Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if it’s been raised before but if CB is responsible for the IG and PK crimes (IG missing PK confirmed dead) in addition to MM, is there some connection to the first week of May for him? MM 3rd, IG 2nd and PK 7th.

Warpurgisnacht?

Not the actual night but maybe some chat around the subject heightened his fantasy.

I think that device may be an MP3 player?

"He described his Jaguar car back in Portugal, but they were not impressed by the poor state of the camper which was rusty, had stained seats, wires dangling from the dashboard and a hole in the interior of a door with a giant MP3 player perched on the front seat."

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner in 'kidnap' campervan weeks before she vanished | Daily Mail Online
Looks like an iPod? Round track pad in it?

Knowing me I will be wrong but they have been around for years!

We don't 'know' that he had a heroin problem, I'm just trying to catch up on the thread and, no offence, but members might take sentences like this as a given if a post doesn't end with IMO.

IMO The drug paraphernalia could have been left by local users who may have used the house as a squat - Or could well have been from the previous tenants, but doesn't necessarily mean it was heroin.

IMO-JMO-MOO
Think they mean EM had a heroin problem, that was quite widely reported.

Monteiro’s close friend Sergio Paulo, 44, a builder from Lagos, told how his pal’s drug habit made him to turn to crime – although he too doubted if he had taken Madeleine.

He said: “Toni was a good guy but had some serious drug problems. He would smoke heroin and became a slave to it.

“I know he would sometimes break into apartments and rob them. He was taking valuables from rooms at Ocean Club and selling them for drugs.”

Madeleine McCann key suspect was heroin addict who burgled holiday flats to get fix

We don't 'know' that he had a heroin problem, I'm just trying to catch up on the thread and, no offence, but members might take sentences like this as a given if a post doesn't end with IMO.
I meant EM had a heroin problem not cb

IMO The drug paraphernalia could have been left by local users who may have used the house as a squat - Or could well have been from the previous tenants, but doesn't necessarily mean it was heroin.

IMO-JMO-MOO

If they didn't know of each other I would be highly surprised they may have had a connection..2 people not connected both steal from apartments,both sexual crimes under their belts,IMO.

Maybe. I just think that’s navigation on the screen so possibly an early Tom Tom type device.

Possible!

Should have been from the travellers, because CB is reading an old fashioned map in the video.

Maybe TomTom Go beside the charging unit. Old T3 maybe had no working cigarette lighter as power source.

Happy Birthday TomTom GO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-171225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-171225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the travelers to have had the map.

Yes, of course. Could have been their map. But i do think, that when a big radio station sends some people on a road trip, to make a radio show out of it, they should hand out some navigation device to them. If it was CB's working (and stolen) device, why should it have been laying on the passengers seat and not attached at the windshield?

Someone here knows, if an early 80s T3 Westfalia had a cigarette lighter as power source already?

Edit:

T3 had no cigarette lighter!!!

Zigarettenanzünder nachrüsten am T3 -

Yes, of course. Could have been their map. But i do think, that when a big radio station sends some people on a road trip, to make a radio show out of it, they should hand out some navigation device to them. If it was CB's working (and stolen) device, why should it have been laying on the passengers seat and not attached at the windshield?

Someone here knows, if an early 80s T3 Westfalia had a cigarette lighter as power source already?

Edit:

T3 had no cigarette lighter!!!

Zigarettenanzünder nachrüsten am T3 -

You don't necessarily have to have a cig lighter to play MP3, the person on the trip said it was an MP3 player on the front seat - maybe she was wrong, but I guess if music was playing through the MP3 player into the car stereo at some point she may have seen CB tinkering with it, and they were in the car for 3 hours, so they must have had a good idea what kind of device it was imo
There's all sorts of different adapters and batteries that can play MP3 through a car stereo.

You don't necessarily have to have a cig lighter to play MP3, the person on the trip said it was MP3 player on the front seat - maybe she was wrong, but I guess if music was playing through the MP3 player into the car stereo at some point she may have seen CB tinkering with it?
There's all sorts of different adapters and batteries that can play MP3 through a car stereo.

Yes. It has been written, that there hung lots of cabels around. No problem for a car mechanic, to plug in at a powerline. But in 2007 lots of MP3 Players were easily powered by usual batteries. We did that too in the 2000s, mostly the ones with AM/FM transmitter for the built in radio.

But also the Navigation-Units were powered by the cigarette lighter plugs at the time. Lots of work to install one, for such an old van.

But due to the cables on the pic, that ain't a TomTom. Should be the MP3 Player thing or something else.

Last edited:
One thing is odd to me.

He is said to be drifting a lot between Portugal and Germany, even before 2007. The travellers were heading to germany maybe from france over portugal via spain.

For what purpose did he need to look into a map? The Route from PDL to germany (Augsburg-Bavaria) via spain ain't longer, than via middle of Portugal. Okay, Malaga ain't the shortest way, but looking at a map for finding the exit to Malaga or Almeria seems odd to me. If someone knows southern europe highways, that would be him?!

He should have known that route. Especially due to the fact, that he knew AB who registered the Jag on his name. Can't imagine, someone registered a foreign car on his name, without meeting the real owner before.

But route PDL to Hannover isn't recommended via spain. But it is also 13 years ago. No idea, if highways in portugal have been built up by these years.

And IMO, if he had to look for the route from PDL to Malaga to somewhere else, the theory of taking her to oder for Morroco or maybe Alcossebre (where she has been seen in a VW Van) makes not that much sense. So he maybe took her to keep her from the beginning. But driving her to germany via Alcossebre makes no sense, if he wanted her to be in a german allotment cellar as soon as possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-182559_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-182559_Maps.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20200802-182842_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-182842_Maps.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200802-184156_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-184156_Maps.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20200802-185128_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-185128_Maps.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
One thing is odd to me.

He is said to be drifting a lot between Portugal and Germany, even before 2007. The travellers were heading to germany maybe from france over portugal via spain.

For what purpose did he need to look into a map? The Route from PDL to germany (Augsburg-Bavaria) via spain ain't longer, than via middle of Portugal. Okay, Malaga ain't the shortest way, but looking at a map for finding the exit to Malaga or Almeria seems odd to me. If someone knows southern europe highways, that would be him?!

He should have known that route. Especially due to the fact, that he knew AB who registered the Jag on his name. Can't imagine, someone registered a foreign car on his name, without meeting the real owner before.

But route PDL to Hannover isn't recommended via spain. But it is also 13 years ago. No idea, if highways in portugal have been built up by these years.

They had to rely on the help of others to tow their caravan, were only allowed to spend like €10 a day etc. There were rules to their travels. CB only took them a portion of the way and they would have had someone else in Spain lined up to help them after him. Probably had to meet them in a specific location, maybe had a specific cheap campsite they were looking to get to. Any number of reasons. I’m sure CB didn’t travel through Spain when he was going back to Germany himself. We know he had been to Orgiva but apart from that, he may have been unfamiliar with Spain.

ETA - I’m aware he’d have had to cross over into Spain at some point if he was driving, btw :rolleyes: lol but sticking to coastal routes would have been counter-productive If he was looking to get there fast.

Last edited:
They had to rely on the help of others to tow their caravan, were only allowed to spend like €10 a day etc. There were rules to their travels. CB only took them a portion of the way and they would have had someone else in Spain lined up to help them after him. Probably had to meet them in a specific location, maybe had a specific cheap campsite they were looking to get to. Any number of reasons. I’m sure CB didn’t travel through Spain when he was going back to Germany himself. We know he had been to Orgiva but apart from that, he may have been unfamiliar with Spain.

Plausible! But according to that, it makes no sense that MM has been seen weeks after the abduction in Alcossebre. Driving around with an abducted child in the trunk or keeping it in a lair alone for days?!

You know what i mean? Maybe that could be the assumption of L.E., she died soon after the abduction.

No need to frequent Alcossebre on your way from PDL to germany.

And bragging around to MT about selling kids to Morroco, that should have been made over the routes around Malaga and not knowing the arcitecture of the roads around that place make not much sense about it either....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member