Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if it’s been raised before but if CB is responsible for the IG and PK crimes (IG missing PK confirmed dead) in addition to MM, is there some connection to the first week of May for him? MM 3rd, IG 2nd and PK 7th.
Perhaps an ex-GF birthday at beginning of May???

Sorry @SuperdadV8 I have more questions...
If CB was adopted and registered with the last name B, he is inheitor from Mr and Mrs B?
In the late 1990s, he should have been required for military service? Even with a criminal record, right?

Normally yes! But he is just 3 years older than me and the rules have been strictly by end of nineties, for service. I did not need to do military service due to my catholic faith. He used to be a problem child. I don't think Bundeswehr was looking more to get him or some other youngster from orphanage, like getting me!:)

One thing is odd to me.

He is said to be drifting a lot between Portugal and Germany, even before 2007. The travellers were heading to germany maybe from france over portugal via spain.

For what purpose did he need to look into a map? The Route from PDL to germany (Augsburg-Bavaria) via spain ain't longer, than via middle of Portugal. Okay, Malaga ain't the shortest way, but looking at a map for finding the exit to Malaga or Almeria seems odd to me. If someone knows southern europe highways, that would be him?!

He should have known that route. Especially due to the fact, that he knew AB who registered the Jag on his name. Can't imagine, someone registered a foreign car on his name, without meeting the real owner before.

But route PDL to Hannover isn't recommended via spain. But it is also 13 years ago. No idea, if highways in portugal have been built up by these years.

And IMO, if he had to look for the route from PDL to Malaga to somewhere else, the theory of taking her to oder for Morroco or maybe Alcossebre (where she has been seen in a VW Van) makes not that much sense. So he maybe took her to keep her from the beginning. But driving her to germany via Alcossebre makes no sense, if he wanted her to be in a german allotment cellar as soon as possible.
We don’t know why he’s looking at the map. Maybe just looking at the journey the hitchhikers have already done/planning to do?!

Wonder where they were when he was on the radio station road trip?
Do we know that he had the dogs at this point in time? I recall them being mentioned when he lived in Foral, later in 2007, after the MM abduction. Don't remember seeing anything about him having the dogs while living in PDL though, has anyone got a link?

We don’t know why he’s looking at the map. Maybe just looking at the journey the hitchhikers have already done/planning to do?!

Right! But he does not seem to be used to Malaga-Region by the end of march 2007, don't you think?!

After 12 years in Portugal. M.E Spain leeds to nowhere according to CB....

There's so much about his background that we don't know nor should we at this point.

@Dlk79
"The villa, which is understood to have never been searched by police, was rented between 2002 and 2009 by a German woman called Nicole who is said to have used it for a rehabilitation programme for troubled teenagers.
A German couple who have lived in the village for more than 20 years said they immediately recognised Brueckner when he was named last week as the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine and his image appeared in the media.
‘I said, “That’s Christian” before I even read what his name was,’ said the husband, who asked not to be named.
‘The first time I met him he was hosting a party at the restaurant.
He had two dogs, one medium-sized, one small. The name of the small one I even remember, it was called Frau Muller and was always rummaging around the bins.

Could evidence in this house lead police to Madeleine McCann?

@Dlk79
"The villa, which is understood to have never been searched by police, was rented between 2002 and 2009 by a German woman called Nicole who is said to have used it for a rehabilitation programme for troubled teenagers.
A German couple who have lived in the village for more than 20 years said they immediately recognised Brueckner when he was named last week as the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine and his image appeared in the media.
‘I said, “That’s Christian” before I even read what his name was,’ said the husband, who asked not to be named.
‘The first time I met him he was hosting a party at the restaurant.
He had two dogs, one medium-sized, one small. The name of the small one I even remember, it was called Frau Muller and was always rummaging around the bins.

Could evidence in this house lead police to Madeleine McCann?
Yes, saw that piece but it was NF that was at the house from 2002. CB didn't live there until a few weeks after MM went missing in 2007 as far as I'm aware. I'm just curious that if he did have the dogs from 2006, where were they while he was in prison for 8 months? Like I said, the first mention I've read about them was the story you posted above, but I interpreted that to have taken place after MM.

Yes, we don't know since when he had the dogs. I remember the first reports of Sic news Portugal. They said that the house in Monte Judeu belonged to a German woman and that CB did not live in that house, he went to take care of the dogs and the house when she traveled. Maybe she took care of them, or BP in Barrocal, or a former girlfriend.

From the Metro this evening:

Madeleine McCann suspect ‘will never talk to police’, says his lawyer

In an interview with The Sydney Morning Herald, Brueckner’s lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, accused police of creating a smokescreen with this week’s search. He denied his client had ‘anything to hide’ but would not cooperate with the investigation.

Mr Fulscher said: ‘Before our client starts to co-operate with the prosecutor’s office, you could order holy water as a long drink in hell. That is not unusual. It is very normal not to talk to the police when you are suspected of committing a crime.

The prosecutor’s office has to prove that a suspect has committed a crime, and not the suspect prove that he hasn’t.’

Mr Fulscher claimed the allotment search was designed to build ‘bad media’ against Brueckner ahead of a court decision that could see the convicted rapist freed from prison after serving his sentence for drug trafficking.

The European Court of Justice will decide whether an arrest warrant relating to the rape of a 72-year-old woman in 2007 was legal.

‘I am very surprised they have started a search there now and not much earlier,’ Mr Fulscher told The Sydney Morning Herald. ‘I was very surprised because the police had known for over two years that the garden was used by my client’.

Mr Fulscher insisted his client was ‘not a monster’ – despite a rap sheet that goes back nearly 25 years, with convictions for child sex offences, rape and drug trafficking.

He added that he doesn’t ‘recognise the person the media describes’, adding that he perceives him to be a ‘very calm and friendly person’.

Mr Fulscher added that he does not know if there is a chance his client could be charged but is sure that if he is, ‘he will be found not guilty by the court.’

Hang on a minute....in the back of my mind, from many years ago I remember a report about someone doing this in rooms with groups of pupils on a trip away. I have France in the back of my mind but it could have been Germany I guess. I'm sure it was Europe though (not that that narrows it down!). I'm thinking it was shown on the BBC programme Crimewatch for some reason. Does anyone else remember this?
Yes can't remember when.

Someone mentioned dog's hair earlier.
This reminded me of MM's crime scene where several dog hairs were found. I cannot remember if this was in her files or in media. Do we know if he had dogs in 2007?

I do find it intriguing that GA implies that CB is the 'patsy' for MN. I wish he'd expand on his theory.

His theory remains the same as it ever was.
He still insinuates that the MC's were involved.

Amaral released an image of the German with long hair that he claims corresponds to the image he would have at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

"In 2007 there are people who claim that his figure is not with short hair. He looked like a hippie and wore long hair behind his back. And the police know it," he said

Amaral concludes his theory with the fact that most of the witnesses in the case stated that the suspect was similar to Madeleine McCann's father, allegations corroborated by the English police. "I wonder where this individual resembles Mr. Gerard McCann", he asks.

GA Should be ashamed of himself - imo the man is a menace.

Gonçalo Amaral mostra retrato-robô de suspeito do caso Maddie em 2007 que desmente versão alemã

LE would be out of their minds to NOT dig up every inch of the properties lived on by CB. If he's guilty of any of the violent crimes (including abduction) being discussed here, this may be their one chance to solve it. This is not about media or public opinion.

It is a good question why properties weren't searched until now, though. But could it be simply the difficulty in obtaining warrants? All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams