Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he may have found other grubby stuff when he robbed CB's house and suspected him, but later dismissed it until CB blabbed?
Perhaps I'm giving him too much kudos here!

Perhaps you should save your kudos, LOL. That's possible. Unfortunately the guy didn't open the door and we'll never know what police wanted.

But if he had to attend a police station from time to time since he was released, isn't policed supposed to know his current address?

That should be a basic requirement, regardless of where/in what country his parole took place. But, a google tells me, the conditions seem to be specific to the crime committed so...

In his case, there's a possibility that as long as he was turning up when he was obliged to turn up, whatever address he'd given them could be assumed to be fulfilling the 'within the area' remit. But also, considering his crime, not really something his parole people were likely to get too bothered about or check up on if he gave them no reason to do so.

Last edited:
I suppose they could do. I mean, undercover basically is in disguise. Police will enrol on courses, attend job interviews etc. Whatever is needed re undercover cases. However, my initial thought was that the other suspect is probably a British National.. Portugal not only attracts European paedo's and weirdo's, but also lotts of British ex-pats and their families! X
This was from April 30th 17, so before HB was out of prison, quote"
Madeleine McCann prime suspect 'is woman spotted near Algarve apartments on night'
Detectives are reportedly scouring Europe to find the woman spotted near where the three-year-old vanished while on holiday with her family who police believe can solve the mystery ..........Madeleine McCann prime suspect 'is woman spotted near apartments'

This was from April 30th 17, so before HB was out of prison, quote"
Madeleine McCann prime suspect 'is woman spotted near Algarve apartments on night'ay
Detectives are reportedly scouring Europe to find the woman spotted near where the three-year-old vanished while on holiday with her family who police believe can solve the mystery ..........Madeleine McCann prime suspect 'is woman spotted near apartments'

Purple woman?
I posted links yesterday as it interested me too due to the timing and her dead hubby was a car painter in Lagos and convicted paedo.
They both worked at OC.

Hunt for Missing UK Child Moves to Bulgaria

P.J. POLICE FILES: LOUISA MARIA CAMARA TODOROV

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV

Madeleine McCann: Waitress denies she is 'woman in purple' | | Express Digest

Last edited:
Directorate of International Police Cooperation
SIRENE Department
(addresses and names and phone numbers follow)

Notification/Communication: 1) Directorate of Criminological Investigations 2) ΥΕΕΒΕ (CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT OF NORTHERN GREECE)
3) *possibly* Police station of Thessaloniki

Theme: Article 32 of Decision 2007/533 / JHA - MISSING PERSON - NATIONAL of UNITED KINGDOM McCann Madeleine, born 12/5/2003 - Registration by the Portuguese authorities

Athens, 18/7/2017 (18th of July 2017)
Electronic *trafficking?* for those ... who are connected to the POL network

To: 1) Initial Identity Search Branch (not sure how to translate this)
2) Thessaloniki Police Department
3) TA Omonia (Omonia Security Department)

1. We are letting you know that the minor in question is registered in SIS II under Article 32 (Measure for Missing Persons - Minors) by the Dutch authorities, as on 3/5/2007, at the age of four, she disappeared when she was on holiday with her parents at the tourist resort Praia da Luz in Portugal.
2. Following information we received from the Hellenic (Greek) Police Association in London, it is reported that the Metropolitan Police of London has submitted a request related to the "Grange" operation, which is active in gathering information and attempting to locate her, regarding the matter with the aforementioned minor.
3. More specifically, in May of this year a person who initially refused to disclose their identity, contacted the team of the Grange operation, but who afterwards admitted of being a German national and is named L***, born in 1971, and mentioned that he has information and would like to aid the British authorities in their searches. The one in question, who uses the no. 6*** mobile phone, stated that he lives in an area of Attica and that he was recently released after serving a sentence of 2 years and seven months for an offence he allegedly committed in 2011 - most likely a case of smuggling illegal immigrants. He further stated that he must report once a month to a police station (which he did not know to name but it is believed to be the Omonia Police Department) and that he has been barred from leaving the country. He also stated that in Greece he maintains friendly relations with a German citizen, about 60 years old. So far, the information he has given voluntarily and without any financial or other consideration to the Metropolitan Police regarding the case has been cross-checked and is considered a reliable source.
4. In order to fulfil (satisfy) the request of the London Metropolitan Police, please let us know of any available information which arises from the files kept by your Service.
5. The Services to which this document is notified are requested to be informed and to act competently and consequently inform us in this regard.
6. Please let your answers be communicated to the other recipients hereof for their information.
What on earth do the Dutch authorities have to do with anything regarding MM's disappearance, Operation Grange, and article 32?

Perhaps they were the designated EU Country to deal with or filter requests/info at the time?
Once upon a time we were in the EU.

That's correct. Chiatos must search EU treaties. There must be one for missing children where Dutch authorities have some central role. But this is not a clarification. Just a suggestion.

What on earth do the Dutch authorities have to do with anything regarding MM's disappearance, Operation Grange, and article 32?

The EUROPOL Section is responsible for the materialization of Council Decision 2009/371/JHA regarding the establishment of the European Police Office (EUROPOL). It is the National Service, the link with Europol whose seat is in the Hague/the Netherlands

For clarification, it's all in here.............
INTERNATIONAL POLICE COOPERATION DIVISION - Ministry of Public Order & Citizen Protection

Purple woman?
I posted links yesterday as it interested me too due to the timing and her dead hubby was a car painter in Lagos and convicted paedo.
They both worked at OC.

Hunt for Missing UK Child Moves to Bulgaria

P.J. POLICE FILES: LOUISA MARIA CAMARA TODOROV

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV

Madeleine McCann: Waitress denies she is 'woman in purple' | | Express Digest
Thanks , was that tractor mans wife ? He was ruled out as a suspect as his DNA did not match ???? and match to what I do not know o_O:confused::confused::confused:

maybe 2008 is when he contacted PLE? don't forget they were hell bent to blame KM !! and it wouldn't be the first time leads were not checked out ?

This is possible. Though it is not mentioned in any of the Greek police files, HB allegedly informed the Portuguese authorities earlier on and there was no further investigation of his allegations.

I was thinking that perhaps on the 10th anniversary HB was out of jail and saw on Greek tv the request for any information from SY and this reminded him of CB. Thus, the phone call in May 2017. It can be no coincidence that he called in May at exactly 10 years after the disappearance. The 10th anniversary refreshed his memory. I don't think there is anything dodgy in this. And I don't think it really haunted him...

maybe 2008 is when he contacted PLE? don't forget they were hell bent to blame KM !! and it wouldn't be the first time leads were not checked out ?

That's the trouble.
If you give info, you expect to be contacted. If you're not then contacted you presume your info is worthless and the persons name you passed on has been eliminated.

Tannerman (Dr T) is an example of that.

I don't believe any sound suspicion wouldn't be followed. Just check PJ files and you readily confirm they kept following all type of leads all the time.

What's heard a lot in the press are statements like "they never called me". These are people who made some kind of rumor sometime and expected police to contact them, not people who contacted police. Also heard are people like HB who claim they contacted police, but as usual these aren't 100% reliable.

I don't believe any sound suspicion wouldn't be followed. Just check PJ files and you readily confirm they kept following all type of leads all the time.

What's heard a lot in the press are statements like "they never called me". These are people who made some kind of rumor sometime and expected police to contact them, not people who contacted police. Also heard are people like HB who claim they contacted police, but as usual these aren't 100% reliable.

It's pretty troubling to find reliable witnesses in CB's entourage. Though in HB's case it seems SY and the German police both deem him as trustworthy. So they must have info they don't share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper