Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the document is a request for information/ international Police comms memo after he had contacted OP Grange under a false name in 2016?

From translation.......
'which activated this connection in 2016. (cannot see the exact date)'

He later admitted his ID.

"afterwards admitted of being a German national and is named L***" from paper 1.

This is confusing.

As I understand from document 2 he served prison at Agricultural Dentention Center of Agia Chania, correct?

But police states his registered address to be Agricultural Detention Center of Agios on July 18, 2017. So is he in prison?

This is confusing.

As I understand from document 2 he served prison at Agricultural Dentention Center of Agia Chania, correct?

But police states his registered address to be Agricultural Detention Center of Agios on July 18, 2017. So is he in prison?
Yes he served prison in Chania, Crete. His address(the prison) is given in the tax registry. This does not mean that on July 18 that was his registered address. He was giving monthly presence (attending a police station) every month in Athens.

This is confusing.

Perhaps he was still reporting back weekly/monthly after his release in MAY. :D

Last edited:
Yes he served prison in Chania, Crete. His address(the prison) is given in the tax registry. This does not mean that on July 18 that was his registered address. He was giving monthly presence (attending a police station) every month in Athens.

Is that the same detention center Agios and Agia Chania?

That can be an outdated taxpayer's address but isn't police expected to offer his actual address?

It must something to do with transliteration. They only show first letter and it might be in Greek alphabet.
It is in Latin alphabet. They usually do not transcribe foreign names

That can be a taxpayer's address but isn't police expected to offer his actual address?
It must be Agia in Chania. It is a quite infamous detention centre.
Things move slowly in Greece .... I have been a resident of the UK since 2015 and my tax residential address changed only in 2018...

That can be an outdated taxpayer's address but isn't police expected to offer his actual address?

Maybe that's the only address they had for him at the time?

Maybe that's the only address they had for him at the time?

But if he had to attend a police station from time to time since he was released, isn't policed supposed to know his current address?

I wonder whether this was the tip off PJ got in 2007 when they couldn't find CB?

“I give important information for the case. On the day Madeleine disappeared I was also in the particular province in Portugal, in a neighboring area,” the German national told the newspaper. He claimed that he had contacted the local police back then but there was no further investigation.'

Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine’s secret in Athens - Keep Talking Greece

But if he had to attend a police station from time to time since he was released, isn't policed supposed to know his current address?

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess as long as he showed up monthly, would it matter where he lived?

It must be Agia in Chania. It is a quite infamous detention centre.
Things move slowly in Greece .... I have been a resident of the UK since 2015 and my tax residential address changed only in 2018...

Prisons in islands don't use to be very famous indeed.

I wonder whether this was the tip off PJ got in 2007 when they couldn't find CB?

“I give important information for the case. On the day Madeleine disappeared I was also in the particular province in Portugal, in a neighboring area,” the German national told the newspaper. He claimed that he had contacted the local police back then but there was no further investigation.'

Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine’s secret in Athens - Keep Talking Greece

Unlikely Ted, as HB says CB told him the secret in 2008.

Unlikely Ted, as HB says CB told him the secret in 2008.

But he may have found other grubby stuff when he robbed CB's house and suspected him, but later dismissed it until CB blabbed?
Perhaps I'm giving him too much kudos here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asmok