Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and i stated that before.

IMO we should not misinterprete HCW's statements acording to put a line under the investigations. IMO they investigate since 2017/2018 according the known convicted (!) suspect. No need to hurry, no need to fight for an arrest warrant. C.B.'s lawyer just tries to push a little bit pressure into, because his hands are tied, as long as C.B. hasn't been charged or even interrogated by L.E.. For so long he is NOT able to take a look into the files. Not even one sheet!!!!

So HCW can also be understood to mean, L.E. should be soon to hand over the finished investigation to the prosecuters, so they are able to charge him by appealing a german penalty-court, or not. That already starts with an interrogation to finish the investigation. At this point, they have to let the lawyers take a look into the files, to assure an correct defence.

In germany the L.E. investigates a suspect in 1. step, then they hand over all info to the prosecuters (2. Step - HCW, but they can and do work together in some cases), and in the 3. Step the prosecuters check the files and decide, wether they call a court by charging the suspect for a trial.

In Step 4, the judges are in charge for the trial and take over.

The problem in this case is, we have a worldwide known suspect. Even if he get's a trial in the next months, lawyers will argument, he never had a chance for a fair trial, due to public sentencing. Even if he may be guilty at the end. Like the boys in the Bulger case in U.K.. A good prosecuter knows, when it's time to tie the knot.
Not getting a fair trial due to public sentencing or pre-trial details being made public is normally aimed at a system where a jury is involved. I doubt it can be used so easily in Germany, where the defence lawyer will essentially be arguing that the judge hearing the case is biased by public opinion.

@sleuth-d-

No offence, but that is not correct. The fair trial principle has been manifested in european law.

Article 6 of the european convention on human rights.

Also that means, you can't smoke out a suspect in a cell, while the whole world digs out it's past, without starting the normal process of prosecuting him.

Even in germany there may be no jury, capital crimes like murder are led by a court, in which are 3-5 judges in charge then. It is called "Kleine Strafkammer", "Große Strafkammer" and "Schwurgericht".

Last edited:
@sleuth-d-

No offence, but that is not correct. The fair trial principle has been manifested in european law.

Article 6 of the european convention on human rights.

Also that means, you can't smoke out a suspect in a cell, while the whole world digs out it's past, without starting the normal process of prosecuting him.

Even in germany there may be no jury, capital crimes like murder are led by a court, in which are 3-5 judges in charge then. It is called "Kleine Strafkammer" and "Große Strafkammer".
I am interested, as the defendant in this case is already in a cell, and prosecution have already named him as a ‘suspect’ is there any time pressure to Go to the next stage - and bring charges?

I am interested, as the defendant in this case is already in a cell, and prosecution have already named him as a ‘suspect’ is there any time pressure to Go to the next stage - and bring charges?

Yes, due to the fact they made him public. They didn't named him but yes, the hints they gave the public are likely able to link it to him, as you see in the media now. As perverted as it may sound to people like you, me and some others , you can't keep that state for years, without a charge or the aquittal of investigation. Sad but true.

But yes, prosecuters have to act in some time, even if there is no written principle, for how long prosecuters are able to keep that state.

Madeleine McCann prime suspect 'trying to exploit loophole' to get out of jail

So it looks like we will find out in 3 weeks if CB's appeal is successful or not. Interestingly though, the article talks about the contention point being around the 2017 extradition from Portugal and not the 2018 extradition from Italy.

It's a bit complex but the crux seems to be that CB's lawyers are arguing that the extradition warrant needs to be signed off by Portugal (the scene of the crime) and not Italy. There was an extradition agreement from Portugal in 2017 (following his capture in the playground in Messines) but that this was not for the crime of the 2005 rape and therefore CB has been detained and tried illegally. The prosecutors seem to be arguing this is not relevant since CB was already in breach of law for fleeing to Italy in order to evade a pending sentence in Germany.

Hopefully the judges use common sense and don't allow CB to overturn the rape conviction on a technicality.

ETA: Anyone know what this quote is about in the article? What does Ireland have to do with this?:

Representatives of the Irish government also took part in the case held in the main ECJ courthouse via video conference.

That’s odd. The victim of the other rape with similarities to the older lady was Irish.

Not implying anything, but I just find it so strange that MO (or anyone for that matter) whose task it was to check on 3 very young children....on hearing 'a noise' from the bedroom, would not look in on them? Does anyone else agree? Why wouldn't you check to see if one of the kids was stirring, needed the bathroom or whatever...

Not implying anything, but I just find it so strange that MO (or anyone for that matter) whose task it was to check on 3 very young children....on hearing 'a noise' from the bedroom, would not look in on them? Does anyone else agree? Why wouldn't you check to see if one of the kids was stirring, needed the bathroom or whatever...
I agree, doesn’t really help his cause does it. The whole point of the checks was to listen for noises. He hears a noise and doesn’t investigate. Doesn’t even tell the parents when he goes back to the table... ‘oh, I just heard a noise in there, but didn’t bother to look into the room where your 3 children were, kate’. Not great.
I also cannot understand why the parents got so many things ‘confused’. The timings, who was where, Tanner sighting, Murat sighting, picking Murat out as tannerman. Pointing the finger at Murat was only going to help find the child, if everything about it was true. But it wasn’t true, and so it wasted loads of police investigation time. Imo.

I agree, doesn’t really help his cause does it. The whole point of the checks was to listen for noises. He hears a noise and doesn’t investigate. Doesn’t even tell the parents when he goes back to the table... ‘oh, I just heard a noise in there, but didn’t bother to look into the room where your 3 children were, kate’. Not great.
I also cannot understand why the parents got so many things ‘confused’. The timings, who was where, Tanner sighting, Murat sighting, picking Murat out as tannerman. Pointing the finger at Murat was only going to help find the child, if everything about it was true. But it wasn’t true, and so it wasted loads of police investigation time. Imo.

It's a puzzle, isn't it?

Difficult enough to solve, with the people who have a vested interest in finding the child, supposedly helping and telling the truth.
It is a more difficult puzzle if you are searching the wrong house for the pieces, or asking the wrong suspect for answers.

Indeed.

yes one possibility was the intruder might be standing behind the partly open childrens bedroom door
Could he have hidden under the bed?,hes done it before re his ex...also i did find a fb page its got a pic af a blonde girl dont think its mm tho

Last edited:
I think the confusion came from the reports that she apparently moved in with a Romanian boyfriend when she turned 18. And looking at her two oldest children, they could definitely pass for being Romanian.
Now, it doesn’t tie in with reports and I’m just wildly speculating here, but her third child..... If you told me CB had spawned.....

Betty m'dear, could you pm her FB profile please?

Could he have hidden under the bed?,hes done it before re his ex...also i did find a fb page its got a pic af a blonde girl dont think its mm tho

Looking at the pics of 5A apartment there's no way to hide behind that door, unless the door is half closed and nobody pushes it open.
The door, when opened, is flush to the wall, there is no wall recess behind that door, so nowhere to hide.
If Gerry, like he said, opened the door it would have clearly hit the person that Gerry thought MAY have been hiding behind it imo.

yes one possibility was the intruder might be standing behind the partly open childrens bedroom door

There's no room behind the door, it would have to be nearly closed for someone to be behind it. It's possible, if MO didn't open the door, but not when Gerry checked as he opened the door to go into the bedroom.

There's no room behind the door, it would have to be nearly closed for someone to be behind it. It's possible, if MO didn't open the door, but not when Gerry checked as he opened the door to go into the bedroom.
The door sits flush to the wall when opened.

@MENDEL Is this correct?
Translation of google (under vid)
‘The main suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was implicated in another crime, also filed, half a year after the mystery of Praia da Luz. then Christian Bruckner's girlfriend. Today, these two Portuguese women are sure that Bruckner was the robber and Nicole Fehlinger the accomplice and mentor of the theft. In a cunning scheme allegedly assembled by the two, a suitcase with a hundred thousand euros was stolen.’
Sexta às 9. Suspeito da morte de Madeleine implicado noutro crime no Algarve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member