Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
British couple discovered shrine at search site months after MM went missing.

And CB's letter ends with a drawing of a daisy having its petals picked and the words ¿not guilty¿ and ¿guilty¿....
And his 2021 letter with the drawing filet forensics...

Last edited:

This is what prompted the search. <modsnip - off limits, off topic>, presumably no-one secured the shrine. The stones were used as an arrow.

So these items disappeared 2 days after being first seen.
I wonder when reported to Portuguese police ?
What happened to the items ? .. ideally they would have been thoroughly forensically tested and be in possession of police...
But may have been removed by someone else ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know for a fact that CB didn't call this place his "little paradise" though?

If you read Okapi's post, it is not Barragem do Arade that they are saying has the nickname "little paradise". It is a place called Quinta do Arade, which is a collection of 3 holiday homes near the dam. And it's not even a nickname really, they just claim that many of their guests have called it that.

Of course I don't know but can you not see that it doesn't matter what, if anything, CB is alleged to have referred to the place as as it adds nothing of any value to the investigation!

My objection is to the way the media so irresponsibly pounces upon something like this, not caring whether it's fact-based or not, solely for the purpose and in the hope of stirring up sordid sensation for its sordid sensation-loving readership.

And it plainly worked for some, didn't it?

Last edited:
What happened to the items ? .. ideally they would have been thoroughly forensically tested and be in possession of police...
I’m beginning to wonder whether the PJ alerted him to the report.

This is what prompted the search. <modsnip - off limits, off topic>, presumably no-one secured the shrine. The stones were used as an arrow.

Nice! Same eerie stuff like in the Strobel case.:cool:

Seems like, somebody linked to this place might have struggled with his conscience?!

The more I think about this the more intrigued I become.

Just months after this occurrence was reported, the lawyer MC undertook his search as a result of information received. Yet the Portuguese authorities weren't curious despite the fact that MM was still missing and no-one had a clue what had happened to her.

The article says the couple reported the photos to BKA in 2020 , and were told BKA had been in the area a few months previously .. so early 2020 ?

The Portuguese police seemingly having been informed much earlier .. probably not long after photos were taken ...

Of course I don't know but can you not see that it doesn't matter what, if anything, CB is alleged to have referred to the place as as it adds nothing of any value to the investigation! My objection it to the media pouncing on anything and create OMG!!! sensation from things that really don't matter and, more importantly, don't add the slightest . anything
Well I think it does add 'something' (if it's true he called it that), it tells us the place was special to him and that he must have visited/stayed fairly often. CB's link to this place is something we didn't know anything about previously.

Or to put another way, it's a detail I'd be interested for the journalists to divulge rather than keep it to themselves.

As for how journalists spin it and continue to milk it... we all know what the tabloids are like, sensationalising minor details. It's the same with anything they report on, not just this case.

Does this memorial thing sound like something the lawyer Correia might have done? He does seem quite eccentric. Perhaps he did it out of frustration that the PJ weren’t interested in his tip off? Just a hunch, probably a wrong one but thought I’d float it.

The more I think about this the more intrigued I become.

Just months after this occurrence was reported, the lawyer MC undertook his search as a result of information received. Yet the Portuguese authorities weren't curious despite the fact that MM was still missing and no-one had a clue what had happened to her.
It was fading...new info to investigate? What a mess for portuguese authorities...the tourism needed to be protected first.

Does this memorial thing sound like something the lawyer Correia might have done? He does seem quite eccentric. Perhaps he did it out of frustration that the PJ weren’t interested in his tip off? Just a hunch, probably a wrong one but thought I’d float it.
According to the report, the shrine already existed in december of 2007. Correira did his investigation in 2008. But who knows....

According to the report, the shrine already existed in december of 2007. Correira did his investigation in 2008. But who knows....
I believe I read recently that he went to the PJ with the tip off at the end of 2007, and when he did nothing after a few weeks he then set about conducting his own searches in Feb 2008

Arrangment of the stones is interesting. Like in the recent pictures of the excavation.

Hard to think, Correiro hit into the bushes as well to do some mourning, whilst being focused in diving into the reservoir?!
So, he received the complaint in September 2007, having forwarded it to the PJ, "but I was never contacted". According to the witness who contacted the Portuguese lawyer, the girl's body would have been thrown into the waters of the dam on 6 May.
This is the second time that the lawyer hires divers to cross the dam. "In December, there were four days of searches, but then the money ran out".

He was obviously very emotionally affected by Madeleine’s disappearance (and Joana’s).
Okay, but did he placed stones in the ramshackle piece of forest as well, beside the holes, BKA dug out?

Do you think, this could be plausible?;)

Or do you would like to see a kind of pattern, as i do?

Okay, but did he placed stones in the ramshackle piece of forest as well, beside the holes, BKA dug out?

Do you think, this could be plausible?;)

Or do you would like to see a kind of pattern, as i do?
I think the stones were placed on the other side of the dam than where they excavated now? If so, it would indeed make sense for the lawyer to have lain that memorial with the stones not in an arrow but as a signage her body was in the water - the lilies were fresh in December. and I seriously doubt CB could in any way lay a memorial for his possible victim. Memorials are usually set by someone who cares - there is nothing from what we have seen of CB that he ever cared for a single person.

That’s what I’d like to know, and how much they’re getting paid for selling them on to the tabs.
Penpals, so-called researchers ,etc. Most of them believing he is a scapegoat to cover up for the real culprits. Jmo

The article says the couple reported the photos to BKA in 2020 , and were told BKA had been in the area a few months previously .. so early 2020 ?

The Portuguese police seemingly having been informed much earlier .. probably not long after photos were taken ...
Which was I believe Christmas 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member