Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t disagree, it’s just that you said a reliable source told you the samples were taken before the dogs went in
Its OK, I didn't even think you were :)

The info was from a criminologist that has very good understanding of DNA collection techniques and the DNA samples found in 5a. He has also been there. I double checked and he confirmed that it is normal procedure that DNA samples are collected before dogs enter the crime scene to avoid evidence being disturbed/contaminated. He also mention that the scene in 5a was not a normal crime scene, as we know.

So although not confirming, the hairs in 5a should have been collected before the dogs went in.

This would of course exclude the police dogs and leaves the question as to who's dog/s the hairs belong to and what information can be obtained from dog hair, individual dogs, breeds ect?

ETA

If the samples still exist of course.

Last edited:
He gives me the heebiejeebies more than CB does o_O

Due to Fülschers blushing, some questions (and studied answers?) seem a little bit uncomfortable. Bodylanguage is a cool thing.

As a i client, i would demand a little bit more self-confidence from my solicitor. Many people just can't lie with convincing apperance!;)

Last edited:
I feel sad for the family of Claudia R. After all these years ,the rollercoast is still going on for them.
Just read this...(don’t know,if it was posted here before but seems like another difficult ordeal they have to face)

“The German police investigated Brückner's whereabouts near Hanover on Madeleine McCann's tracks last week, but the excavation work did not lead to a breakthrough.’

Verdachte van ontvoering Madeleine McCann vrijgepleit van verkrachting en moord op 11-jarig Duits meisje

Also I wonder when reading this,if MMs parents ever get answers.I watched a part of Netflix (E6)again about Joana Cipriano and it shows a lot in common with maddie mccann's case.
Not the disappearance itself, but how the research was done. It's too bizarre for words. I couldn’t find much about what she was wearing the day she disappeared or other details,but more the sensation of the story itself.created by media and PJ.IMO

Also, I read a little about the murder of Rachel Charles (1990),that has briefly mentioned in this forum.
Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect
Michael Cook, was convicted of her murder in February,1992 but from my understanding there was no forensic evidence linking him to her murder.Its not that I think that CB had anything to do with it,just making a notion that RC murder leaves a lot to speculate and imo opinion concerning how sloppy this went from the start.

Dear Newthoughts

These are excellent questions - thank you very much.

Some of them I am asking myself and will submit them to a lawyer friend of mine in the next days.

Others I can answer. But please forgive me, not until tomorrow. It is late in Germany and I am too tired for such "heavy food".

But I look forward to doing it tomorrow.
Thank you
Your answers are on article 27 of COUNCIL FRAMEWORK DECISION of 13 June 2002 on the European arrest warrant and the surrender procedures between Member States (2002/584/JHA).

Of course The Federal Republic of Germany won't illegally judge CB because they can't dishonor an International Agreement under no circumstances even if they have to sacrifice justice. Otherwise they would lose all guarantees on any further extradition. One thing is a concrete case, the other are the abstract principles behind such an agreement. They will simply try the hardest possible to judge him legally.

Abstract legal concepts are what protect most of us most of the time in functioning democracies it is sad that this lawyer is now abusing them to get such a vile creature released.

Many people here in Germany see it the same way, not only laymen, but also lawyers.

The Braunschweig trial went otherwise legally faultless. Only afterwards the lawyer pulled the "trick" like a rabbit out of his hat.

This could have been raised as an objection before the trial began.

The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has often given "strange" judgments. Even lawyers I've asked about their prediction for Thursday say it's 50-50. Unbelievable!

50-50 is not a good prediction BUT the political ramifications of letting a dangerous criminal like CB, who had committed crimes against many EU citizens in EU countries, walk free when there is a 50% chance of not doing makes me a bit hopeful that they'll exploit every loophole.

The rape charge was obviously made after the extradition from Italy otherwise I'm guessing there would be no issue. The trial was legal and as Miss Paula says there was a chance to raise objections there but the lawyer chose not to.

So his case rests on the drugs imprisonment being illegal so his arrest for the rape was made by a country holding him illegally therefore the trial is nullified.

But as he would have been arrested for the rape anyway and the lawyer had ample opportunity to use that to raise objections before the trial but chose not to. It was not new evidence it was not withheld by the prosecutor. It was known when the trial started but he chose not! I'm hoping that loophole could be used to say that trial was fair and the sentence can stand even if the drugs sentence was illegal.

One other fact - his lawyer said he would be dropping the appeal when the allotment search was going on. Afterwards he changed and said it would be

Does anyone else think that suggests there was something there to be found and he was expecting to be immediately rearrested if he'd won the appeal?

Last edited:
That would mean that any dog hairs found inside the apartment on 4th May probably weren't from the sniffer dogs, which would make them even more significant. I wonder if that material has been kept.

Sorry if this is a dumb query, but did the McCanns have dogs? Like others have posted recently, pet hairs have a way of getting absolutely everywhere. Likewise could previous guests have transferred dog hairs? Just for the purpose of ruling out any innocent reason for dog hairs in the apartment.

I always check under the bed in hotels before checking out, and it is often apparent that the room hasn't been thoroughly cleaned.

Anyway I suppose the only relevance here would be if those dog hairs were identified as CB's dogs' hairs.

Some interesting previous investigations into dog hairs at murder scenes. In one case a murdurer had dog hairs in his house which matched the dog of his victim, and were likely transferred from her pyjamas.

Also, an interesting difference between human and dog/cat hair DNA analysis: “The unique thing about animal hair is that dogs and cats groom themselves, so they are putting saliva on the shaft of the hair. We are more likely to find DNA [on animal hair] than on human hair because animal saliva is individual. Then animal DNA can be used as one of the pieces of the evidence puzzle.”

BBC News - Detectives solved murder case using dog DNA

Forensic Cases: The Murder of Leanne Tiernan

How Animal DNA Puts Killers Behind Bars

Sorry if this is a dumb query, but did the McCanns have dogs? Like others have posted recently, pet hairs have a way of getting absolutely everywhere. Likewise could previous guests have transferred dog hairs? Just for the purpose of ruling out any innocent reason for dog hairs in the apartment.

I always check under the bed in hotels before checking out, and it is often apparent that the room hasn't been thoroughly cleaned.

Anyway I suppose the only relevance here would be if those dog hairs were identified as CB's dogs' hairs.

Some interesting previous investigations into dog hairs at murder scenes. In one case a murdurer had dog hairs in his house which matched the dog of his victim, and were likely transferred from her pyjamas.

Also, an interesting difference between human and dog/cat hair DNA analysis: “The unique thing about animal hair is that dogs and cats groom themselves, so they are putting saliva on the shaft of the hair. We are more likely to find DNA [on animal hair] than on human hair because animal saliva is individual. Then animal DNA can be used as one of the pieces of the evidence puzzle.”

BBC News - Detectives solved murder case using dog DNA

Forensic Cases: The Murder of Leanne Tiernan

How Animal DNA Puts Killers Behind Bars

Great informative post :)

My thoughts too and also first time of hearing that phrase here in Germany. Pretty cocky and hearing that phrase from a solicitor in THAT case is a slap in the face for all of CB's former victims so far.

Seems like CB and his solicitor are some kind of match! When you google that lawyer you will soon find out, that he's into dogs and hunting prey either!;)

false bravado?...or he knows something- at least thinks he does..

a third possibility is that he's a walking example of the dunning kruger effect. ..these people exist.

false bravado?...or he knows something- at least thinks he does..

a third possibility is that he's a walking example of the dunning kruger effect. ..these people exist.
Since realising what Dunning Kruger was I've seen so many examples. My UK govt for starters.

Would he have got as far as he has with just that tho?

Since realising what Dunning Kruger was I've seen so many examples. My UK govt for starters.

Would he have got as far as he has with just that tho?

one word answer to that one... Trump.

edit: seriously though, probably not far. I have seen people like this rise to unbelievable heights though, on more than one occasion..

given an insight into the lawyer's raucous background and disrespect for the court, me thinks its arrogant to say the least. Foolhardy?..

I cant see why he would be so confident given that he doesnt know what the police have.

Last edited:
https://www.thelocal.de/20110531/35363

“Judge Michael Seidling stressed the court was not actually convinced of Kachelmann’s innocence, and nor did it necessarily believe that his former girlfriend had made a false accusation. Rather, the grounds for suspicion had in the course of lengthy trial been “diminished but not banished,” he concluded.

The judge sharply criticised defence lawyer Johann Schwenn, whom he said had repeatedly shown a lack of respect and decency before the court...

...Schwenn accused the magazines Focus and Bunte of trying to influence the trial.
He later forced Germany’s most famous feminist, Alice Schwarzer, onto the witness stand after she had written for Bild newspaper about her contact with the accuser’s therapist. Schwarzer exercised her right to refuse to testify on matters arising from her work as a journalist.”

Schwenn is defending him alongside Fülscher, if I have it correct?
So, this is basically just a little insight into what we can expect should this case get to court.

I agree Betty, he will certainly focus on the media strategy re CB imo.

Here's another snippet from Fulscher -

Discussing the rape of a 72-year-old American woman for which Brückner was jailed for seven years last year, which he continues to deny, Mr Fülscher said it was "totally unusual" for someone to be a both a paedophile and a gerontophile

Madeleine McCann: Suspect's lawyer calls police allotment search 'a desperate act'

IMO- Yes, it's unusual, but it's not impossible.

is it possible for a convict to retain a lawyer for advice without there being a charge?

AFAIK CB hasnt been charged for anything. MM may be but one charge being worked. CB could be guilty of many crimes here and even if he is found not guilty for MM, they could total the same or more of a penalty. They could know almost for certain that he was involved in her murder, but never convict.
Thats hollow but a feasible angle.

This is the actual shutter. Would this noise wake up the 3 sleeping children in that room?
Would it be possible, by raising the shutter more carefully, to make far less noise?

Possibly, which is why we had previously discussed that the perp may have just originally planned a robbery, woke MM unintentionally, then beckoned her to the window and lifted her through.

If this were the case, ie an impulsive act, then the person on the phone to CB that night wouldn't be an accomplice imo.

But the call could still place CB at the OC and could still hold vital info.

I'm still in two minds as to the planned abduction - taken on impulse theory.

jmo

Last edited:
The media has described my client as a monster," Fulscher said. "I don't recognise the person the media describes. I am able to describe him as a very calm and friendly person when I talk to him in prison.

Just WOW. I would question this lawyer's sanity given the extensive deviate criminal history his client has.

The media has described my client as a monster," Fulscher said. "I don't recognise the person the media describes. I am able to describe him as a very calm and friendly person when I talk to him in prison.

Just WOW. I would question this lawyer's sanity given the extensive deviate criminal history his client has.
This is a good read: Christian B’s lawyer: “This is ridiculous”

Apologies if already posted.

This is a good read: Christian B’s lawyer: “This is ridiculous”

Apologies if already posted.

I agree with this from the defence's point of view.

The Prosecution set off a tabloid fire storm where he gets convicted in the media despite not being charged or having access to the evidence against him. Obviously he is a bad and dangerous person and I am glad he is behind bars for the crimes they have convicted him of.

But it doesn't sit well with me that the media paints him as a murderer despite us having seen precisely zero evidence he has ever murdered anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247