MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the pond is on the opposite side as the CS.
I misread your post to say that LE was parked opposite the CS.

Thank you. Actually, my wording was confusing so I apologize. I was beginning to suspect that I may have a brain disease that disrupts my data centers.

If a dark SUV was indeed involved, I'm tending to lean towards agreeing with posters who say that perhaps the perpetrator was dropped off up the near the cart path and waited for Vanessa there after passing her further up the road at the start of her run. Perhaps the SUV then picked up the perpetrator some time later when the perpetrator had finished with her (perhaps providing a blow torch for the perpetrator to 'clean up' with, and the vehicle would also be a place to carry off her clothes in).

To me, it seems unlikely that the SUV was parked on the side of the road the whole time the crime took place - which I think was at least 30 minutes in duration. There would have been more SUV witnesses and they would have been more adamant about the sightings, which would have meant the SUV information would have been released much earlier by police than a whole 3 or 4 months after the murder.

Perp's movements in this crime are not revealed to us and once we learn them they may not make sense to us because we are normal. Killers, by the very nature of the word, are not nice people who do sensible things. This evil Creature in the Woods needs to be caught, tried, and sentenced to life without parole.

With swimming pools on numerous properties and private tennis courts, it seems like an area of gentry that contrasts and contradicts with the actions of Perp. ForensicMass was left disturbed by an unpleasant feeling in the area.

If Perp drove away from the lip of asphalt, in the direction of the pond, tossed an item of interest out driver's side window (her phone?), and turned left at Radford to its end at Hwy 62/Hubbardston Rd. then, they are home free. Again, how did LE ever know to look at this particular spot?

As the getaway goes, I don't see Perp as nervous but rather thrilled to point of being almost giddy about his accomplishment to control and overpower this beautiful young lady.

Yes, I suppose if they found something near the pond, it would depend on how close to the pond. Whether it could be tossed from the vehicle going the direction you describe, or if someone would have to walk in to the location.

What do you mean by left on Radford to its end at Hwy 62/Hubbardston Rd...then they are home free?

A while a go, it had been mentioned that Hubbardston Rd is directly through the trees from the CS going by the pond, where there are some houses on it and yet it had not been talked about much. Do you mean those houses?

Before things get too confusing, let me explain a few things.
If you go back a page or two, I posted about those 11 State Police cruisers near the pond.
The addy is 12 Brooks Station Road. That is north of the crime scene about a half mile or so. the cruisers are parked on the same side of the road as the crime scene. The footage of the cruisers and the pond taken by helicopter, was taken a few days before the footage of LE removing the evidence. They combined the two in the video.
The evidence footage was taken at 72 Brooks Station Road. That is south of the CS, taken a few days after the footage of the pond. The banking in the footage behind the detective is on the west side of BSR just south of the driveway across the road from the CS. If you run the video just past the footage of the evidence bag, you will see the telephone poles beyond the black car that is parked. The telephone poles are on the east side of BSR, the same side as the CS.

I think I understand what you are saying Rocky, thanks. We don't know if they found anything at the first search North or not. But it seems they did walk out with something from the search South. Yet, there is a lot we don't know they may have found , determined, examined, etc. I would think something new would be said soon on this, particularly if they did the advanced testing mentioned.

wondering if this could be a stalker who once he sees his victim he has to have them and stakes them out etc until he makes a move

wondering cuz KV/vanessa marcotte, everyone has mentioned the case similarities but nobody mentioned it due to her NYC ties, maybe he saw her in nyc too and stalked her coming home on some weekends cuz she went home every weekend to MA, and finally had her schedule down and made his move

wondering if this could be a stalker who once he sees his victim he has to have them and stakes them out etc until he makes a move

wondering cuz KV/vanessa marcotte, everyone has mentioned the case similarities but nobody mentioned it due to her NYC ties, maybe he saw her in nyc too and stalked her coming home on some weekends cuz she went home every weekend to MA, and finally had her schedule down and made his move

If you started at the beginning in the first thread you would see that this has been discussed at length. General consensus, and one that I agree with, is that these two cases are not connected. There is nothing to suggest that they are connected. Law-enforcement collected DNA in both cases and if these two cases were perpetrated by the same individual law enforcement would already know it and this information would be known to the public at this point in the investigation for public safety reasons. I apologize if this comes off as harsh sounding I don't mean it that way. it's just that a lot of people seem to jump in to the conversation without reading the rest of the threads and it causes the conversation to go in circles, instead of encouraging it to progress.

I think I understand what you are saying Rocky, thanks. We don't know if they found anything at the first search North or not. But it seems they did walk out with something from the search South. Yet, there is a lot we don't know they may have found , determined, examined, etc. I would think something new would be said soon on this, particularly if they did the advanced testing mentioned.
True, we don't know if they found anything near the pond, (north) or not.
What we do know is they were searching near the pond a few days before they found evidence south of the CS, then no reports of any more searches near the pond.
Either the perp went north or south. I doubt he doubled back.
Based on the evidence seen south of the CS in the video, combined with the lack of any reports that they found any north, my guess is he went south when he fled.
They may have been looking for something in particular when they were searching near the pond, then found it south a few days later.

If you started at the beginning in the first thread you would see that this has been discussed at length. General consensus, and one that I agree with, is that these two cases are not connected. There is nothing to suggest that they are connected. Law-enforcement collected DNA in both cases and if these two cases were perpetrated by the same individual law enforcement would already know it and this information would be known to the public at this point in the investigation for public safety reasons. I apologize if this comes off as harsh sounding I don't mean it that way. it's just that a lot of people seem to jump in to the conversation without reading the rest of the threads and it causes the conversation to go in circles, instead of encouraging it to progress.

You will note there has always been a flock of new and/or near first time posters who fly in and out on this thread; one of the reasons I stopped following in Dec after following daily from day one.

It is difficult to pinpoint. IF it is someone in the area getting rid of evidence...it would more than likely be disposed opposite direction or a distance from residence..if not keeping it.

It is difficult to pinpoint. IF it is someone in the area getting rid of evidence...it would more than likely be disposed opposite direction or a distance from residence..if not keeping it.
Are you thinking he got rid of the evidence in the opposite direction to throw off LE?
I would think he wouldn't want to keep it.
You make a good point. If the evidence was found deeper in the woods at a different location, I don't see an SUV being involved, if it was found along the road, then maybe so.

I have a comment re: the topic at hand being discussed by Rocky, DeDee and Kickoff. Some good stuff!

First, I feel compelled to comment on writermom's post last wk, so that we don't lose a potentially helpful contributor and because it's the right thing to do for her sake, IMO. That post had relevance and wasn't unfair, IMO. I think it might have come off as unfair to some *only* because of the post that followed that went off on a tangent. Vanessa had Crohn's, as is well known. We don’t know if she was taking a prescription to help control it. I'm a believer in as little medication as necessary -- but sometimes medications are necessary. (I’d bet Vanessa felt the same way.)

That post relates to the discussion of the possibility of Vanessa running into someone during a "store visit" a while back. It's somewhat nuanced, so I'm not rehashing it. I don't tend to believe the scenario writermom suggested happened for a few reasons. However, there was relevance, IMO. It’s obvious she was following along, as she mentioned the theory proposed about the perp fleeing south. We could use all the people who know how to interact in groups and are at least pretty up-to-speed on things.

However, I agree with the first part of Mainely’s initial response. EVEY -- talk of what RXs you or anyone is taking does not belong here. For one, it is a private matter. Secondly, Mainely is right -- there are unbalanced people out there, some of whom would rob and kill for the controlled medications you take. Please, no need to comment. I don’t want to get this thread more off track.

Mainely – I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but I think you *might* have associated writermom’s comment with the one that followed it or... Whatever, I appreciated the thought behind the post. Your sensitivity and intelligence come through clearly. You and people like you make being on this site more palatable to me (and surely others). Being on a crime site (or any open anonymous site) is not my thing. I joined after stumbling across this site while looking for an update about this crime because I found it especially tragic, not to mention infuriating.

Thanks.

Rocky, I agree with you that the fact that LE found some kind of evidence (which may or may not be Vanessa's phone) south of the CS does *suggests* (not a definite) that the perp did a U on BSR and escaped south. (This is IF there was a dark SUV involved, the perp was the driver and the vehicle was parked on BSR.)

DeDee provided the distance south of the CS in feet (thanks, DeDee). It's 0.07 mile, to provide additional context -- that's roughly about 2/3rds of a rather typical suburban block.

Kickoff did bring up an interesting possibility -- the perp could have purposely left the evidence in the opposite direction as the direction he fled. For some reason, I don't believe this was the case. I have nothing concrete to offer. The general consensus has been that he is arrogant. If that's accurate, I don't think he'd feel the need to make additional efforts to throw LE off. But I do think it's something we should keep in mind as a possibility.

Kickoff's mention of how deep the evidence was found in the woods potentially being very relevant was a good one. I, too, would think that it would be crazy to park his car while he went fairly deep into the woods to get rid of whatever evidence it was. Though even something solid (like a phone) wouldn't go very far if he threw it while inside the vehicle. IF this general escape scenario is accurate, my guess is that he quickly stopped the vehicle, got out next to it and threw whatever evidence it was deeper into the woods. (Assuming it was something that had a little weight; something very light wouldn't go far.) This could be done very quickly, without leaving his car unattended. Given the crime he just committed and the fact that's he likely bruised/scratched, I just can not see even the most arrogant person leaving his car unattended.

That's my two cents. Interested to hear from others.

searunner, you are correct. I have a tendency to speedread, which is reading in phrases, so all data is not always incorporated correctly. If I miss reading the word not in a sentence, it throws off the entire meaning.

Many good thoughts here.I will preface by acknowledging that LE has much more info that has not been released. Considering now that perp may have fled south, what are the possibilities that Vanessa went to Sweets and Java or the Bagel Inn in Holden? I know that whenever I am away from home, upon returning, I like to bump into local people. In my opinion, the likelihood of bumping into Wachusett area or Bancroft friends would be greater in Holden as it is more central. Also, maybe she enjoyed a little longer drive by herself as she did not drive in New York. This the most commercial and busiest of those towns. There is a CVS and Walgreens which also makes me wonder if she could have picked up a prescription, thus could this involve drugs? Holden is the busiest of those towns and not far. Easy for perp to follow her back to Princeton without being noticed.

We had a murder case on WS where a young lady was abducted at the Walgreen's Taken after using the movie red box drop in the Highlands of Dallas. She was later found in her vehicle that had been driven to the edge of a concrete creek bed.

If it took me five hours to go to my former hometown area, every other weekend from the Big Apple, I would certainly look up and spend time with friends from school or church who remain in the area.

That reminds me. The other day I researched the Catholic Church where VMs wake was held to see when she may attend for communion service. Did she attend on Saturday, followed by dinner with her father, or Sunday or not at all that weekend?

Liturgical Celebrations
Lord’s Day Masses:
Saturday: 5PM
Sunday: 8AM, 9:45AM, 11:45AM, & 5PM
Daily Mass: 8AM (M, T, W, F)
Communion Service: 8AM (Thursday)

The church held a special service for VM on Sunday, August, 14, 2016 (1 week posthumous)
http://ourladylake.org/bulletins/20160814.pdf

This 2015 annual marathon run is mentioned in VMs obit. http://brewster-ma.gov/376-news-a-announcements/1698-brewster-hosts-37th-annual-brew-run
Proceeds from the Brew Run assist in supporting the Brewster Fire and Rescue Association whose members would like to thank all of the runners who participated in this year’s race...

searunner, you are correct. I have a tendency to speedread, which is reading in phrases, so all data is not always incorporated correctly. If I miss reading the word not in a sentence, it throws off the entire meaning.

We had a murder case on WS where a young lady was abducted at the Walgreen's Taken after using the movie red box drop in the Highlands of Dallas. She was later found in her vehicle that had been driven to the edge of a concrete creek bed.

If it took me five hours to go to my former hometown area, every other weekend from the Big Apple, I would certainly look up and spend time with friends from school or church who remain in the area.

That reminds me. The other day I researched the Catholic Church where VMs wake was held to see when she may attend for communion service. Did she attend on Saturday, followed by dinner with her father, or Sunday or not at all that weekend?

Hi DeDee,

Just to be clear, I do not think the scenario in writermom's post happened. For one, there would not be the "did she or did she not go to Mountainside" question, as someone in her household would have likely known she went to a store outside of Princeton. Secondly, there would be video evidence that she was there -- and I can't imagine why LE would hold that info back (though it's possible). Thirdly, while a quick store visit to anywhere is possible, I can't imagine her spending time anywhere (like at a bagel place or whatever) before her run, especially since she has Crohn's and surely had a tight schedule on Sunday. Could be wrong, of course.

I chimed in only bec I felt the response to writermom's post was not fair. And I can understand why that might have happened, given the follow-up post...

I don't know if Vanessa went to church that weekend or at all. Interesting question, though. It's never come up.

Hi DeDee,

Just to be clear, I do not think the scenario in writermom's post happened. For one, there would not be the "did she or did she not go to Mountainside" question, as someone in her household would have likely known she went to a store outside of Princeton. Secondly, there would be video evidence that she was there -- and I can't imagine why LE would hold that info back (though it's possible). Thirdly, while a quick store visit to anywhere is possible, I can't imagine her spending time anywhere (like at a bagel place or whatever) before her run, especially since she has Crohn's and surely had a tight schedule on Sunday. Could be wrong, of course.

I chimed in only bec I felt the response to writermom's post was not fair. And I can understand why that might have happened, given the follow-up post...

I don't know if Vanessa went to church that weekend or at all. Interesting question, though. It's never come up.
I don't think LE would have said if they had footage of VM anywhere, only because they have been tight lipped about everything else.
As far as church goes. Our Lady Of The Lake, is only about a mile from her Dads house.
That means she would have gone about 20 miles to her dads, (opposite the direction of the 111 Chop House where they ate sat. night) church, then to the restaurant. If she drove to her Dads, then it would have been back to her Dads, then back to Princeton after dinner. If her Dad picked her up, then he drove about 40 miles back and forth before church. She may have very well done that, not sure, but there is a Catholic church about 1 1/2 miles from her Moms/Aunts house at the end of Boylston Ave.

Rocky, I agree with you that the fact that LE found some kind of evidence (which may or may not be Vanessa's phone) south of the CS does *suggests* (not a definite) that the perp did a U on BSR and escaped south. (This is IF there was a dark SUV involved, the perp was the driver and the vehicle was parked on BSR.)

DeDee provided the distance south of the CS in feet (thanks, DeDee). It's 0.07 mile, to provide additional context -- that's roughly about 2/3rds of a rather typical suburban block.

Kickoff did bring up an interesting possibility -- the perp could have purposely left the evidence in the opposite direction as the direction he fled. For some reason, I don't believe this was the case. I have nothing concrete to offer. The general consensus has been that he is arrogant. If that's accurate, I don't think he'd feel the need to make additional efforts to throw LE off. But I do think it's something we should keep in mind as a possibility.

Kickoff's mention of how deep the evidence was found in the woods potentially being very relevant was a good one. I, too, would think that it would be crazy to park his car while he went fairly deep into the woods to get rid of whatever evidence it was. Though even something solid (like a phone) wouldn't go very far if he threw it while inside the vehicle. IF this general escape scenario is accurate, my guess is that he quickly stopped the vehicle, got out next to it and threw whatever evidence it was deeper into the woods. (Assuming it was something that had a little weight; something very light wouldn't go far.) This could be done very quickly, without leaving his car unattended. Given the crime he just committed and the fact that's he likely bruised/scratched, I just can not see even the most arrogant person leaving his car unattended.

That's my two cents. Interested to hear from others.

If he's in an SUV, I don't see him stopping at all on BSR and getting out after the crime, or even pulling over for that matter.

Hi DeDee,

RSBM
I can't imagine her spending time anywhere (like at a bagel place or whatever) before her run, especially since she has Crohn's and surely had a tight schedule on Sunday. Could be wrong, of course.

My bff SIL was diagnosed around age 24. He controls Crohn's with steroids. He has lived a happy, successful life with a beautiful wife and two precious kids for 18 years. We do not know the complexities, degree of severity, or status of VMs condition. All I know for sure is that she would require an excellent GI Team that she would visit regularly.

As I wrote once on these threads, everyone's thoughts and opinions matter and, are of value, as long as they reasonably follow the evidence. Even when we consider the HUD housing as a possible place for a POI, we are seeking possibilities and probabilities.

Why don't we self-assign ourselves the task of creating a profile for the killer then, we can compare notes?

For now, :bed:

My bff SIL was diagnosed around age 24. He controls Crohn's with steroids. He has lived a happy, successful life with a beautiful wife and two precious kids for 18 years. We do not know the complexities, degree of severity, or status of VMs condition. All I know for sure is that she would require an excellent GI Team that she would visit regularly.

As I wrote once on these threads, everyone's thoughts and opinions matter and, are of value, as long as they reasonably follow the evidence. Even when we consider the HUD housing as a possible place for a POI, we are seeking possibilities and probabilities.

Why don't we self-assign ourselves the task of creating a profile for the killer then, we can compare notes?

For now, :bed:

I agree with you. That's why I brought up writer mom's post, as I feel it was unfairly treated (but surely, it was not intended).

My point was NOT to go down the Crohn's/medication speculation road she brought up or alluded to, more accurately, as I clearly prefaced. I just wanted my post to say, "hey, writermom, please feel free to post again."

While it's on my mind -- let me shout out to Tempura, kayaker and JEF -- all posters who interacted well w/ others and had sharp insights. I'm afraid they were likely turned off by the site due to the tone -- can't blame them. It's one big reason I joined in Sept, but didn't post until Nov. Fortunately, the tone has improved, imo.

Perp's movements in this crime are not revealed to us and once we learn them they may not make sense to us because we are normal. Killers, by the very nature of the word, are not nice people who do sensible things. This evil Creature in the Woods needs to be caught, tried, and sentenced to life without parole.

With swimming pools on numerous properties and private tennis courts, it seems like an area of gentry that contrasts and contradicts with the actions of Perp. ForensicMass was left disturbed by an unpleasant feeling in the area.

If Perp drove away from the lip of asphalt, in the direction of the pond, tossed an item of interest out driver's side window (her phone?), and turned left at Radford to its end at Hwy 62/Hubbardston Rd. then, they are home free. Again, how did LE ever know to look at this particular spot?

As the getaway goes, I don't see Perp as nervous but rather thrilled to point of being almost giddy about his accomplishment to control and overpower this beautiful young lady.
I see him feeling that excited just got away with it feel people get from shop lifting which maybe he will mess up by being over confident rather than worried and super careful cause to me this is a local it likely isn't his but first time he's experienced and gets off on the thrill of it all and stalked her. Maybe other victims he wasn't so invested in and the fact that he struck close to home gets him caught. I see him as being obsessed but having control to not strike but finally couldn't stop himself and maybe would usually attack victims like her to stop him from going after her. My question would be if he's done this before does he go for the same type of girl ans joggers? To kill the same type as her over and over?

My thoughts also except I see him living in her town and stalking her to New York and somehow seeibg KV likely at the train station and killing her cause she reminded him of his type and he couldn't yet kill Vanessa so karina was killed to tide him over like someone having a small snack before dinner but I also see the theory working also cause I've always thought it's one or the others and by not saying if they are or aren't connected it says to me they think it is and don't want to say so and cause panic and would just say so if it wasn't. And with the SUV it could be a rental from New York or they didn't release it cause they had a suspect but it turned out to not pan out so now they want the publics help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth