Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malinka was one of the 2014 arguidos, the other three had Bilton of the beeb with his furry mike harassed them in the name of journalism in 2017.

There may well have been other arguidos too. I know of at least one. Whose trust in the police was such that they chose to request to be questioned as arguido because the status allowed the the right to be accompanied by a lawyer.

There may well have been other arguidos too. I know of at least one. Whose trust in the police was such that they chose to request to be questioned as arguido because the status allowed the the right to be accompanied by a lawyer.
So being arguido in CB's case is all to do with trust?

Take a look at the Australian case mentioned yesterday, Mex. Same thing happened there. It happens everywhere when police arrive and they don't know what the situation is. It doesn't just happen in Portugal. Same thing happened in Boulder, Colorado, in the JonBenet case. US police, not Portuguese. Same thing happened in Soham. UK police of course. Not Portuguese. It happens everywhere.

Considering you want the Portuguese to help the German and British police now I'd have thought your relentless anti-Portuguese rhetoric was entirely counter-productive.

I am sorry you think that stating a fact is being xenophobic. Bearing in mind that in Portugal 2007/08 it was competent policing which very likely overturned the risk of a miscarriage of justice arising from investigators getting the bit between their teeth. They focused on attempting to fit the investigation to their theory of events instead of following the evidence. An elementary error dismissed when the evidence was followed and understood such as the report from the Birmingham laboratory.

I am sorry you think that stating a fact is being xenophobic. Bearing in mind that in Portugal 2007/08 it was competent policing which very likely overturned the risk of a miscarriage of justice arising from investigators getting the bit between their teeth. They focused on attempting to fit the investigation to their theory of events instead of following the evidence. An elementary error dismissed when the evidence was followed and understood such as the report from the Birmingham laboratory.
Stating fact? :D You know very well the PJ couldn't prosecute them in 2007, and you haven't the slightest bit of evidence the judiciary ever had any intention of doing so. But you don't let trivialities like that stop your campaign do you. On and on you go

So being arguido in CB's case is all to do with trust?

Being an arguido as far as CB is concerned is a very serious business.

Declaring someone a person of interest is a necessary step to any criminal charges.
In its statement, though, Portugal's office of public prosecutions said the move was not driven by timing, but by "strong indications" of the practice of a crime.

Stating fact? :D You know very well the PJ couldn't prosecute them in 2007, and you haven't the slightest bit of evidence the judiciary ever had any intention of doing so. But you don't let trivialities like that stop your campaign do you. On and on you go

I think we risk straying off topic by following this line of discussion with no reference being made to CB.

I think we risk straying off topic by following this line of discussion with no reference being made to CB.
It's the oldest discussion in here as well, so it's better not to waste precious time!;)

Reactions: Mex
Being an arguido as far as CB is concerned is a very serious business.

Declaring someone a person of interest is a necessary step to any criminal charges.
In its statement, though, Portugal's office of public prosecutions said the move was not driven by timing, but by "strong indications" of the practice of a crime.
oh! so it's only relevant if it applies to CB.

oh! so it's only relevant if it applies to CB.

Probably at the moment you are spot on with that assessment. We knew CB to be prime suspect in Britain and Germany. The situation in Portugal might have been a bit more enigmatic.
But being constituted arguido could not have been done lightly nor without lot of thought being put into what is a very serious issue.

The police can seldom have been been hounded by speculation about an active investigation in the way in which they have been throughout this one.

In fact I can't think of one.

Particularly one which has in its time been subject to three forces participating with only the initial investigators widely peer acknowledged to have botched the case right from the word go is the only one to have escaped public opprobrium.

Scotland Yard have been widely criticised as have the Bundeskriminalamt both of whom have a mandate, expertise and resources in international cases such as MM's
My opinion

The Bundeskriminalamt has also been assigned the task of promoting police co-operation in Europe and throughout the world as a legal mandate. After all, national borders should not be an obstacle in the fight against crime.

All official communications between the German police and other countries are routed through the Bundeskriminalamt. This makes it possible to compile important information and ensure uniform application of legal provisions. The BKA acts as the national central office for Interpol, Europol and the Schengen Information System.

The BKA investigates outstanding cases of international crime as defined by law either on its own initiative, or whenever a public prosecutor's office puts it in charge of such investigations due to the significance of the criminal offence in question.

The BKA is also responsible for protecting the members of the constitutional organs of the Federation.
Well said. IMO they don’t have to justify their process to the public nor be driven by opinion on whether they’re productive. In some respect their resilience & reluctance to cower to external pressure is a sign of strength & relentlessness. Almost myopic at times.

IMO it’s very straightforward, they’ve concluded 5 investigations, they can now solely focus on the MM case, they’ve received a lot of information & they won’t conclude until they’ve been through every piece of information. JMO

I can give it a go if you like. Cases of missing children vary widely depending on age and circumstances eg whether or not they ran away from home or were taken on the run by a parent, etc, so a 15 year old who runs away to the big city is different to an 8 year old taken abroad by his estranged father against his mother's wishes, to a 4 year old who disappears from her bed in the middle of the night. I would agree that spending £15 million trying to trace a 15 year old runaway might be considered excessive, however when it comes to trying to find a four year old who may have been abducted, possibly by someone intent on harming her and therefore possibly other children too then £15 million whilst still a huge sum of money seems more justifiable. In this case, if it remains unsolved at £15m then that could be considered money down the drain by some, however spend another (for example £500k) to solve the case, achieve justice and prevent harm coming to others, well then that might be considered money well spent.
Well said. MM is worth the funding.
The April Jones investigation cost £9 million, yet i’ve never seen any comments (on SM) scrutinising the amount spent &/or having an issue with it.
IMO, for some, in reality their frustration with grange has absolutely nothing to do with how much has been spent, it is all to do with the direction the investigation is going in.

But think through why pollen signature would be of interest, it's known CB visited the area, it's known there is no body, what would they want a match for ?what would any indicators of CB being at the reservoir actually mean?
Off the top of my head, it may link to a site where forensics are eventually discovered. But I was speculating tbh Richard.

Still, we haven’t had an official confirmation either way from HCW as to what was found. My guess is that the tangibles like the remnants of clothing (eg bra strap) have been ruled out. But they haven’t finished testing the soil composition. Just my opinion.

Well said. IMO they don’t have to justify their process to the public nor be driven by opinion on whether they’re productive. In some respect their resilience & reluctance to cower to external pressure is a sign of strength & relentlessness. Almost myopic at times.

IMO it’s very straightforward, they’ve concluded 5 investigations, they can now solely focus on the MM case, they’ve received a lot of information & they won’t conclude until they’ve been through every piece of information. JMO
Agree Frank. I have confidence in the determined Germans. Not for us to know the whys, whats and other ‘double-u’s’ until they are ready to proceed. My thoughts.

I would be very surprised if the public expect to hear any explanation from innocent people such as KM, GM, RM or the 2014 arguidos.
I’m part of the public and I would like an explanation - I’m not on my own.

You are persistent in your claims that the original Portuguese investigation was substandard yet it is the only one that carried out any type of investigative work on the McCanns or RM. How can you be certain they are innocent? It is a contentious issue. IMO, there has been less evidence provided publicly to support CB being the culprit than was provided to support the suspicions of the parents.

I agree with that opinion 100%

Which is why I think that no missing child should be ignored by the authorities for six years while the parents are left to raise money to pay for private detectives to search for her.
I don’t think you’ve got that right. IIRC, the initial investigation went to 2009 and then OG started in 2011.

Nevertheless, funding is a practical consideration. Endless funding for missing children either takes resources away from investigations into rape and murder or increases taxes.

How much are you prepared to pay for the additional required LE expense?

You are persistent in your claims that the original Portuguese investigation was substandard yet it is the only one that carried out any type of investigative work on the McCanns or RM. How can you be certain they are innocent? It is a contentious issue. IMO, there has been less evidence provided publicly to support CB being the culprit than was provided to support the suspicions of the parents.
Just on your last sentence, I can’t disagree on the surface, yet the evidence for both appears to be disputed down the years, including the dna traces. I think only when evidence is presented in court will there be transparency but also, we shall see what stands and what falls. Eventually!

Just on your last sentence, I can’t disagree on the surface, yet the evidence for both appears to be disputed down the years, including the dna traces. I think only when evidence is presented in court will there be transparency but also, we shall see what stands and what falls. Eventually!
I agree with you but many people have strong opinions about CB based on very flimsy proof!

Off the top of my head, it may link to a site where forensics are eventually discovered. But I was speculating tbh Richard.

Still, we haven’t had an official confirmation either way from HCW as to what was found. My guess is that the tangibles like the remnants of clothing (eg bra strap) have been ruled out. But they haven’t finished testing the soil composition. Just my opinion.
There was no official announcement of the discovery of supposed items like the bra , HCW won't announce either way .imo

It was good enough for Rowley to declare that the issue of the parents was dealt with in the initial investigation, maybe that why it's intimated to be sub par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump