DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Official statement from the Braunschweig prosecution

Madeleine McCann case: Search operation completed in Portugal​

PRESS RELEASE FROM 01.06.2023​

The search operation carried out last week in the area of the Arade-Stausesee in Portugal was completed on Thursday after three days. A previously precisely defined area along the reservoir was completely searched for possible evidence.
As part of the measure, some items were secured. These will be evaluated in the coming days and weeks. It is not yet possible to say whether some of the objects actually have a reference to the Madeleine McCann case.
Many thanks to all police officers involved in the search. The cooperation between the Portuguese police, the police officers from Great Britain and the Federal Criminal Police Office was excellent and very constructive.
The investigation conducted here in Braunschweig against the 46-year-old suspect is expected to continue for a longer time.״

BBM

Quite an intriguing phrase. Why ‘previously’? Obviously it could mean simply that they had it on the to-do list for a while for whatever reason. ‘Previously precisely defined’ makes me wonder about a word of mouth tip (perhaps historic) as much as photos. Photos lack the context of a verbal description, which can be precisely defined. Just musing.

BIB, Imo it is doubtful that HCW would state:

"Die hier in Braunschweig geführten Ermittlungen gegen den 46-jährigen Tatverdächtigen werden voraussichtlich noch längere Zeit andauern." (tr. "the investigations are expected to continue for a long time")

if there was a funding issue in the horizon.

To be fair, i think he is just setting expectations on charges - not talking about funding.

Presumably the budget level for this year (which sets resourcing) was already discussed and signed off last year - but one might expect to see a reduction in investigative resourcing if they haven't made progress in '24

It might also be relevant that they lose the trial support to Magdeburg

BBM

Quite an intriguing phrase. Why ‘previously’? Obviously it could mean simply that they had it on the to-do list for a while for whatever reason. ‘Previously precisely defined’ makes me wonder about a word of mouth tip (perhaps historic) as much as photos. Photos lack the context of a verbal description, which can be precisely defined. Just musing.
Reasonable musing imo.

finding the evidence BARD and taking it to court is difficult. he has said many times he will not charge before having evidence BARD... and this is the reasonable thing to do.
I get that C but strictly speaking he ought not to have declared he knew for certain what happened if he can't prove it BARD. The way he spoke is not how it's usually done is it. I don't blame anyone for being confused, or even suspicious.

To be fair, i think he is just setting expectations on charges - not talking about funding.

Presumably the budget level for this year (which sets resourcing) was already discussed and signed off last year - but one might expect to see a reduction in investigative resourcing if they haven't made progress in '24

It might also be relevant that they lose the trial support to Magdeburg
It was another 15 months or thereabouts the Grange team was cut back after their digs.

That's because we've had four PMs since Op Grange was created by the one in office in 2011. Can't really have it both ways. It's existed since the start because of the will of the government.
Don't you feel the slightest twinge of regret that Britain has broadcast itself. internationally as a nation which measures cost V the safety of women and children. While other nations show us how it should be done despite the work and cost.

I think we both know exactly how that came about, so the least said, soonest mended.

The fact that after all these years there is till such resistance to finding out what happened to this little girl is quite extraordinary and has been one of the main features since she vanished and her parents inconveniently insisted on searching for her..

GA told respected Portuguese news weekly Sabado: “The question should be how are the German police involved? How did the (Portuguese) Judicial Police agree to this and why?

“In simple analysis, I see that there is no new investigation, what is happening is an act of building the profile of a scapegoat and a virtual blaming.”

He suggested the search was aimed at justifying the considerable “time, money and human hours that have been invested” in the case by trying to show the public that “Brueckner must be guilty”.

In the interview, which came as a joint police team from Portugal, Germany and the Metropolitan Police concluded their search, GA reiterated his theory that Brueckner was a “convenient scapegoat”.

He said: “When British police began to consider Christian Brueckner as a suspect, he was living in Portugal and walking freely around.

Reckon we can see one of the tacks the defence might take if the MM case ever reaches a court.

Don't you feel the slightest twinge of regret that Britain has broadcast itself. internationally as a nation which measures cost V the safety of women and children. While other nations show us how it should be done despite the work and cost.

I think we both know exactly how that came about, so the least said, soonest mended.

The fact that after all these years there is till such resistance to finding out what happened to this little girl is quite extraordinary and has been one of the main features since she vanished and her parents inconveniently insisted on searching for her..

GA told respected Portuguese news weekly Sabado: “The question should be how are the German police involved? How did the (Portuguese) Judicial Police agree to this and why?

“In simple analysis, I see that there is no new investigation, what is happening is an act of building the profile of a scapegoat and a virtual blaming.”

He suggested the search was aimed at justifying the considerable “time, money and human hours that have been invested” in the case by trying to show the public that “Brueckner must be guilty”.

In the interview, which came as a joint police team from Portugal, Germany and the Metropolitan Police concluded their search, GA reiterated his theory that Brueckner was a “convenient scapegoat”.

He said: “When British police began to consider Christian Brueckner as a suspect, he was living in Portugal and walking freely around.

Reckon we can see one of the tacks the defence might take if the MM case ever reaches a court.
You speak as if the Uk hasnt wanted to spend money on this case which is far from being correct.

I translate werden voraussichtlich noch längere Zeit andauern a bit differently

More in the direction "are expected to continue for a longer time" or "are expected to take longer" rather than "a long time"
I am not a native German speaker alas, but I think it could mean both. even if they meant longer, no difference really. they will continue working on this

Reactions: Mex
An even longer period than the 6 yrs already investigated by the BKA or the three as prime suspect.?
The investigation period is worthwhile. It could have concluded that CB was no longer a person of interest and eliminated from the inquiry. As it stands that did not happen and the police continue to follow evidence.
My opinion - as long as there is evidence to follow, doing so is appropriate in any civilised society.

Give over, as Mr Jitty says if the government wasn't funding OG it would have had to compete - since day 1 of its existence - with all the other work the Met has to do. As we all know sadly there are a great many other unsolved cases also, and they can't spend as much as they would wish to on all of them. Unless we all agree to pay more tax (not a bad idea imo but that's rarely - very rarely - a successful policy politically)

IMO that was actually an advantage

If it was just part of the overall Met budget Grange likely would have got far less resource.
The Met had its own issues at the time and since and the HO would in my opinion have had to step in at some stage in a case concerning a British child missing abroad in the circumstances of the MM case for as long as the evidence supported intervention.

Don't forget this little girl was written off almost from the start of the investigation into her disappearance.

The Met had its own issues at the time and since and the HO would in my opinion have had to step in at some stage in a case concerning a British child missing abroad in the circumstances of the MM case for as long as the evidence supported intervention.

Don't forget this little girl was written off almost from the start of the investigation into her disappearance.
Mex, you know very well police from countries all over Europe and North Africa were running around looking for her. What they all lacked was evidence. There was no lack of will or effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08