MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught a glimpse of him being walked into the building.

My thought based on them saying he needs a translator and not saying what he does work wise but that he worked in the area makes me wonder if he was doing under the table garden or landscaping at a home often that she ran by and more specifically maybe one closest to the site. And I don't mean it cause he's Spanish but because I don't know how many other jobs he could be doing if he needs a translator and if I recall people states the area is mostly upperclass white people so I had pictured a older white guy.

I wonder if he's gone to school where she has or maybe her mentor or volunteer work put her around him. I kinda feel it wasn't random in the sense of he knew who she was and had been stalking her when he would see her
Or just obsessed. Maybe they'd exchanged polite words but nobody she knew but maybe would recognize. I still don't get how it's his first crime(if it is)

My other reason for saying gardener landscaper etc is she could run by and he could have left on break or after work and maybe the home owners weren't around and wouldn't notice him being gone for a bit so in way for all they'd know he had an alibi and wouldn't think to turn him in and with those jobs cuts and scrapes would seem not so odd. Then again he could be playing dumb but actually speaks English well. I doubt that though.

One of my employees (a legal immigrant) is a custodian at a state building, so a state job, and she speaks very little English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.32.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.32.30 AM.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 141
Do we have a photo of him yet? Mug shot? I'm so confused. Not that it matters but why the secrecy of it? Usually they parade them out for media to snap photos, release mug shots etc. What if this guy has commited other crimes against woman, and someone can finally say "omg that's the guy who raped me". Jmo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The DA’s office used Parabon NanoLabs, a DNA technology company, in Virginia to conduct Snapshot DNA phenotyping for Vanessa Marcotte’s case. In February 2017 the DA’s office released a verbal / written description of the suspect based on DNA taken from the crime scene.

Quoted from NECN 2/23/17: "According to Greytak (of Parabon Labs) they always produce an image of the person they have tested. However, investigators in Princeton did not release one Thursday.”

I'm wondering if the DA's office kept the snapshot from the public and only distributed it to LE (MSP and local area police). Perhaps that is why Trooper Parr was able to zero in on Ortiz so quickly. Just my opinion....

Interestingly in 2016 Hampden County DA also used Parabon to help generate leads in the cold case murder of Lisa Zeigert (Agawam, MA) and immediately shared the suspect DNA phenotype snapshot to the public at a press conference.

Early's approach is much different and I'm wondering how this will all play out in the coming months. I'm praying there will finally be justice for Vanessa, her family and her friends.

One last thing that bothered me- it has been mentioned in threads previously that eyewitnesses saw the dark SUV stalking Vanessa while jogging. If that is true, why in the world didn't they dial 911 or attempt to pull over to help her? I remember back in high school my sister and I had ridden our bikes on a 10 mile round trip on rural roads. My Dad was driving by and pulled over to check on us. A concerned driver saw this, turned his car around and idled in front of my Dad's car. He asked my sister and I "Is this guy bothering you?" We immediately explained he was our Dad and then the man waved and drove off. This was back in 1994 but I felt reassured that a complete stranger was willing to make sure 2 high school girls were safe.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Homeland security not having a retainer on him means nothing. If his record is clean he wouldn't be on their radar, doesn't mean he is legal and doesn't mean he hasn't committed other crime and not been caught. Waiting to see it. Not going to assume from what has been written. Jmo

I'm not even sure why the focus is on that anyways. If his name was johnny boy smith, it wouldn't change that he killed an innocent woman. And a pleennnnty johnny boy smiths kill ppl. And a pleeeennnty Jose gonzales do not...

I'm not even sure why the focus is on that anyways. If his name was johnny boy smith, it wouldn't change that he killed an innocent woman. And a pleennnnty johnny boy smiths kill ppl. And a pleeeennnty Jose gonzales do not...

Those things were in a article i linked, i commented on what was said. No one has to agree with my comment, no matter to me. Jmo

Will use an interpreter:

Christina Hager‏Verified account @HagerWBZ 3m3 minutes ago

Member of defense team for Angelo Colon-Ortiz says he was born in Puerto Rico, will use interpreter for arraignment. #VanessaMarcotte #wbz

https://twitter.com/HagerWBZ?lang=en

Will use an interpreter:

Christina Hager‏Verified account @HagerWBZ 3m3 minutes ago

Member of defense team for Angelo Colon-Ortiz says he was born in Puerto Rico, will use interpreter for arraignment. #VanessaMarcotte #wbz

https://twitter.com/HagerWBZ?lang=en

He has a "team"? Wonder how much this will cost the taxpayers.....
Moo

Yes, this. Since early indications were that he is from Puerto Rico, the refusal to say he is a citizen smacks of racism to me. <mod snip>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Defendant appears to be arraigned while he stands in doorway of courtroom.

He worked for FedEx as driver

Crime occurred outside of his work hrs

Asking for 10 mill bail

Yes, this. Since early indications were that he is from Puerto Rico, the refusal to say he is a citizen smacks of racism to me. Upset to see Trumpism on display in my usually liberal-minded state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Trumpism? Wth. Because LE didn't know that he was a citizen, may be suspects lack of english language hindered that to be a fact when they were asked. Jmo

I was just watching TV footage (Boston WHDH News 7) of Ortiz being brought into the courthouse in Leominster but they were filming through a thick fence so it was hard to get a good look at his face.

He worked for FedEx as driver

Crime occurred outside of his work hrs

Asking for 10 mill bail

This is just my opinion but if he was driving for FedEx he has to have some basic level of spoken English. Part of me is not fully buying this need for an interpreter. I am familiar with ELL students of all ages but something just doesn't feel right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member