Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope it’s irrelevant the Portuguese police have dismissed the Irish rape case as being a link, I hope that German or the met will take it from here, cause I really feel like it’s extremely likely to be CB. Even as far as the birth marks on his legs. She spent 4/5 hours with him, I’m sure she spent time talking to him amongst other things. She could have significant or valuable details to share. Anything. The only thing I can think of why it’s been discredited so soon is if CB was in jail at the time. As far as we are aware that was only once in Portugal for diesel theft and that was after 2005.

If he was in jail at the time, wouldn't they have indicated that as the reason they dismissed him so quickly? Even if he was in jail at the time, then is it possible that he joined a ring of some sort or committed a copycat of someone when he attacked the older lady? Are those ideas not worth looking into? And if they were considered, how were they so quickly ruled out? Maybe they're still considering other possible links and just haven't advised the media as yet?

The prosecutor said 'we assume she is dead but at the moment we cannot substantiate our suspicions.'

So assumptions and suspicions....Doesn't sound confident at all to me! I would bet the suspicions come from his fantasising webchat only. That would not be enough to charge someone.

and why do Scotland Yard not declare her dead if they have seen this video? They have spent 13 million pounds and let another police force declare her dead?
Different wording appearing on different sites. How can they know how she died but only "assume" she is dead? It could just be the video doesn't show MM clearly enough. And ultimately, without a body to analyse, it could be a lookalike. I think that's why the Met are still maintaining that line of a missing person until proven beyknd doubt but that's just my opinion.

The Clarence Mitchell piece said the same sort of thing, that the McCanns will continue to believe there's hope but are realistic about the prospect and that this breakthrough seems different to the other "breaks" in the past.

Different wording appearing on different sites. How can they know how she died but only "assume" she is dead? It could just be the video doesn't show MM clearly enough. And ultimately, without a body to analyse, it could be a lookalike. I think that's why the Met are still maintaining that line of a missing person until proven beyknd doubt but that's just my opinion.

The Clarence Mitchell piece said the same sort of thing, that the McCanns will continue to believe there's hope but are realistic about the prospect and that this breakthrough seems different to the other "breaks" in the past.
A couple of the Red Tops have quoted HCW as saying that "it's my personal opinion"

Sorry....do you really have to ask that? Why do you think I didn't translated that...it was litterly in the chat.
Ok right. Think I maybe get what what he means now. Although, I'm still not totally sure. Sorry if being naive. I thought it might have been in reference to some organisation called that. And they had taken too long to get rid of evidence or something like that. But given your response, I take it means something more literal.

NEW PROGRAMME TO REVEAL MORE DETAILS

A GERMAN television documentary is set to reveal more bombshell details about the Madeleine McCann case tonight.

The two-hour special, which airs tonight, will speak to people with inside knowledge of the investigation into the little girl's disappearance.

Clarence Mitchell, a long-term close adviser of the McCanns, and Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt are among those who will speak on the RTL show.

the sun

and why do Scotland Yard not declare her dead if they have seen this video? They have spent 13 million pounds and let another police force declare her dead?
What if he doesn’t kill on her the video? What if it’s only a child abuse video, but he tells someone in the pub or on a chat room that she’s dead, but the police have no way of really knowing, after all he could be lying, but it’s very unlikely given the circumstances. That would give them enough reason to believe she is actually dead, just don’t know with absolute certainty. He seems to cover his tracks well with regards to the rape(s), he knows keeping Madeline alive would get him caught, I think it’s fairly reasonable to assume she’s dead at this point.

I've put this together - tell me if any of the names in bold are incorrect in the investigation. I forgot to click on "Watch Thread" - and skipped a few pages....

Portugal - Madeleine McCann (3) (May 3, 2007, disappeared from hotel room while sleeping with her younger twin siblings, while parents ate at restaurant near the Mark Warner Ocean Summer Club in Praia da Luz; not found) - *Christian Brueckner (43) Suspect.
6/1/20 Update: The Metropolitan Police have not named the man who is described as white with short blond hair, possibly fair, and about 6 ft tall with a slim build. The 43-year-old drifter, who was living in a camper van close to where Maddie went missing, is considered a prime suspect in the case. According to the German Federal Criminal Police Office the suspect is a sex offender with multiple previous convictions. The suspect, who is in prison in Germany for an unrelated matter, has been linked to an early 1980s camper van - with a white upper body and yellow skirting, registered in Portugal - which was pictured in the Algarve in 2007. The day after Maddie went missing, the suspect got the car re-registered in Germany under someone else's name, although it is believed the vehicle was still in Portugal. He's 43 now. At the time he was 30, but he could have looked aged somewhere between 25 and 32.
6/7/20 Update: Christian Brueckner is facing investigations over the deaths or disappearance of at least three other children. Prosecutors in Belgium have confirmed they are investigating if he was connected to the murder of 16-year-old Carola Titze, whose body was found in sand dunes in De Haan, near Ostend, July 5, 1996. Rene Hasee was six when he went missing June 21, 1996 while on holiday in Aljezur, around 25 miles from Praia da Luz. Brueckner was living in the region at the time. Police in Germany are also investigating whether Brueckner was involved in the disappearance of five-year-old Inga Gehricke on May 2, 2015, after it emerged he had been nearby. Inge has not been found. In Portugal, police face pressure to re-examine the case of Joana Cipriano, eight, who disappeared in 2004 from Figueira, seven miles from Praia da Luz. Her mother and uncle allegedly confessed to her killing but her mother has since said she was forced to admit to the crime by police who beat her. Joana has never been found. German police are probing whether Brueckner was responsible for abducting Inga five years ago, and snatching and killing a nine-year-old girl almost two decades ago. The death of Peggy Knobloch, dubbed the "German Maddie" by British tabloids over the years, has been called Germany's most mysterious criminal case. The youngster vanished on her way home from school in May 2001 and her remains weren't discovered until July 2016, when mushroom pickers found human bones in a forest nine miles from Peggy's home in Lichtenberg, Bavaria. More info: Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner faces probes over FIVE child murder victims | Daily Mail Online
6/8/20 Update: The Portuguese police are on the trail of an ex-employee of the holiday domain where the McCann family stayed in 2007 when daughter Maddie disappeared there. The man is suspected of complicity in the Maddie McCann case. The night before the disappearance of the British toddler he had several contacts with the German prime suspect Christian Brückner. A crooked hotel worker and an innocent receptionist may have given Madeleine McCann's suspected abductor the opportunity to break in to her family's holiday apartment. The holiday complex receptionist noted the block dinner reservation in a staff register that was available for all to see at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz. The employee tipped off Christian B that the McCanns and their friends ate each night at the same poolside bar. It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.

This has to be the most horrible thing I have ever heard, even in the context of other horrible crimes. This guy is too sick in the head to ever get out of prison. They have to find a way to keep him there.

This is just a "little" demonstration how ugly things can get...sorry....yes, I agree he should stay in prisson so they can find out everything....

I've put this together - tell me if any of the names in bold are incorrect in the investigation. I forgot to click on "Watch Thread" - and skipped a few pages....

Portugal - Madeleine McCann (3) (May 3, 2007, disappeared from hotel room while sleeping with her younger twin siblings, while parents ate at restaurant near the Mark Warner Ocean Summer Club in Praia da Luz; not found) - *Christian Brueckner (43) Suspect.
6/1/20 Update: The Metropolitan Police have not named the man who is described as white with short blond hair, possibly fair, and about 6 ft tall with a slim build. The 43-year-old drifter, who was living in a camper van close to where Maddie went missing, is considered a prime suspect in the case. According to the German Federal Criminal Police Office the suspect is a sex offender with multiple previous convictions. The suspect, who is in prison in Germany for an unrelated matter, has been linked to an early 1980s camper van - with a white upper body and yellow skirting, registered in Portugal - which was pictured in the Algarve in 2007. The day after Maddie went missing, the suspect got the car re-registered in Germany under someone else's name, although it is believed the vehicle was still in Portugal. He's 43 now. At the time he was 30, but he could have looked aged somewhere between 25 and 32.
6/7/20 Update: Christian Brueckner is facing investigations over the deaths or disappearance of at least three other children. Prosecutors in Belgium have confirmed they are investigating if he was connected to the murder of 16-year-old Carola Titze, whose body was found in sand dunes in De Haan, near Ostend, July 5, 1996. Rene Hasee was six when he went missing June 21, 1996 while on holiday in Aljezur, around 25 miles from Praia da Luz. Brueckner was living in the region at the time. Police in Germany are also investigating whether Brueckner was involved in the disappearance of five-year-old Inga Gehricke on May 2, 2015, after it emerged he had been nearby. Inge has not been found. In Portugal, police face pressure to re-examine the case of Joana Cipriano, eight, who disappeared in 2004 from Figueira, seven miles from Praia da Luz. Her mother and uncle allegedly confessed to her killing but her mother has since said she was forced to admit to the crime by police who beat her. Joana has never been found. German police are probing whether Brueckner was responsible for abducting Inga five years ago, and snatching and killing a nine-year-old girl almost two decades ago. The death of Peggy Knobloch, dubbed the "German Maddie" by British tabloids over the years, has been called Germany's most mysterious criminal case. The youngster vanished on her way home from school in May 2001 and her remains weren't discovered until July 2016, when mushroom pickers found human bones in a forest nine miles from Peggy's home in Lichtenberg, Bavaria. More info: Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner faces probes over FIVE child murder victims | Daily Mail Online
6/8/20 Update: The Portuguese police are on the trail of an ex-employee of the holiday domain where the McCann family stayed in 2007 when daughter Maddie disappeared there. The man is suspected of complicity in the Maddie McCann case. The night before the disappearance of the British toddler he had several contacts with the German prime suspect Christian Brückner. A crooked hotel worker and an innocent receptionist may have given Madeleine McCann's suspected abductor the opportunity to break in to her family's holiday apartment. The holiday complex receptionist noted the block dinner reservation in a staff register that was available for all to see at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz. The employee tipped off Christian B that the McCanns and their friends ate each night at the same poolside bar. It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.

Thanks Niner...a good summery

NEW PROGRAMME TO REVEAL MORE DETAILS

A GERMAN television documentary is set to reveal more bombshell details about the Madeleine McCann case tonight.

The two-hour special, which airs tonight, will speak to people with inside knowledge of the investigation into the little girl's disappearance.

Clarence Mitchell, a long-term close adviser of the McCanns, and Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt are among those who will speak on the RTL show.

the sun
Really want to watch this. Is it on in the U.K.??

I suppose everyone here is feeling the same about this as I am. I'm on WS's discussing a crime but the conflict between knowing some details and not wanting to know others is happening a lot.
Personally, I'm setting my own limits.

Agreed.

I think the German investigators believe they know what happened to MM on the strength of CB's confession to the informant. The circumstantial evidence around Breuckner, and the fact that he backed up another brag with video evidence, lend credence to his MM claims.

They believe MM to be dead and they think they know how it was done because CB couldn't keep his trap shut. They don't have anything solid though.

There might be a video but I think the statements coming out of Germany make perfect sense without one.
That's a fair point. Although we do know that CB made videos of other victims. Therefore, if he is guilty in the MM case, I would find it extremely unlikely that he wouldn't have made a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member