Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for FF's revelation that will make us all fall from the chair (I already fastened by belt). We need fresh evidence.

I can't see how GA could provide him smoking gun evidence. It must be something else.

Going round in circles...

Probably I'm missing important info here, but was there any real development regarding the ID of the caller of that mysterious call?
Is it really "impossible" to track down the ID/location?
Would this be dependent on PJ's support?

Too many things becoming too complex...

You're not missing anything.

There have been zero developments as regards this caller. LE appears to have no clear idea where the call came from, let alone who it came from, and are still, according to Wolters, entirely dependent upon s/he coming forward.

And there's no reason whatsoever imo to think that the PJ would be withholding info from the German LE that would throw crucial light upon this apparently vital piece of evidence.

Exactly, all those possible things, for all those possible reasons (apart from caller being unaware though, Mendel, which I think is a bit unlikely unless they're living so off-grid that all this has passed them by.)
I don't remember the number i used to have in Germany 5 years ago (and I had it for over 7 years)... why would someone remember their number of 13 years old?

You're not missing anything.

There have been zero developments as regards this caller. LE appears to have no clear idea where the call came from, let alone who it came from, and are still, according to Wolters, entirely dependent upon s/he coming forward.

And there's no reason whatsoever imo to think that the PJ would be withholding info from the German LE that would throw crucial light upon this apparently vital piece of evidence.
There have been some reports of leads on the number but nothing definitive. I'm not sure whether LE would openly tell us if they did know the caller by now though if they are still gathering other evidence.

I recall there was a supposedly promising lead from the XY program in Germany but never heard anything about it afterwards. What I have found a little odd is that in all the subsequent TV appearances by HCW, I have not seen him reiterate their appeal for information on the phone numbers. Maybe they already know, maybe they don't.

Maddie cops probe new 'phone link' to prime suspect Christian B after TV tip-off

"A viewer of Germany’s Crimewatch called cops to say they recognised a mobile number that suspect Christian B is said to have phoned on the night Madeleine vanished.

Police now hope to trace the Portuguese number’s owner. They are also checking banks in Portugal to see if it was topped up at an ATM.

In the new TV appeal about three-year-old Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance, German police urged viewers to check diaries and contacts books to see if they recognised the number.

As the show ended, detective Alfred Hettmer revealed: “There have been 16 calls about this number and one of them is promising.”

The caller had contacted police in Bavaria — significant because that is where convicted paedo B lived before moving to Portugal"

Maybe CB's former buddies are framing him. CB's sloppiness could have caused HB's imprisonment, we don't know. Remember the line that "loyalties have changed" from HCW. Why is that? If it was because they suspected him of being a child abductor I'm sure their loyalties would have changed 13 years ago. So why now? What's he done to wind them up? On the other hand, CB's history certainly points towards his guilt. More headaches for everybody.

Then there is little value in inteviewing him at the moment if that was the case.

What circumstantial evidence have they really revealed to us that directly links him to MM? An apparent confession (could be dismissed as hearsay/lying) and a phone he is known to have used being pinged in the area around the time (could have been someone else using it).

There's a lot that proves he's a bad person but I wouldn't say there's much to directly link him with MM based on what we've been told. And by arresting him they would have to reveal everything else they have on him to FF, handing the defence the advantage of being able to pick their own version of events based on what holes there are in the evidence.

RSBM

In other cases i have followed, early police interviews have been quite crucial to the trial, precisely because if the accused commits to an explanation that then doesn't hold up, he is in a world of hurt

There are very good reasons to interview early.

RSBM

In other cases i have followed, early police interviews have been quite crucial to the trial, precisely because if the accused commits to an explanation that then doesn't hold up, he is in a world of hurt

Agreed but they already have done that, back in 2013. They already know what his supposed story was for the night of 3rd May 2007 when he was called for questioning the first time. Don’t see the benefit or urgency to re-interview him now if it means revealing all their current evidence to FF when they admittedly still need more.

Madeleine McCann suspect 'joked he had hid her in cellar' claims sickened ex-pal

Last edited:
There have been some reports of leads on the number but nothing definitive. I'm not sure whether LE would openly tell us if they did know the caller by now though if they are still gathering other evidence.

I recall there was a supposedly promising lead from the XY program in Germany but never heard anything about it afterwards. What I have found a little odd is that in all the subsequent TV appearances by HCW, I have not seen him reiterate their appeal for information on the phone numbers. Maybe they already know, maybe they don't.

Maddie cops probe new 'phone link' to prime suspect Christian B after TV tip-off

"A viewer of Germany’s Crimewatch called cops to say they recognised a mobile number that suspect Christian B is said to have phoned on the night Madeleine vanished.

Police now hope to trace the Portuguese number’s owner. They are also checking banks in Portugal to see if it was topped up at an ATM.

In the new TV appeal about three-year-old Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance, German police urged viewers to check diaries and contacts books to see if they recognised the number.

As the show ended, detective Alfred Hettmer revealed: “There have been 16 calls about this number and one of them is promising.”

The caller had contacted police in Bavaria — significant because that is where convicted paedo B lived before moving to Portugal"
Doesn't NF live in Bavaria?

RSBM

He was interviewed though in 2013. Sorry Dlk already mentioned it above...

Herr Fülscher has just arrived to DM.

Mr Fulscher claims that an anonymous source has provided 'vital information' which will make Brits 'fall off their chair'.

'I've had threats, lots of them, some of them death threats,' he said. 'Some of them have been online and some of them have been on the phone.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner's lawyer says he has evidence that clears his client | Daily Mail Online
The only thing that would throw me off my chair is if CB was in prison on the 3rd of May.

So it could be possible that she gave them the person behind the number... IMO

IIRC, I heard somewhere, at the time, that it might have been MH who had that number recorded as NF's. Anyway, I think that has never been known for sure.

Good find!

"I cannot go into details but it is very significant and involves someone who has provided me with vital information," he said. Guessing this would be GA?
I think so too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member