Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...more like a hoax call. Police have to deal with thousands of these calls in a high profile case.

I wonder if the little twins miss Mummy and Daddy? First, they lose a sister; then their parents go off on a Grand Tour.

Does any one of the McCanns care?

from the Daily Mail:

"Mr and Mrs McCann are keen to return to the Algarve promptly this afternoon after two nights away from two-year-old Sean and Amelie.

They also want to get back in time to attend a jazz concert in honour of Madeleine being held in Lagos at 8.30pm tonight."

...more like a hoax call. Police have to deal with thousands of these calls in a high profile case.

I wonder if the little twins miss Mummy and Daddy? First, they lose a sister; then their parents go off on a Grand Tour.

Does any one of the McCanns care?

from the Daily Mail:

"Mr and Mrs McCann are keen to return to the Algarve promptly this afternoon after two nights away from two-year-old Sean and Amelie.

They also want to get back in time to attend a jazz concert in honour of Madeleine being held in Lagos at 8.30pm tonight."
Why would you attend a Jazz concert, and why would they have a jazz concert in the honour of Madelaine while she is still missing, it seems so insensitive but then again the McCanns are well known for their insensitivity, so it doesnt surprise me. We should be used to the unusual things they do or partake in by now, they are not what I would consider the most endearing parents.

I just read this;

"Madeleine's father has since dismissed the news as "nothing of interest".

From this article;
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269394,00.html

I hope the guy calls back and it DOES prove to be 'something'.

Am I the only one who wonders why the father would say such a thing, if all the media reports indicate that they never talked to the caller because they could not re-establish contact with him?

How would Mr. McCann know it was nothing of interest if he never managed to talk to the caller:confused:

I just think it is a lot of mis-information. I read this...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269394,00.html
which seems to once again give creidence to the caller. But just why the Spanish police are denying it is anyones guess. It all goes back to.. I think they know more than they are saying.

Am I the only one who wonders why the father would say such a thing, if all the media reports indicate that they never talked to the caller because they could not re-establish contact with him?

How would Mr. McCann know it was nothing of interest if he never managed to talk to the caller:confused:

I agree. I haven't followed this case as closely as some so I don't have an opinion one way or another about whether the McCanns' are involved or not, however the above comment by Mr. McCann does set alarm bells ringing. It reminds me of when Mark Karr (I think was his name) was bought to the US from Thailand to be questioned about Jon Benet's death and John Ramsay said something like he felt for the guy as he knows what it's like to be a suspect and treated like that...or something similar!

I actually do think they have a good chance of finding Madelaine alive, if they find her. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. I just feel that if she had been killed - which feels awful to even type - her body would have been found by now.

Well meowy - this is exactly what I think happened. There is a 20-minute gap between Ms. McCann's checking on the kids and her running back to the restraurant to get help (which I think is reallllllllly strange, but that's another story). What was she doing during that 20 minutes? I speculate (if she is not the perp) that she dashed around the apartment looking for Maddie. How long would that take? 30 seconds the first time through. Then make yourself breathe and slow down, around the apt again, max 2 minutes. So what happened during the other 17.5 minutes? Even if it took her 2 minutes to get to the apt and 2 minutes to get back to the restraurant, there are 13 minutes unaccounted for..........

And please, please tell me, why would she leave the twins alone to go back to the resturant after discovering Maddie missing. No parent would leave the remaining 2 alone again, especially in the heat of the moment. Just not logical and it does not compute with a normal reaction of a concerned parent.

Now - I have not totally given up on the hope that I am wrong. I realize the timeline could be off some, but 15 minutes? Also, maybe she really did not go running back. Maybe that is just a media "misprint."

I wish we had more information. I know Portugal police are sworn to secrecy (or some such thing) but their silence implies to me that they are looking at the parents. Also, they went back and searched the apartment again when the parents were in Spain, I believe.

Between this and Kelsey Smith, I am feeling rather pessimistic and:(

Salem

I agree with you Salem. I am now almost convinced Team McCann are covering an accident, but I think it happened when they were getting the children ready for bed........does anybody know if the McCanns had the use of a hire car?

the body language and behaviour of these parents just isnt right.

Wish I had time to post more, but am interested to read all your posts.

Well meowy - this is exactly what I think happened. There is a 20-minute gap between Ms. McCann's checking on the kids and her running back to the restraurant to get help (which I think is reallllllllly strange, but that's another story). What was she doing during that 20 minutes? I speculate (if she is not the perp) that she dashed around the apartment looking for Maddie. How long would that take? 30 seconds the first time through. Then make yourself breathe and slow down, around the apt again, max 2 minutes. So what happened during the other 17.5 minutes? Even if it took her 2 minutes to get to the apt and 2 minutes to get back to the restraurant, there are 13 minutes unaccounted for..........

And please, please tell me, why would she leave the twins alone to go back to the resturant after discovering Maddie missing. No parent would leave the remaining 2 alone again, especially in the heat of the moment. Just not logical and it does not compute with a normal reaction of a concerned parent.

Now - I have not totally given up on the hope that I am wrong. I realize the timeline could be off some, but 15 minutes? Also, maybe she really did not go running back. Maybe that is just a media "misprint."

I wish we had more information. I know Portugal police are sworn to secrecy (or some such thing) but their silence implies to me that they are looking at the parents. Also, they went back and searched the apartment again when the parents were in Spain, I believe.

Between this and Kelsey Smith, I am feeling rather pessimistic and:(

Salem

I never even thought about her leaving the twins when she found out maddy was missing. I know that if I came in and one of my kids were missing and we were on vacation in a strange place I would think that whoever took my kid might still be around or coming back for the others. I would have jerked them up so fast and ran out of there to get help. I mean if you didn't have any thing to do with it what would make you feel comfortable enough to not even think to grab the other 2. Take them to safety. I could be wrong but I am having my doubts.

but we don't actually know for sure she left the twins. It is all heresay at this point what the media is feeding us. IF she left them then I have problem with that... but I am not convinced she did.

Well they also said the resturant was right there and it wasn't, they said they checked on them every half hour and they didn't. So what else are they lying about.:twocents:

Hi everyone, I have been reading everything you guys have said while waiting to be activated. What a great group of people you all seem to be.

I have also got lost in this case. Something about the parents story has not set right with me from the beginning. Maybe it was just the total SHOCK that someone would leave 3 toddlers alone in a hotel room. The thought scares me without the threat of kidnappers.

I think the point of whether she took the twins with her or not when she found Madeleine missing is a huge clue. I hadn't thought about that but I have noticed that they don't seem to be overly protective of the twins since this has happened. If I had lost a child, I certainly wouldn't let any of the rest of my children out of my site!!!! We've seen them drop the twins at day care so they can go to church and then leave them for days and fly off to tour Europe. I don't know it is all just strange to me.

Hi everyone, I have been reading everything you guys have said while waiting to be activated. What a great group of people you all seem to be.

I have also got lost in this case. Something about the parents story has not set right with me from the beginning. Maybe it was just the total SHOCK that someone would leave 3 toddlers alone in a hotel room. The thought scares me without the threat of kidnappers.

I think the point of whether she took the twins with her or not when she found Madeleine missing is a huge clue. I hadn't thought about that but I have noticed that they don't seem to be overly protective of the twins since this has happened. If I had lost a child, I certainly wouldn't let any of the rest of my children out of my site!!!! We've seen them drop the twins at day care so they can go to church and then leave them for days and fly off to tour Europe. I don't know it is all just strange to me.
Welcome to WS Thrs0806.
I have been unable to log on for about two days, so am checking to see what has been happening, not much by the looks of things, I thought something might have come out of the lead they were investigating, but we are no closer to finding Madelaine than we were 4 weeks ago. Im still hoping and praying she is safe and found alive.

Everyday I sign on here hoping for good news...every day I am disappointed. I am not feeling hopeful but I will pray for Maddie everyday, no matter how long it takes, until she is found.

Everyday I sign on here hoping for good news...every day I am disappointed. I am not feeling hopeful but I will pray for Maddie everyday, no matter how long it takes, until she is found.
If all the prayers, hopes and wishes from the WS team is anything to go by this little girl should be home safe and sound soon, she has a lot of people praying for her, lets hope they are answered.

Me too White Rain. I wish she'd be found safe and sound. She's been gone over 5 weeks I think.,..Doesn't sound good. :(

Despite her parents pan-European tour, the poor child is still missing, and her case has fallen to page 3 right here on WS. It's aleady off the radar in USA media. We have to hear about Paris Hilton instead.

I think the McCanns and their promoters do themselves a disservice when they say and write bad things about the Portuguese investigators. The British reporters are getting ridiculous now. They are stalkine the investigators, surveilling them as they eat their lunch, berating them for having a 2-hour lunch break...and GOD FORBID! having a glass of wine with lunch. What country do these ditzy female Brit reporters think they are in?

2 hour lunches are common in Spain and Portugal; countries that traditionally have siesta. Then they return to work until 7 or 8 p.m.

These British writers are cultural illiterates.

Despite her parents pan-European tour, the poor child is still missing, and her case has fallen to page 3 right here on WS. It's aleady off the radar in USA media. We have to hear about Paris Hilton instead.

I think the McCanns and their promoters do themselves a disservice when they say and write bad things about the Portuguese investigators. The British reporters are getting ridiculous now. They are stalkine the investigators, surveilling them as they eat their lunch, berating them for having a 2-hour lunch break...and GOD FORBID! having a glass of wine with lunch. What country do these ditzy female Brit reporters think they are in?

2 hour lunches are common in Spain and Portugal; countries that traditionally have siesta. Then they return to work until 7 or 8 p.m.

These British writers are cultural illiterates.

Agree.

Skynews article tonight---

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1269781,00.html

I've felt very sad about Maddie this week, hope does seem to be leaving, she seems to definitely be a cold case. It's a shame with all of the American's embarking on vacations abroad now that the kid's are out of school, and college students are traveling, that her pic and story aren't making the headlines.

I couldn't face giving up if I was the parents. I could never give up.

Inside Campaign Maddy:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article1909846.ece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members