Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my thoughts exactly!

i thought the same. they also show what looks like a screen grab of some skype messages but i cant understand them :( where are our german friends??

The conversation goes like:

Harald (presumably CB's moniker): How are you?
Panik: Not good
Harald: Not good? I finally want to *advertiser censored** a kid
Panik: Yes well who doesn't
Harald: I want to catch something small and use it for days
Panik: That's risky
Harald: Oh, the evidence would be destroyed later

<modsnip> straight to the point or what. how disturbing... i wonder who his friend was and if they've caught him too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with a woman who says CB stalked her, with info on his time in Foral: Brit mum tells how she escaped 'chilling' Madeleine McCann suspect's clutches when he stayed with her parents

Also snippet on his childhood:

Christian B would eventually confide in Angie’s father about a troubled childhood — including how his own dad would savagely beat him.

He told them he later went to stay with his grandfather — but he died a few years later.

And remembering the sightings of two possibly German men hanging around PdL prior to the abduction, this from another woman:

She said he was a familiar face at drug-fuelled bashes in woods near the hippy village of Barao de Sao Joao, a 20-minute drive from Praia da Luz.

The woman said she always thought the blond, blue-eyed pervert was English — and she revealed he hung around with a lookalike accomplice.

She said of Christian B’s sex-for-drugs deals: “It was a sort of payment in kind.

"He gave the girls weed and other things they wanted and in exchange they gave him sex because they didn’t have money to pay for the drugs. That was the way they did things.”

Does anyone else have any ideas how the new suspect would fit into the established timeline?

9.15 is when Gerry says he did his check, stood in the small bedroom and 'sensed' someone behind the door. At 9.20 Jane Tanner says she came up to the apartments to check her own and saw Gerry heading back. Looking towards the apartments she also sees a man with a child on the road ( who was identified in 2013 so not an abductor)
Next at 9.30 Matthew Oldfield does a check but just 'listens' at the door of the bedroom and says he thought Madeliene was in bed but didn't see her as it was dark. His friend Russel O'Brien also went to do a check at this time.
Then Kate goes to the apartment at 9.55, finds her child missing and runs back to the
restaurant.

If you take Matthew Oldfields 'non sighting' of Maddie to mean she had gone from her bed by that time it could mean CB had got inside 5A between 9.15 and 9.30 and took Madeliene from her bed at least. Just 15 minutes in which Jane, Gerry and Oldfield and O'Brien don't see him when they are outside or hear any commotion. Matthew Oldfield also thinks the bedroom window shutters were open on his check at 9.30 where he didn't see Maddie under the window. At this time he's either hiding in the apartment or has got out with Madeleine.
The man Jane Tanner saw at around 9.15 -9.20 who Met Police identified presumably didn't see an abductor and he was on the road at the back of the apartments.
I find it very hard to believe this timeline. It means no-one saw him in the street in that 15 minute window. and he was possibly hiding in the small apartment when both Gerry and Oldfield were doing their checks. So he hides from 2 fathers in a small apartment?
There were also other witnesses, holiday makers who were even eating on a balcony overlooking the back of the apartments who saw and heard nothing.
If you "sense" someone behind the door in an apartment where three tiny toddlers are sleeping, why the hell do you ever leave them alone??

Oh dear god no. I feel sick.

Is this a literal translation?

I'm interested in the use of the word "finally". Would imply that he had never done it before and given this conversation took place after MM, it "could" be significant. I know the German language is more complex than English, they have about 20 different connotations for the word "The" so just wondering if this phrase of 'finally' may have another meaning in the context?

my thoughts exactly!

i thought the same. they also show what looks like a screen grab of some skype messages but i cant understand them :( where are our german friends??

Well, I'm in their timezone, and still awake. Rise and shine, German speakers!

Shocked by the pace at which this is moving. Absolute avalanche of info (of varying quality, but still...)

Is this a literal translation?

I'm interested in the use of the word "finally". Would imply that he had never done it before and given this conversation took place after MM, it "could" be significant. I know the German language is more complex than English, they have about 20 different connotations for the word "The" so just wondering if this phrase of 'finally' may have another meaning in the context?

Nah I'm not very good at German so it's a mix of my own translation plus a few of the words I didn't know put into google translate

Would be good for someone fluent to translate it

The german police are confusing me...''We expect that she is dead, but we don’t have enough evidence that we can get a warrant for our suspect in Germany for the murder of Madeleine McCann. '' .

'expect' she is dead? So if they had seen a video she may not have been killed in it?

'Some evidence' Madeleine McCann is dead, say German authorities

I keep coming back to this idea that if they weren't sure she was dead, they probably wouldn't have this much attention on her right now simply because this level of attention, if she were alive, would surely seal her death warrant.

The german police are confusing me...''We expect that she is dead, but we don’t have enough evidence that we can get a warrant for our suspect in Germany for the murder of Madeleine McCann. '' .

'expect' she is dead? So if they had seen a video she may not have been killed in it?

'Some evidence' Madeleine McCann is dead, say German authorities

I keep coming back to this idea that if they weren't sure she was dead, they probably wouldn't have this much attention on her right now simply because this level of attention, if she were alive, would surely seal her death warrant.
I'm not buying it. He wouldn't have thought this was a horrible job. How would she remember this all these years later if she didn join the dots at the time? This conversation could have taken place the day before he had to clear the hair out of the shower drain. And he disappeared for three year and they didn't think anything of it? Even the most simplest of simpletons would think that was odd and say something in those circumstances, they knew he wasn't exactly a saint

Give me strength

If he actually said that at the time, then I'm wondering what stopped the woman / women from reporting the remarks to LE at the time??

This is new...

Anyone have a Times subscription? They’re elaborating on the web chat

“Police have discovered that Christian Brückner discussed kidnapping, raping and killing a girl in a conversation with another paedophile online. He graphically described his wish to “catch something little and use it for days”.

Asked about the risk of being caught, he said: “Meh, if the evidence is destroyed . . .”

He added: “Then I’ll record maaaany videos/clips. I’ll document in detail how she’s being tortured.” The conversation was discovered by German police investigating the disappearance of Inga Gehricke, five, on the eve of the eighth year since Madeleine”

This is new...

Relevant parts of full article below -

Police have discovered that Christian Brückner discussed kidnapping, raping and killing a girl in a conversation with another paedophile online. He graphically described his wish to “catch something little and use it for days”.

Asked about the risk of being caught, he said: “Meh, if the evidence is destroyed . . .”

He added: “Then I’ll record maaaany videos/clips. I’ll document in detail how she’s being tortured.” The conversation was discovered by German police investigating the disappearance of Inga Gehricke, five, on the eve of the eighth year since Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

- German prosecutor believes MM was killed relatively soon after abduction, and believes CB committed more crimes in Germany & Portugal

- Prosecutor declined to say whether he believed that Brückner had filmed his abuse of Madeleine, as he did with his other victims.

- Hazel Behan, who was raped in similar circumstances to CB's American victim, has asked police to review her case.

Last edited:

If he actually said that at the time, then I'm wondering what stopped the woman / women from reporting the remarks to LE at the time??

I think if he said anything it was probably just that he had a job in the area and would be gone for a while,but even that is highly dubious to be fair because why would he draw any attention to himself the night before he planned to steal a little girl?

This is new...

“Police have discovered that Christian Brückner discussed kidnapping, raping and killing a girl in a conversation with another paedophile online. He graphically described his wish to “catch something little and use it for days”.

He added: “Then I’ll record maaaany videos/clips. I’ll document in detail how she’s being tortured.” The conversation was discovered by German police investigating the disappearance of Inga Gehricke, five, on the eve of the eighth year since Madeleine”

It occurs to me that police have known of this exchange for five years (c.2015) and in 2016 he was apparently found guilty of abusing a child. What else did they discover about him? As far as I’m aware, we know nothing of this later child abuse charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj