left her Moms, or turned around after it drove by her going the other way, as someone reported? There are 2 guys in the SUV. They get ahead far enough that she is no longer in sight. One gets out and hides, and waits to ambush V.M., or drives up to her from behind, while one jumps out and drags her in the woods. The other drives away and returns later to pick him up. The car is only parked on the side of the road for a short period of time waiting for the guy to come out of the woods.
If this happened, neither could have used their cell phones, to talk to each other, because LE would have the ping .
Could be totally off the mark here, but I am having a hard time believing anyone could be that risky with the car parked for that long in such a remote area away from houses. Most small town cops around here would stop and check it out in a heartbeat, unless it is during hunting season.
I'm with you DeDee. So many scenarios. So few clues

Here's another scenario.
If there was a car involved,what if it drove past VM when she first left her Moms, or turned around after it drove by her going the other way, as someone reported? There are 2 guys in the SUV. They get ahead far enough that she is no longer in sight. One gets out and hides, and waits to ambush V.M., or drives up to her from behind, while one jumps out and drags her in the woods. The other drives away and returns later to pick him up. The car is only parked on the side of the road for a short period of time waiting for the guy to come out of the woods.
If this happened, neither could have used their cell phones, to talk to each other, because LE would have the ping .
Could be totally off the mark here, but I am having a hard time believing anyone could be that risky with the car parked for that long in such a remote area away from houses. Most small town cops around here would stop and check it out in a heartbeat, unless it is during hunting season.
I'm with you DeDee. So many scenarios. So few clues

Interesting.

Just building on that...how long would the killer need? While it's impossible to be precise, in my opinion it could have been as little as 20 minutes from when he parked the car to when he took off after the crime. That would be the minimum time. While that's a long time to have the car on the side of the road - it's not an eternity; especially if it was partially out of sight such as a little way down the cart path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste