MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, you're right. Maybe he was tending his lawn. I do remember an older gentleman out in his yard talking to a reporter about it though.
Ok. The older man I saw that was interviewed was standing in front of the door to his house.

Do you think if it was someone that violent towards VM that she knew, she would have mentioned it to someone?Think there would have been some sort of an indication with harassment before hand?
Think if it was someone that had a grudge against her from Bancroft would still hold that grudge 10 years later, again with no harassment in between?
Do you think if she was ambushed from behind, hit in the head and knocked unconscious or was stunned, she would scream?
I don't think this was someone Vanessa hung out with, merely someone she recognized and therefore wouldn't likely be fearful of. Depending on the size of a school, for example, seniors don't hang out with sophomores necessarily but they might recognize them on the street to nod at in passing. Same thing with an employee of a local Target or whatever.

Maybe he had the 'hots' for her and she never even knew. She may well not have had any idea this person was infatuated with her, if he was. There are many reasons why she may not have screamed, but I doubt very much she was killed in the road so my thinking is she wasn't initially afraid when approached. I don't know what happened to Vanessa other than she was horribly murdered.

I do think he happened upon her that day. I don't know that this was a pre-meditated murder. I'm not sure he planned to murder her at all. She may have rejected him, and he snapped.

State Police searched the woods off Boylston Avenue in Princeton Monday for evidence in the death of Vanessa Marcotte.
By Michael Levenson and Travis Andersen Globe Staff August 11, 2016

According to this, it appears it was North of the scene not South.

Yes, the search on Monday was north of the CS off Boylston. But that's not the search where LE carried off a brown bag (with what might have contained a phone) -- that search was on Thurs.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces...te_homicide_investigation_video_evidence.html

[FONT=&amp]On Thursday, state police were out searching the woods near where Marcotte was found for several hours. Crews left the woods with a brown paper bag.

[/FONT]
This first article just establishes that the brown bag was carried off on Thurs., but doesn't say from where/which direction. Second linked article says the search was concentrated about a half mile south of where the search was conducted on Monday, so that should mean roughly in the CS area.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/princeton-joggers-murder-development/421432376

There was also an active scene Thursday in the woods near where Marcotte's body was found. This time, investigators were focused on an area about a half mile south of where the search was concentrated Monday.

Also of interest since it involves Mtn Barn:

FOX25 has learned that a Princeton restaurant was at one point an area of interest.

A manager at the Mountain Barn Restaurant told FOX25 that Mass State Police detectives came to the restaurant Sunday evening to question employees. The restaurant sits next to a cell phone tower.

I'm trying to envision him waiting near the SUV. While he is standing there, is he looking at VM approaching. If so, Did she cross the road?

If he has a knife instead of a gun, why not stab her? If he has a gun, I can see him strangling her due to the noise.

Ah, the phone again, lol If she is wearing an armband to hold her phone, as some suggest, then I would think she didn't throw it, however...It was said that someone saw her talking on the phone, and if it's in an armband, how can this be? Without the phone up against her ear, how would they know she wasn't just singing a song to herself, especially if she was wearing ear buds? Was it reported she was wearing ear buds, or did everyone just assume that because most joggers do, and the experts said after the crime that women should not wear ear buds when they jog?

My thoughts are, facing life without parole, the last thing on his mind was being worried about an arson charge. I don't think he cared about setting the woods on fire. I think he lit it and left.

I can't speak for Mainely, but in her post I think she meant her age was from 27-40.

I think stabbing Would get blood so no stabbing.

[video=twitter;763774151794524160]https://twitter.com/KathrynBFOX25/status/763774151794524160[/video]

The Tweet

Yes, the search on Monday was north of the CS off Boylston. But that's not the search where LE carried off a brown bag (with what might have contained a phone) -- that search was on Thurs.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces...te_homicide_investigation_video_evidence.html

[FONT=&amp]On Thursday, state police were out searching the woods near where Marcotte was found for several hours. Crews left the woods with a brown paper bag.

[/FONT]
This first article just establishes that the brown bag was carried off on Thurs., but doesn't say from where/which direction. Second linked article says the search was concentrated about a half mile south of where the search was conducted on Monday, so that should mean roughly in the CS area.

There was also an active scene Thursday in the woods near where Marcotte's body was found. This time, investigators were focused on an area about a half mile south of where the search was concentrated Monday.

Also of interest since it involves Mtn Barn:

FOX25 has learned that a Princeton restaurant was at one point an area of interest.

A manager at the Mountain Barn Restaurant told FOX25 that Mass State Police detectives came to the restaurant Sunday evening to question employees. The restaurant sits next to a cell phone tower.

The video of the evidence bag is taken at 72 Brooks Station Road, just south of the CS address. (62)
The detective is walking from south to north towards the SP vehicles, and the crime scene address.
Pause the video @ 1:42, and you will see a banking in the background that slopes upward. You then can compare in google maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.436...9DBB76xTO_TQ9urh_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

In reference to the evidence bag. I am led to believe the evidence was found south of the CS.
If you watch the video, and pause at 1:42, you will see the detective carrying the bag. He is dressed in short sleeves.
The LE officer is dressed for the woods and the tics in long sleeves.
It is my belief the detective walked south on BSR to meet the officer that found it, just to collect the evidence. It is the detectives job to protect the chain of that evidence.
It is my belief that if the evidence was found at the crime scene address, it would have never made it past the SP vehicles in the detectives hand, walking south..
If we believe that VM was approached/ambushed at the path, and not before, there would be no evidence south of the path.
Basing an opinion on what I see, I believe the killer traveled south on BSR after the crime, and rid evidence.
Any thoughts? Feel free to poke holes.

My thoughts all along.
If he knows the path, he is local, and if he knew/knew of VM and her routine, it was planned, and if it was planned, why the SUV?

You mention local and planned. However, it seems that even if planned, this didn't go as planned, with her level of fighting and possibly leaving wounds on him. It is uncertain whether she had an unexpected item on her that caused him harm as well. Maybe not, but either way, they suspect there was such a fight to leave him wounded, which could be exactly when plans changed leading into the cover up. IF he did use an SUV, the SUV could have been used for part of this, for reasons at this point. IF by chance he didn't use it from the start. All speculation, just responding to your questioning about the SUV.

I have long believed this was someone VM knew. Perhaps not well, but someone she may have gone to school with or someone who worked at a local grocery store or something like that. The fact that no one (that we know of) has reported hearing a scream is what started me thinking along those lines.

The person who reported seeing the vehicle turn around and come back didn't indicate (s)he knew who it was, so I'm guessing it was someone young perhaps from a few towns over but close enough to have gone to the same school.

Finally, the person was driving along BSR at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and that would take the driver to those towns. The major Highways 495, 290 are all the other way from the perps direction of travel.

IMO this doesn't seem to be someone she knew long ago from school without any signs prior, suddenly deciding to do this horrific crime to her. IF she did know him, it seems more likely she would have known him from her running route in the town or more recent activities she was involved with. Things she did in MA, such as tutoring or running, for instance. Or the other possibility is only knowing of him from passing in the area. Again, it does not seem like someone from out of town who is not in the system, would have gone to such lengths to try to cover up DNA. It would be very difficult to track someone across the state. Someone close by would be much more concerned for good reason, as we know they have done DNA dragnet.

The video of the evidence bag is taken at 72 Brooks Station Road, just south of the CS address. (62)
The detective is walking from south to north towards the SP vehicles, and the crime scene address.
Pause the video @ 1:42, and you will see a banking in the background that slopes upward. You then can compare in google maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.436...9DBB76xTO_TQ9urh_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

So the killer could have ran down the slope at her and grabbed her? I feel like maybe he didn't have his SUV there but an SUV was seen there before or earlier that day abs they're assuming it could be. For the paper bag I think it's cause an evidence bag was in it and they didn't want to alert the cops to what they found but I never saw how close that home is until I saw that video or heard they questioned those people. But that is a slope that would be easy to run down but a pain to run up it seems

[video=twitter;763774151794524160]https://twitter.com/KathrynBFOX25/status/763774151794524160[/video]

The Tweet
Was there a a photo that was with your post about the tweet? Or is my phone just not showing it

You mention local and planned. However, it seems that even if planned, this didn't go as planned, with her level of fighting and possibly leaving wounds on him. It is uncertain whether she had an unexpected item on her that caused him harm as well. Maybe not, but either way, they suspect there was such a fight to leave him wounded, which could be exactly when plans changed leading into the cover up. IF he did use an SUV, the SUV could have been used for part of this, for reasons at this point. IF by chance he didn't use it from the start. All speculation, just responding to your questioning about the SUV.
This is why I suspect he happened across her at this particular time. He might have been out looking for her, being uncertain of her location or her exact whereabouts (hence the vehicle)

IMO this doesn't seem to be someone she knew long ago from school without any signs prior, suddenly deciding to do this horrific crime to her. IF she did know him, it seems more likely she would have known him from her running route in the town or more recent activities she was involved with. Things she did in MA, such as tutoring or running, for instance. Or the other possibility is only knowing of him from passing in the area. Again, it does not seem like someone from out of town who is not in the system, would have gone to such lengths to try to cover up DNA. It would be very difficult to track someone across the state. Someone close by would be much more concerned for good reason, as we know they have done DNA dragnet.
Thanks for the input, I realized I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I tried again in post 182 up-thread. I don't think it was someone she knew as in being friends with. What I am thinking is that maybe this was somebody she had once been kind to, or helped at school. Perhaps she always smiled and said hello when she saw him out pushing carts at the local store...that sort of thing.

Thanks for the input, I realized I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I tried again in post 182 up-thread. I don't think it was someone she knew as in being friends with. What I am thinking is that maybe this was somebody she had once been kind to, or helped at school. Perhaps she always smiled and said hello when she saw him out pushing carts at the local store...that sort of thing.

I see. I understand what you are saying.

Maybe the SUV tip came from the restaurant they questioned?i also think it was someone she was friendly or nice to like a neighbor or worker in a store etc someone she saw often and maybe made small talk with but nobody she was friends with

Was there a a photo that was with your post about the tweet? Or is my phone just not showing it

Yes, there was a photo.

Kathryn Burcham @KathrynBFOX25
MSP detectives carrying brown bag of evidence from private property off Brooks Station Rd @fox25news
11:28 AM - 11 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/KathrynBFOX25

Maybe the SUV tip came from the restaurant they questioned?i also think it was someone she was friendly or nice to like a neighbor or worker in a store etc someone she saw often and maybe made small talk with but nobody she was friends with
The SUV was reported "parked along Brooks Station Road."
The restaurant is on Rt.31.

Many good thoughts here.I will preface by acknowledging that LE has much more info that has not been released. Considering now that perp may have fled south, what are the possibilities that Vanessa went to Sweets and Java or the Bagel Inn in Holden? I know that whenever I am away from home, upon returning, I like to bump into local people. In my opinion, the likelihood of bumping into Wachusett area or Bancroft friends would be greater in Holden as it is more central. Also, maybe she enjoyed a little longer drive by herself as she did not drive in New York. This the most commercial and busiest of those towns. There is a CVS and Walgreens which also makes me wonder if she could have picked up a prescription, thus could this involve drugs? Holden is the busiest of those towns and not far. Easy for perp to follow her back to Princeton without being noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azraelserves