Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen it and a V good read thanks!

Very interesting, though, how the wall of silence by HCW et al - is now smoking out the Lawyer!

I don't buy into this tactical stuff.

It would make some kind of sense to put psychological pressure on if he was not already in prison. But what does pressure achieve in this situation?

I think rather the pressure will come on the prosecutor to back up the claims he has made.

This is a good read: Christian B’s lawyer: “This is ridiculous”

Apologies if already posted.
Interesting that he says his client would invoke his right to remain silent.

How does that impact on a defence in German law? In the UK if you remain silent on facts you could reasonably have answered at the time - it means they cannot then be used in your defence.

It also allows the court to draw inferences from the silence eg failing to account for something. But it can only form part of the case.

I don't buy into this tactical stuff.

It would make some kind of sense to put psychological pressure on if he was not already in prison. But what does pressure achieve in this situation?

I think rather the pressure will come on the prosecutor to back up the claims he has made.

But what does pressure achieve in this situation?

A confession.

How does that impact on a defence in German law? In the UK if you remain silent on facts you could reasonably have answered at the time - it means they cannot then be used in your defence.

It also allows the court to draw inferences from the silence eg failing to account for something. But it can only form part of the case.

I'm also not sure what he means here.
Does he mean stay silent whilst being investigated?
Or stay silent if he is charged?

I agree with this from the defence's point of view.

The Prosecution set off a tabloid fire storm where he gets convicted in the media despite not being charged or having access to the evidence against him. Obviously he is a bad and dangerous person and I am glad he is behind bars for the crimes they have convicted him of.

But it doesn't sit well with me that the media paints him as a murderer despite us having seen precisely zero evidence he has ever murdered anyone

I do worry that although CB has a twisted past he has not shown any murderous tendencies nor has he ever been caught for a murder/violent crime (minus the brutal raping of the 72 y/o woman) - it’s mainly sexual crimes/drugs/robbery. This makes me think he is either not guilty of murdering MM or he is a much slicker criminal that he appears, especially if he is guilty for the multiple cases linked to him. Or as it’s speculated, it was completely impulsive to take MM and this is a one off crime which resulted in her murder.

If he is the murderer of MM and multiple other children I’m so shocked and disgusted at how long this went on for without him being caught.

I also thought that I have read somewhere (in the beginning when CBs name was announced as suspect of the disappearance of MM)
that there was also a charge against him for environmental pollution or violation of permits related to his work as a car mechanic or car company or something?
Or am I completely wrong? Can’t find it anymore...maybe @SuperdadV8 or fellow German posters can shine a light on this? Could also be that I mixed it up with the illegal scrap yard owner (van)
TIA

I do worry that although CB has a twisted past he has not shown any murderous tendencies nor has he ever been caught for a murder/violent crime (minus the brutal raping of the 72 y/o woman) - it’s mainly sexual crimes/drugs/robbery. This makes me think he is either not guilty of murdering MM or he is a much slicker criminal that he appears, especially if he is guilty for the multiple cases linked to him. Or as it’s speculated, it was completely impulsive to take MM and this is a one off crime which resulted in her murder.

If he is the murderer of MM and multiple other children I’m so shocked and disgusted at how long this went on for without him being caught.
He broke into the home of a 72 yr old woman and brutally raped her. I don't think that is too many steps away from murder. It is probably just a matter of luck that she wasn't killed during the ordeal. JMO

Either way, what I object to is the likes of the Mail writing articles about his "kidnap wagon" despite presentation of zero evidence

Not sure if this has been posted?

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-brueckner-22463839

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner cleared of rape and murder of girl, 11

Claudia Ruf was kidnapped from Grevenbroich, Germany, in 1996, while walking her neighbour's dog - before her partly burned body was found dumped around 40 miles away.

Police investigating the possible involvement of prime Maddie suspect Brueckner today ruled him out as a suspect.

A police spokesman told German newspaper Bild: "After comparing the information obtained, it can be said that Christian B was not in Grevenbroich at the time in the case of Claudia Ruf.

"In addition, a DNA comparison is said to have been negative."

I also thought that I have read somewhere (in the beginning when CBs name was announced as suspect of the disappearance of MM)
that there was also a charge against him for environmental pollution or violation of permits related to his work as a car mechanic or car company or something?
Or am I completely wrong? Can’t find it anymore...maybe @SuperdadV8 or fellow German posters can shine a light on this? Could also be that I mixed it up with the illegal scrap yard owner (van)
TIA

I think I read that neighbors had complained about the box factory site due to what you mention above.

Not being caught for those type of crimes doesn't necessarily mean you haven't committed them. Besides, as you say the rape was indeed violent.

There's also numerous reports of unhinged behaviour and attacks. He beat some of his previous girlfriends. There was another report from a classmate who CB was bullying and who CB attacked. There was also a report of him getting into a barfight in Portugal. And of course the freezer at the kiosk debacle where he turned up with armed thugs to intimidate the owner. And he frequently owned a gun, getting convicted twice for illegally carrying one.

While there may be no firm evidence yet of any murderous intent, there is certainly evidence of violent and aggressive behaviour. Although regarding murderous intent as well, he did threaten to kill one of his ex-girfriends and/or their family members if I recall correctly. And on the skype chat he also claimed he wanted to kill his victim once he'd finished abusing them.

This is a good read: Christian B’s lawyer: “This is ridiculous”

Apologies if already posted.

I agree with this from the defence's point of view.

The Prosecution set off a tabloid fire storm where he gets convicted in the media despite not being charged or having access to the evidence against him. Obviously he is a bad and dangerous person and I am glad he is behind bars for the crimes they have convicted him of.

But it doesn't sit well with me that the media paints him as a murderer despite us having seen precisely zero evidence he has ever murdered anyone
I'm

Every murderer starts somewhere. And his background of sexual abuses is far from unusual.

What depresses me is how often somebody is charged with murder and rape and when it comes to court a long history of exposing themselves, minor assaults and petty thefts are listed.

They are crimes that should be taken far more seriously because so many murderers do seem to have started that way

I have only checked into this briefly and I believe there are some similar disadvantages in terms of not disclosing key matters you intend to rely on later

My understanding is that currently, CB is free to decline to speak with police in an interview. This tends to be the blanket advice to any suspect as the risk is you enable the police to go on a fishing expedition.

If he was actually arrested on suspicion/charged - i believe he can be compelled to give an interview, but then can chose not to say anything.

From the defence point of view it makes no sense to give an interview without knowing what the evidence against him is.

I think this is broadly similar to the UK where you cannot ambush the accused in an interview based on secret evidence you hold.

I have only checked into this briefly and I believe there are some similar disadvantages in terms of not disclosing key matters you intend to rely on later

My understanding is that currently, CB is free to decline to speak with police in an interview. This tends to be the blanket advice to any suspect as the risk is you enable the police to go on a fishing expedition.

If he was actually arrested on suspicion/charged - i believe he can be compelled to give an interview, but then can chose not to say anything.

From the defence point of view it makes no sense to give an interview without knowing what the evidence against him is.

I think this is broadly similar to the UK where you cannot ambush the accused in an interview based on secret evidence you hold.
Where CB and his legal team may fall down though is that he has already been interviewed in relation to the matter in 2013 after the police sent him a summons. Depending on what he said at the time, evidence that has since been gathered may prove he lied.

"The man, who we have agreed not to name, added: “Christian said ‘just because I was in Portugal 12 years, they send me this.

“‘Just because I was living there at the time and also in that time frame I was close by. Just because I was living out of a van’.

“He kept going on about it and waving the paper around saying, ‘I have nothing to do with this, they are trying to get me’.

“It was like he had rehearsed what he was saying.”

The friend added: “He said that he went to answer the summons and he told police that he had nothing to do with it.

“I asked him ‘but why say that as you’re only a witness?’ He just said ‘let’s have a party!’.

“He told me, ‘they asked me a load of questions and I answered them’. Then he said, ‘they’ve got nothing on me. They can’t get me’.”

Madeleine McCann suspect 'joked he had hid her in cellar' claims sickened ex-pal

IOr as it’s speculated, it was completely impulsive to take MM and this is a one off crime which resulted in her murder.
He could have attempted burglary but kill the child accidentally and then take her with him out of panic, this is not impossible.
Another thing is that he might have had an accomplice to either the burglary or the kidnap.
He and the accomplice could have as well fallen out during the burglary/kidnap or something could have gone wrong.
The very interesting thing is that nothing had been taken from the apartment apart from Madeleine, this could as well be intentional.
The other options are: that he took her only for making videos, or only for himself, premeditated or on impulse.
Then he could have taken her to order. Or change his mind and not pass her on. Or take her for himself and then pass her on. She could as well be alive somewhere.
Now, I have been thinking about this for days, more I read about CB more I think Madeline was taken to order. If it was him. He could as well have been only the accomplice, like provide transport etc. as he usually does.

I wonder what happened to the removable roof of his van, and whether it was still there when police checked it.
We have lots of info about CB, sometimes our inner logic works the best.
If we close our eyes and let our minds try solving this puzzle ( this is what I sometimes do with mathematical tasks) then the most logical solution appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member