Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why no one under 8 should be left home alone by law. If there was a fire, it wouldn’t matter if the door was locked or unlocked, you would have a 3 year old with two babies unable to get out regardless...

here’s the scary thing from when I worked one summer at a uk camp....the keys were essentially useless. Most staff had a master key, loads would go missing and most doors could be opened with a sharp shove. you had contractors turning up to collect keys, staff losing them, residents losing them etc.

Now do you think a similar resort in Portugal would be the same, worse or miles better?

You make a very valid and alarming point. You are right and OMG off topic but thinking of holidays past and future I shudder! Last year I experienced someone in the middle of the night trying to unpick the lock to my apartment. Each night after that I set up things to fall so I would wake up and be alerted, including a wooden chair balanced to fall and some crockery that would smash or be tripped over and clatter. Turns out lots of people buy door wedges with alarms in them to go on holiday. I will be one of them for sure now.

You make a very valid and alarming point. You are right and OMG off topic but thinking of holidays past and future I shudder! Last year I experienced someone in the middle of the night trying to unpick the lock to my apartment. Each night after that I set up things to fall so I would wake up and be alerted, including a wooden chair balanced to fall and some crockery that would smash or be tripped over and clatter. Turns out lots of people buy door wedges with alarms in them to go on holiday. I will be one of them for sure now.
God yes, I've had one for 30 years. Very useful! (Well, without the alarm)

This is the first I’ve heard/read that he described how he’d disposed of the body. Hmmm...

I said this before but early media reports stated CB talked about MM as though it was spontaneous. Then it turns out German prosecutors informed him in 2013 that they wanted to question him about MM and had been investigating for 4 years. That’s quite different from spontaneously talking about MM to a friend.

That’s not to say he isn’t involved. And there is the rape (footage?) and subsequent DNA match, apparently stemming from the same bar conversation. (As an aside: was he high? Who talks about this to friends?)

I just hope the Germans have much more because talk is just talk, and he knew they were chasing him for MM.

Agree.
Small time dealer imo. Too preoccupied with his other 'interests' to be a drug lord.

Actually I think important drug lords wouldn't even allow him to hunt on their grounds....bad news.

i was quoting, and talking about it from FP's perspective.
she was an Anaesthetist, who at the time also had 2 small children, and she thought it was weird.
I know and much appreciated that it is being discussed here, could have been a possibility that they were sededated to gain more success for a kidnapping by a perp. But I never believed that the McCanns drugged their kids and that MM died of an OD.

From what I about burglary is that they are watching your house, a period, before they break in, so that they know all your routine and know when too hit. Of course your routine is different when you are on vacation, but it seems to me, they were being watched.

Sadly Pedophiles work better together than we think and are sophisticated.

I've got 3 kids (4, 5 and 6), they all sleep in the same room and apart from the eldest I could see them sleeping through a lot of noise and commotion. For instance a house 4 doors down from me was on fire and I had to literally drag the kids out of the house because they wouldn't wake up. Children who are a couple of years younger are even deeper sleepers as their brains require more sleep.

Not discounting drugs were used, just offering a fatherly perspective.

I agree re sleeping children. Some wake on a hairpin and yet others are impossible to wake up even if you had a marching band in the room a young child might not wake up

I kind of think it is. It makes no sense why he’d lie about Madeline but then tell the truth about the rape on the older lady. This was obviously someone he considered a friend/trustworthy So he would have no reason to lie to him IMO. Maybe that’s why the German police are so sure she is dead, and said they know “the method that was used to kill her” but like everyone will say - a bar confession isn’t going to be enough to take him to court. They need hard evidence.

They need hard, indisputable evidence. They realize if he’s released, he will strike again. That much they have figured out. They cannot afford any smidgen of doubt during his next trial. Not how he was picked up, not how he’s treated in jail. Basically, 100% procedure and 100% of facts must correct. Almost an impossible task. But the Germans are bound and determined to make it happen. He’s a citizen of Germany. Under their laws, he is to be brought back and tried in Germany. German procedure sounds a little tougher than Anglo-Saxon laws, British and American. They can’t charge him, question him bc all evidence must be given to his defense team once that happens. All these agencies must work together to get this man off the streets, for good, whether for McCann’s murder, rape of a 72 year old, drugs, or other children’s assault. I wish that they would put aside their pride.

Are there any portuguese speakers following this Thread? I'd like to know what HCW's saying in this video.
Procurador alemão responsável pelo caso Maddie diz que tem provas da morte

Interviewer asks if he thinks CB killed MM based on his profile or based on evidence.
German prosecutor: "I understand. It has nothing to do with his profile, but after information we collected on our suspect over the last two years, we gathered proofs and it's based on them that we assume the girl was murdered by our suspect. In the moment we can't share the concrete proof we have"

"At the moment our proof is not enough to charge him or arrest him. Even though we have strong evidence, they're still not enough."

Journalist talks about the saliva samples collected 13 years ago.
"Only earlier today I became aware of the existence of these proofs and at the moment I can't say anything. We don't want to present any data, we don't want to share what we already looked into/investigated or what we still plan to investigate. So I can't say anything else."

Last edited:
I know and much appreciated that it is being discussed here, could have been a possibility that they were sededated to gain more success for a kidnapping by a perp. But I never believed that the McCanns drugged their kids and that MM died of an OD.

From what I about burglary is that they are watching your house, a period, before they break in, so that they know all your routine and know when too hit. Of course your routine is different when you are on vacation, but it seems to me, they were being watched.

Sadly Pedophiles work better together than we think and are sophisticated.

I just can't think as to why the perp would have needed to sedate unless they were going to spend a long period of time in that apartment. The perp would have been in and out very quickly imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PTA