MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those things were in a article i linked, i commented on what was said. No one has to agree with my comment, no matter to me. Jmo

I just noted you have commented the same thing more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just my opinion but if he was driving for FedEx he has to have some basic level of spoken English. Part of me is not fully buying this need for an interpreter. I am familiar with ELL students of all ages but something just doesn't feel right.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They want to make damn sure he understands the proceedings.

Same as johnny boy smith

I'd say that for any suspect using the state's dime for a dream team of lawyers. This has nothing to do with ethnicity and I am sorry if you thought I'm with the people cheering that suspect is an illegal immigrant. I assure you I'm not in that camp

They want to make damn sure he understands the proceedings.

Your point makes sense. A mistrial could occur if the defendant is able to successfully claim that he didn't understand the procedure nor his Miranda rights etc. I guess I take the cynical role that a suspect is going go to try any ploy or angle they can to wiggle out of the legal process. My biggest fear is that violent perpetrators will walk on a technicality and be free to reoffend.
JMO

I'd say that for any suspect using the state's dime for a dream team of lawyers. This has nothing to do with ethnicity and I am sorry if you thought I'm with the people cheering that suspect is an illegal immigrant. I assure you I'm not in that camp

I don't think MA has DP. Anytime DP is on the table, there would be more than one lawyer. But I am not sure why the team at this point.

The defense attorney said he is a US citizen. The defense attorney will also say he did not commit this murder.

Your point makes sense. A mistrial could occur if the defendant is able to successfully claim that he didn't understand the procedure nor his Miranda rights etc. I guess I take the cynical role that a suspect is going go to try any ploy or angle they can to wiggle out of the legal process. My biggest fear is that violent perpetrators will walk on a technicality and be free to reoffend.
JMO

Now that I think about it, was an interpreter present when LE requested and obtained the buccal DNA swab from Ortiz? If not this could possibly complicate things. Just my opinion.....

"The black SUV, later discovered to be a Ford Escape, became a vehicle of interest after a witness tipped police off that they had seen the vehicle twice near the scene of the murder.

The witness saw the vehicle two times. Around 12 p.m., the witness saw that Colon-Ortiz's vehicle appeared to be broken down, as he was standing near the car with the hood up. Then, at 2:05 p.m., the witness saw Ortiz and his vehicle again, this time with the hood and all the doors closed."

"Prosecutors also revealed that Marcotte's phone was turned off the day of her death. A check of the cellular provider shows that Marcotte's phone was shut off after 2:11 p.m.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/do_not_publish_angelo_colon-or.html

OH SNAP..... and crap.... :( I hope not.

Now that I think about it, was an interpreter present when LE requested and obtained the buccal DNA swab from Ortiz? If not this could possibly complicate things. Just my opinion.....

"The black SUV, later discovered to be a Ford Escape, became a vehicle of interest after a witness tipped police off that they had seen the vehicle twice near the scene of the murder.

The witness saw the vehicle two times. Around 12 p.m., the witness saw that Colon-Ortiz's vehicle appeared to be broken down, as he was standing near the car with the hood up. Then, at 2:05 p.m., the witness saw Ortiz and his vehicle again, this time with the hood and all the doors closed."

"Prosecutors also revealed that Marcotte's phone was turned off the day of her death. A check of the cellular provider shows that Marcotte's phone was shut off after 2:11 p.m.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/do_not_publish_angelo_colon-or.html

Excellent update! I assume LE must have possession of Ortiz's black Ford Escape and are processing it for traces of blood etc.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eagle-eyed witness is who it appears gave LE the important info about the SUV and perp description.
Eagle-eyed state trooper, in the right place, right time, doggedly pursued a lead that was, literally, right in front of him.

Qualifications and requirements to be a FedEx Home Delivery driver in MA (from a job posting in Bridgewater MA)
Quick summary:
To Apply:

If you don't have the required 1 year of professional and verifiable driving experience in the last 3 years, please don't apply. You will not be qualified or hired.
Job Requirements:

-Available to work Monday thru Saturday each week

-Believe in yourself and and your ability to conquer challenges!

-Safely operate a truck, responsibly and comply with all DOT regulations

-Clean driving record over the last 3 years. (2 violations or less in 3 years and no DUI )

-1 year of verifiable commercial driving experience in the last 3 years or 5 in the last 10 years

-No CDL required. Will require a DOT card issued by Fedex

-Pass a mandatory background check, drug test, and reference check

-Ability to adapt and work as a team player

-Provide superior customer service

-Follow all policies and procedures

-Must be 21+

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk...7c08ec3ecf6012dd26f3773156e870cace3277f6b99df

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member