MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, north of the crime scene, and just before the intersection of Radford. The pond is on the west side of BSR. Not sure about your map, but Google 12 BSR, and you'll see it.

Yes, exactly.

So for some reason, they were searching North of the crime scene.

So for some reason, they were searching North of the crime scene.
Yes, same day they walked out of the woods with the evidence bag. The evidence bag was from the CS

Edit:
After watching the video again. although it was the same video, the search at the pond may have been previous to the search when the evidence bag was seen.

Yes, same day they walked out of the woods with the evidence bag. The evidence bag was from the CS

Interesting. And that is not the Mtn. Barn location at all. So, something led them further North in that area.

Interesting. And that is not the Mtn. Barn location at all. So, something led them further North in that area.
I edited my previous quote just to be clear.
No, there has never been any mention of a search near the mountain barn., Just an interview of the employees there.

I hope I don't do this twice. Long time lurker hear, who finally got their login information straight. I haven't read every page but I was wondering if you think the burns could have been chemical burns? There is a lot of focus on blow torches and fire, so I just thought I would ask.

FM. You think the perp may live in the Rutland, Holden, Worcester area.
What makes you think that, and, if your belief that she didn't go to the store, and wasn't seen before her walk/jog, then how did he know she'd be out at that time?
FWIW I completely agree with the theory that the perp resides in the above listed area

I hope I don't do this twice. Long time lurker hear, who finally got their login information straight. I haven't read every page but I was wondering if you think the burns could have been chemical burns? There is a lot of focus on blow torches and fire, so I just thought I would ask.
Welcome. There has been ideas that a form of accelerant was used, and/or a blow torch. I don't see it, but that doesn't mean there wasn't.
What do you think?

One of the questions I have to people who say that the perp. may have known VM's routine (that she goes jogging/walking every Sunday that she's in town before she returns home) is that if he did know the routine....then why would he park his SUV out on the road and, in doing so, risk his vehicle (and therefore him) being identified? Surely you would just patiently wait in the bush, or watch her leaving home and then follow on foot or bike, and not place your vehicle at the scene.

Yes, I have always believed the attack happened at the beginning of her run/walk and that there is no second crime scene. Could be wrong, of course. And, yes, it makes sense to think that his car was parked in the direction of traffic, so north. And, yes, I do lean toward him having her phone as he fled.

(One caveat to the direction of the car before moving on .... You weren't on the scene when this was mentioned, but I'm sure you saw it since you reviewed all the threads: According to a post, a witness reported early on that he/she saw a car turn around after passing a woman walking on BSR in the time frame of interest and when he/she looked again, saw the car parked, but not the woman. We don't know directions for the passing, etc., but IF this was Vanessa and the perp and IF the car passed her going north and then turned around and parked, the car would be facing south. Do you - or does anyone - recall the time reported for this sighting? I'm pretty sure there was a more narrow time frame than 1-3 pm.)

But, that aside, I do lean toward the car facing in the direction of traffic. Regardless of whether it was parked beforehand or he drove up to her, that makes more sense. If parked before Vanessa came by, it's less conspicuous. In the latter case, it makes sense that he'd drive up from behind so she'd have less time to see him.)

So if Vanessa was attacked at about 1:10 pm-ish about a half mile north of her mom's/aunt's and we're theorizing that the perp had the phone as he passed Mountain Barn at 2:25, that leaves about 1 hr 15 mins for the whole thing, including the drive. This fits Rocky's theory that the sicko enjoyed spending time with her; the thought of it just gives me chills. Just wanted to flesh out the timeline.

I like the direction you and Rocky were headed in talking about probable escape routes. I recall the area map pretty well in my mind, but I'm going to go back and look at it closely before weighing in.

Putting myself in this situation, my main goal in a deciding on a route home (assuming he went home, which seems a good assumption) would be to avoid police cars at all cost. (This assumes he's not from Princeton. If he is, the primary or co-primary, to make up a word, goal would surely be to avoid anyone he knows seeing him/his car. ) My paranoia would be so high that I'd be concerned a patrolling police car might spot me/my car and remember so after the crime came to light - or worse, that I'd be pulled over for some reason, even if I was obeying traffic laws and all was in order with my car. Of course, this might not be a good example, as, depending on his psychological profile, he could have been relatively cool and calm afterwards. I don't think that's the case, but I have nothing concrete to offer as support.

I'm not a local, so I don't know what a better route would be to lessen the chance of coming across a cop. In my area, however, I do know what roads they seem to be on more often.

I'll weigh in once I examine the map.

Interested to hear what others think? This is an impressive group!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lf-mile-mom-s-home-speaks-best-kid-world.html
last seen at 1 pm according to this article

Just curious, what makes you think that?
I have long believed this was someone VM knew. Perhaps not well, but someone she may have gone to school with or someone who worked at a local grocery store or something like that. The fact that no one (that we know of) has reported hearing a scream is what started me thinking along those lines.

The person who reported seeing the vehicle turn around and come back didn't indicate (s)he knew who it was, so I'm guessing it was someone young perhaps from a few towns over but close enough to have gone to the same school.

Finally, the person was driving along BSR at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and that would take the driver to those towns. The major Highways 495, 290 are all the other way from the perps direction of travel.

One of the questions I have to people who say that the perp. may have known VM's routine (that she goes jogging/walking every Sunday that she's in town before she returns home) is that if he did know the routine....then why would he park his SUV out on the road and, in doing so, risk his vehicle (and therefore him) being identified? Surely you would just patiently wait in the bush, or watch her leaving home and then follow on foot or bike, and not place your vehicle at the scene.
My thoughts all along.
If he knows the path, he is local, and if he knew/knew of VM and her routine, it was planned, and if it was planned, why the SUV?

I have long believed this was someone VM knew. Perhaps not well, but someone she may have gone to school with or someone who worked at a local grocery store or something like that. The fact that no one (that we know of) has reported hearing a scream is what started me thinking along those lines.

The person who reported seeing the vehicle turn around and come back didn't indicate (s)he knew who it was, so I'm guessing it was someone young perhaps from a few towns over but close enough to have gone to the same school.

Finally, the person was driving along BSR at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and that would take the driver to those towns. The major Highways 495, 290 are all the other way from the perps direction of travel.
I question the person that said they saw a car turn around and when they came back VM was gone. They would have had to turn around at around the same time too. How much time passed before they came back and and saw VM gone? Why didn't they mention an SUV parked along BSR?
A lot doesn't add up to me with that story.

Could he actually have been spotted on the vidcam at the Barre Savings Bank ? Driving a dark colored SUV ? And his vehicle matched a vehicle that someone called LE about seeing ? And perhaps the timing also matched ?
I've seen this reference to a dark SUV a few times now..do we now know that? I've been gone many threads and am trying to catch up, but that is a new piece of information

I question the person that said they saw a car turn around and when they came back VM was gone. They would have had to turn around at around the same time too. How much time passed before they came back and and saw VM gone? Why didn't they mention an SUV parked along BSR?
A lot doesn't add up to me with that story.
i have always gotten the impression it was someone out checking their mailbox and saw this..I feel as though I saw a video. I was in Maine at that time and may have seen it on the news. I can picture an older gentleman talking to a reporter about what he saw..

Do you think if it was someone that violent towards VM that she knew, she would have mentioned it to someone?Think there would have been some sort of an indication with harassment before hand?
Think if it was someone that had a grudge against her from Bancroft would still hold that grudge 10 years later, again with no harassment in between?
Do you think if she was ambushed from behind, hit in the head and knocked unconscious or was stunned, she would scream?

i have always gotten the impression it was someone out checking their mailbox and saw this..I feel as though I saw a video. I was in Maine at that time and may have seen it on the news. I can picture an older gentleman talking to a reporter about what he saw..
Ok, I wondered where the story came from. I do remember an older neighbor that was interviewed, but I don't remember exactly what he said. Thanks.

One thing to add, It was a Sunday. No mail on Sunday.

One thing to add, It was a Sunday. No mail on Sunday.
Hmm, you're right. Maybe he was tending his lawn. I do remember an older gentleman out in his yard talking to a reporter about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polkaroo9